Three SEMA Shelby Mustang GT500's

Started by SVT666, November 02, 2006, 03:33:42 PM

JYODER240

Quote from: ChrisV on November 13, 2006, 01:26:05 PM
So do you want facts or not? Is this a website about car facts or just BS? Hmm? He said race cars don't use stripes anymore. The fact is, they often do, just like before. Therefore he was factually wrong. And correcting factually incorect statements is what we Do on car forums, or would you rather that NO ONE anywhere ever told ANYONE their facts were wrong? Hmmmm?

Raza tends to type without thinking fiorst. He gets corrected when his facts are wrong. Just like YOU would do if someone came on here and said a stock '89 Civic was faster than a 350Z, and dont' pretend you wouldn't.

If someone points out where MY facts are wrong, I ALWAYS thank them and say "learned something new." That's the difference. I don't insult them for knowing more, or whine about my "opinion."? You ought to try it sometime. Dumbass.

Someone saying saying there stock Civic is faster than my Z is just like Raza saying race cars don't have racing stripes: They're both jokes ;)

Know one has a problem with correcting something  wrong but don't come in here and do it like you're better than everyone else and are so much more knowledgeable. We correct each other all the time on this forum but we aren't absolute pricks about it like yourself.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

I actually know a guy with a Civic...it's not stock, but all he did was change the shift knob, and he routinely destroys Zeds at the drag strip.  Autocrosses depend on the tires.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

With enough time and money you can make anything go fast.  I could care less about 1/4 times though, i care more about handling and what car is the most fun to drive.

The Pirate

All I care about is 1/4 mile times, that's why I drive a Honda.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT666

Quote from: The Pirate on November 13, 2006, 08:59:09 PM
All I care about is 1/4 mile times, that's why I drive a Honda.
I just peed myself.  :lol:

The Pirate

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 13, 2006, 10:08:17 PM
I just peed myself.  :lol:

:lol:

What's funny is that there are people who believe that statement to be true.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

JYODER240

Quote from: The Pirate on November 13, 2006, 10:10:46 PM

What's funny is that there are people who believe that statement to be true.

I heard this kid talking last weekend end and he said i need a fast car i want to get a Honda with v-tech :lol:

The Pirate

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on November 13, 2006, 10:13:17 PM
I heard this kid talking last weekend end and he said i need a fast car i want to get a Honda with v-tech :lol:

Yeah, ignorance is bliss, right?

Even the "fast" S2000 isn't a demon in a straight line.

JYODER240

And the fact the nearly every new car has a something similar to v-tech.

J86

I live MY life one quarter mile at a time.

OK, so what's the pool on Mr. V shows up and posts pics of Hondas that are monsters at the drag strip just to prove us all ignorant and wrong? :lol:

The Pirate

I don't mind ChrisV, he can be a bit abrasive at times, but he definitely knows his stuff and has some cool projects.

Raghavan

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on November 13, 2006, 10:20:28 PM
Yoder, it's V-tec, not V-tech. V-tech is the phone company.

J86

Quote from: The Pirate on November 13, 2006, 10:27:14 PM
I don't mind ChrisV, he can be a bit abrasive at times, but he definitely knows his stuff and has some cool projects.

I know, he's a wealth of knowledge, but c'mon, people gotta be able to take a little razzing!

Raghavan

I would know the same thing from 10 minutes of researching through the intanet.
For all i know, ChrisV could be some bored 10 year old getting all this 'knowlegde' off the intorznet.

MX793

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on November 13, 2006, 10:20:28 PM

Not really.  A lot of cars have variable valve timing/phasing, but not so many have variable lift.  VTEC incorporates both timing and lift variation.  BMW has both VVT and VVL (Valvetronic and VANOS).  I only know of one Toyota motor that has both systems (VVTL-i in Toyota speak), and I don't think that motor is offered in any US market Toyotas anymore.  Mitsubishi's MIVEC does both, though it's not in every motor they sell.  I don't know of a single Ford, Chrysler or GM engine that has variable valve lift.  If Nissan has VVL, it's not offered in America.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

JYODER240

Quote from: Raghavan on November 13, 2006, 10:28:14 PM
Yoder, it's V-tec, not V-tech. V-tech is the phone company.

you would know, ricer.  :devil: :P

omicron

I'm about THIS close to throwing a leg over the Comet, I can tell you right now :lol:

TheIntrepid

ChrisV definitely knows his stuff, seeing his past expertise in the GTCC threads, but he's way too arrogant and has a temper problem.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

His assumption that none of know anything is what gets me too.  It's the same thing with MikeTheBike on the C&D Forums.

Catman

Quote from: Raza on November 13, 2006, 10:52:44 AM
You know, I actually do like this one:

Beautiful stance right there.  Mean and planted.  However, not being a fan of the stripes either I'd love to see that car in a dark silver or charcoal with a black interior.  I'd keep the wheels. :rockon:

Raza

I definitely dig those rims. 

I just saw a pic of the blue/white that looked good, goofy face and all.

Great sig, Cat.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Quote from: Raza on November 14, 2006, 06:59:39 PM
I definitely dig those rims.?

I just saw a pic of the blue/white that looked good, goofy face and all.

Great sig, Cat.

