NEW CAR BABY!!!!

Started by ro51092, November 05, 2006, 04:57:01 PM

saxonyron

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, too.  Sticker should have been around $35k, right?   How many miles per year?  I did a pretty good deal for a 25,000 mi/yr 2 yr lease.  With no $ down, payments are $605.  The high mileage obviously adds a bit, but it still came in less than buying outright over 4 years - and Audi pays all maintenance.  Do they still cover maintenance?  I heard they were planning on stopping that in '07, but it would be nice if they kept it up.  You can pretty much put away your checkbook till '09 in that case.

Oh yeah, you can chip this to 250 hp or more, and you can flash it back to stock, but the techs can pretty much see all that.  Blow a turbo, you're on your own paying for it.  :mask:  I'll hang in there for the big HP when I buy my S4 in '08.  (I can dream, can't I?  :lol: )

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

ro51092

Quote from: saxonyron on November 05, 2006, 09:10:11 PM
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, too.  Sticker should have been around $35k, right?   How many miles per year?  I did a pretty good deal for a 25,000 mi/yr 2 yr lease.  With no $ down, payments are $605.  The high mileage obviously adds a bit, but it still came in less than buying outright over 4 years - and Audi pays all maintenance.  Do they still cover maintenance?  I heard they were planning on stopping that in '07, but it would be nice if they kept it up.  You can pretty much put away your checkbook till '09 in that case.

Oh yeah, you can chip this to 250 hp or more, and you can flash it back to stock, but the techs can pretty much see all that.  Blow a turbo, you're on your own paying for it.  :mask:  I'll hang in there for the big HP when I buy my S4 in '08.  (I can dream, can't I?  :lol: )

I have 15,000 miles a year for 24 months.

Raza

Quote from: saxonyron on November 05, 2006, 08:42:56 PM
Congratulations!!   :ohyeah:  I know you were heading for the BMW, but I'm glad this deal worked out for you.  You got the right combination, too.  The sport suspension is key, and the premium package is kind of essential or you won't feel like you're driving a luxury car.  You should have some real good times with this car.  Not a bad place to be for the next couple years! 

The one thing I hate about luxury cars is the power seats. They all have to have power seats.  You set it once and then never again.  But they've got to be power.  The passenger seat in the Elise doesn't even move.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

Quote from: Raza on November 05, 2006, 10:20:28 PM
The one thing I hate about luxury cars is the power seats. They all have to have power seats. You set it once and then never again. But they've got to be power. The passenger seat in the Elise doesn't even move.

What's next, you'll be espousing the virtues of outhouses??? No, seriously.  Electric seats are mandatory for a good fit.  I miss the memory seats my A6 had - not available with premium package - would need to get the technology package.  When 2 drivers share the car, or during jacket on/jacket off season, I'm always messing with the seats.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Raghavan

Eh, for me, the less electrics in a car, the better.

JYODER240

My car has power seats but i wouldn't really car if it didn't. No one else ever drives my car so ive set it once and never moved it.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

850CSi

Quote from: Raza on November 05, 2006, 10:20:28 PM
The one thing I hate about luxury cars is the power seats. They all have to have power seats.  You set it once and then never again.  But they've got to be power.  The passenger seat in the Elise doesn't even move.

I like having double manual seats but I guess power is really useful when you've got more than 1 driver. Me, on the other hand... I don't think anyone else has driven my car in ages.

850CSi

CONGRATS on the purchase!

Are you leasing primarily so you can keep changing cars? That's not a bad reason, just curious. Where do you live that it's so hard to get manuals?

Black on black is very nice. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it, but it's very nice when its clean (inside and out).

I really think you can't get an A4 without the sport suspension. Premium package is nice to have... If I was buying an A4 I'd option it exactly how you did.

It's going to be a long month.  :lol: (Then we can go racing).

Raza

Quote from: saxonyron on November 05, 2006, 10:26:23 PM
What's next, you'll be espousing the virtues of outhouses??? No, seriously.  Electric seats are mandatory for a good fit.  I miss the memory seats my A6 had - not available with premium package - would need to get the technology package.  When 2 drivers share the car, or during jacket on/jacket off season, I'm always messing with the seats.

I never drive with my jacket on, and no one else drives my car.  I could see it for cars with multiple drivers, but I don't need them, and I don't want them.  I've adjusted my seat once in the two years I've had it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

pommes-t

Quote from: ro51092 on November 05, 2006, 04:57:01 PM
As many of you may know, I was planning on buying a BMW 328i.

Well, I bought an Audi A4 2.0T quattro.
:lol: :lol:

I'll tell you just why I made this move: The 328i with a manual transmission was like a 2-3 month wait, and I needed the car in less than a month. The Audi was available in a stick in about a month. Secondly, the Audi dealer gave me an amazing deal. $369 for 24 months with $0 down, whereas the BMW was $505 with $3500 down.

Anyway, it wasn't my first choice, but it was my second, and still a good choice. I was initially going to drop the extra cash on the BMW, because I liked it better, but then I asked myself if I liked it THAT much better. The wait for MT killed it completely. Next time for sure.

I pick it up on December 2nd. The wait will KILL me.

BTW, this is a lot like MTL_A4 SJ_GTI's situation when he bought his A4.

EDIT: My bad, it was $0 down. Some weekend special. Price slipped my mind. Makes the deal even juicier. :praise:

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pics!  ;) :rockon:

SJ_GTI

Congrats!