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2006, 03:33:42 PM
Three SEMA Shelby Mustang GT500's.? The blue one is the one I think we all wished Ford had built the first time around...

http://www.stangnet.com/Mustang-Aftermarket/SEMA-Modified-Shelby-GT500s-061101.html

HEMI666: Greetin's, Hemi!? This forum software sure beats the crap out of the forum software on the Car and Driver website!!? Anyhooooo, the Sonic Blue/White-striped GT500 is the GT500 we all wished we had--but how many of us have GT500s???? The Nethead here has three vehicles and a cycle whose purchase prices plus trade-in allowances combined about equals the GT500's $40,930 base price for the fastback coupe.? And although I'll never own a GT500 or any of its derivatives now or in the future, I'm glad they exist and I'm glad there are those who can afford them!? Maybe I'll rent a GT-H and never take it back--and get the Tremec 6060 used in the GT500 with all the money I saved by stealing the GT-H in the first place!? I am not a fan of black cars (my late father once had a black-with-black-vinyl-top '64 T-Bird), but that black-with-gold-stripes is damned delicious--especially with the dark window tint (probably only on the showcars--I doubt if tint that dark is legal anywhere except on Mercury at high noon)!

Dual racing stripes are as integral to the Shelby heritage as the golden arches are to McDonald's or the Packers are to Green Bay or the foldouts are to Playboy.? GT-350Rs were the killers of B-Production sportscar racing back in the day--affordable, reliable, and fast.? Those stripes were earned in victory circles all over North America and Europe--they belong on Shelbys like cleavage belongs on chicks.? And I got no problem with either!
So many stairs...so little time...

Nethead

From C&D, 3/28/07:

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR to Debut in New York - Daily Auto Insider?
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
BY ALISA PRIDDLE, PHOTOGRAPHY BY TOM DREW
March 2007

Ford Motor Co. continues to bolster its Mustang lineup?how many more versions can the world handle??with yet another special edition. The Shelby GT500KR will be on display at next week?s New York auto show.

More details are promised by week?s end, but one sad fact has leaked out: this won?t be the first look at the long-awaited V-8 ?Boss? engine that has been in perennial development.

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR
Plans for the Hemi-fighter from Ford, on and off the product plan in recent years, are back on track but still months away, it appears.

The expectation is the Boss will range from a 5.0-liter V-8 in a future Mustang?Ford used this year?s Detroit auto show to display a Ford Racing 5.0-liter V-8 Cammer engine in the Interceptor concept sedan that rides on a stretched Mustang platform?to a 6.2-liter OHC mill in the pending new F-Series due later this year.

As for the new KR, it harkens back to a special-edition version of the 1968 GT500, a nostril-flaring beast dubbed KR for ?King of the Road.? The original had a Cobra Jet 428-cubic-inch engine, a live rear axle, and rear drum brakes. Base price for the ?68: $4473.

Will the GT500KR be one of the three Shelbys shown in the SEMA photos at the beginning of this thread, or a composite of features from two of the three or possibly three of the three?

LonghornTX

Quote from: Nethead on March 29, 2007, 01:46:33 PM
From C&D, 3/28/07:

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR to Debut in New York - Daily Auto Insider 
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
BY ALISA PRIDDLE, PHOTOGRAPHY BY TOM DREW
March 2007

Ford Motor Co. continues to bolster its Mustang lineup?how many more versions can the world handle??with yet another special edition. The Shelby GT500KR will be on display at next week?s New York auto show.

More details are promised by week?s end, but one sad fact has leaked out: this won?t be the first look at the long-awaited V-8 ?Boss? engine that has been in perennial development.

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR
Plans for the Hemi-fighter from Ford, on and off the product plan in recent years, are back on track but still months away, it appears.

The expectation is the Boss will range from a 5.0-liter V-8 in a future Mustang?Ford used this year?s Detroit auto show to display a Ford Racing 5.0-liter V-8 Cammer engine in the Interceptor concept sedan that rides on a stretched Mustang platform?to a 6.2-liter OHC mill in the pending new F-Series due later this year.

As for the new KR, it harkens back to a special-edition version of the 1968 GT500, a nostril-flaring beast dubbed KR for ?King of the Road.? The original had a Cobra Jet 428-cubic-inch engine, a live rear axle, and rear drum brakes. Base price for the ?68: $4473.

Will the GT500KR be one of the three Shelbys shown in the SEMA photos at the beginning of this thread, or a composite of features from two of the three or possibly three of the three?

I bet the KR is going to be one costly stang.  I have heard only 500 will be made and considering the ADM treatment the regular GT500s are getting, I can only imagine what this will bring.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

goldenlover1101

Whoa, I see some hostilities in the forums, which is unusual. Anyways, that white one with blue stripes is hot. The blue one looks a lot like the FR500 (not sure if that is the correct answer) from Ford. Too boy racerish for me though.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

SVT666

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on March 29, 2007, 09:02:49 PM
Whoa, I see some hostilities in the forums, which is unusual. Anyways, that white one with blue stripes is hot. The blue one looks a lot like the FR500 (not sure if that is the correct answer) from Ford. Too boy racerish for me though.
The red one is a drag only car, the blue is one is the FR500GT which is a race-spec non-street legal car, and the white one is an all-round performer.  The white one is HOT.

goldenlover1101

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 30, 2007, 07:13:42 AM
The red one is a drag only car, the blue is one is the FR500GT which is a race-spec non-street legal car, and the white one is an all-round performer.? The white one is HOT.
Alright, I thought that was the FR500GT from Ford. Are they all from Ford or are the other two from aftermarket manufacturers. The white one is hot, I would buy it if the price was lower than the GT500 but thats unlikely.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 30, 2007, 07:13:42 AM
The red one is a drag only car, the blue is one is the FR500GT which is a race-spec non-street legal car, and the white one is an all-round performer.? The white one is HOT.

HEMI666:  At the NYIAS, you may find that you can buy a street-legal version of the white one, which sounds like what this brief article that I posted was describing.