It does sound very similar to when I was buying a car in Montreal. I liked the 325i better, but dealerships only had automatics (except on no option models) so it was either get an automatic 325i or manual A4 1.8TQ. I got the Audi and never regretted my decision.

Pricing wasn't an issue for me though. The A4 was more expensive than the no option 325i's and about the same (maybe ~1k cheaper MSRP) than a comparably equipped 325i I almost bought. Actually now that i think back the only reason the 3er was cheaper was because it had the full leather option (in yellow...which really looked amazing).

In any event I am sure you will love the car. It won't be as fast as your TL but the AWD will be nice I am sure. And the Audi interior's can't be beat.  :praise:

saxonyron

$0 down??  Damn, you got a pretty good deal!  :ohyeah:  One benefit of leasing for me is I own the car thru my business, so the lease is a total write-off, too.  The numbers can get complicated, but as long as you take an objective step back and calculate the big picture, you can make sure your "good deal" isn't getting lost in the shuffle. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

850CSi

Quote from: saxonyron on November 06, 2006, 07:13:24 AM
One benefit of leasing for me is I own the car thru my business, so the lease is a total write-off, too. 

Yeah, that's what my dad does too.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ro51092 on November 05, 2006, 06:50:37 PM
DAMN. I forgot about the Infiniti G35. It would OWN the Audi. In fact, it is so reliable that it will last longer than the Earth will. If I bought it, I would never have to buy another car for the rest of my life!

Infiniti G35

:lol:

Jake Miller would have been proud of you. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

TheIntrepid

EDIT:

That was MAKSX on my laptop in class posting on my account. Bastard.

Sorry.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on November 06, 2006, 07:57:40 AM
Yeah, that's what my dad does too.

My parental units as well.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

thewizard16

Quote from: Raza on November 06, 2006, 01:49:07 AM
I never drive with my jacket on, and no one else drives my car. I could see it for cars with multiple drivers, but I don't need them, and I don't want them. I've adjusted my seat once in the two years I've had it.
I like having power seats, (I hate height adjustments on manual seats, and manual seats don't have all of the same adjustments) but come to think of it, I've probably only adjusted it once in the past year, after I let someone borrow the car for a day. Hmm.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Danish

Quote from: Raza on November 06, 2006, 10:14:44 AM
My parental units as well.

I haven't heard the phrase "parental units" since high school...
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

mazda6er

Quote from: Danish on November 06, 2006, 12:33:17 PM
I haven't heard the phrase "parental units" since high school...
If and when someone says "parental units" I usually take that as a cue to never speak to them ever again. Either that or I'll remember it for the rest of their lives and periodically bring it up-- "Remember when you said parental units? Why haven't you killed yourself yet?" -- and the like.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ro51092

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 06, 2006, 06:09:09 AM
Congrats!

It does sound very similar to when I was buying a car in Montreal. I liked the 325i better, but dealerships only had automatics (except on no option models) so it was either get an automatic 325i or manual A4 1.8TQ. I got the Audi and never regretted my decision.

Pricing wasn't an issue for me though. The A4 was more expensive than the no option 325i's and about the same (maybe ~1k cheaper MSRP) than a comparably equipped 325i I almost bought. Actually now that i think back the only reason the 3er was cheaper was because it had the full leather option (in yellow...which really looked amazing).

In any event I am sure you will love the car. It won't be as fast as your TL but the AWD will be nice I am sure. And the Audi interior's can't be beat.  :praise:

For me, even a no-option 328i would fine, as long as it had an MT. But they just didn't have them  :huh:

TheIntrepid

That's a good choice. I'd have picked the same car.

Sorry again about Maksx. Someone should ban that jackass

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ro51092

Quote from: 850CSi on November 05, 2006, 11:26:57 PM
CONGRATS on the purchase!

Are you leasing primarily so you can keep changing cars? That's not a bad reason, just curious. Where do you live that it's so hard to get manuals?

Black on black is very nice. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it, but it's very nice when its clean (inside and out).

I really think you can't get an A4 without the sport suspension. Premium package is nice to have... If I was buying an A4 I'd option it exactly how you did.

It's going to be a long month.  :lol: (Then we can go racing).

Yeah, that is actually why I am leasing. I live in San Diego, where there are plenty of rich kids and wives buying automatic 328's. Oh, and I am 100% sure that I would have my ass kicked if i raced you.  :lol:

850CSi

Quote from: ro51092 on November 06, 2006, 06:57:10 PM
Yeah, that is actually why I am leasing. I live in San Diego, where there are plenty of rich kids and wives buying automatic 328's. Oh, and I am 100% sure that I would have my ass kicked if i raced you.  :lol:

I also see way too many 3-Series', all of which are probably auto and driven like old men's cars, but that's really not enough to annoy me.

As for racing, it depends on the weather. I'll hand you your ass on dry pavement but once you throw precipitation into the mix it would be very interesting.

heelntoe

why quattro, is the two-wheel drive version not available?

nevermind, it's FWD otherwise
@heelntoe

Raza

Quote from: ro51092 on November 06, 2006, 06:57:10 PM

Let me drive, that'll teach him a thing or two.  I imagine the dynamics are similar to pushing a FWD car, and I'm really good at that.

:ohyeah:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Champ

Grats on the find, very nice deal too!

ro51092

The more B6 A4's I see, the more I am glad that the B7 is out  :rockon:

There's something about the B6's styling that I REALLY do not like. Maybe it's the droopy butt.

850CSi

Quote from: Raza on November 07, 2006, 06:17:14 AM
I imagine the dynamics are similar to pushing a FWD car, and I'm really good at that.

Somewhat similar, but you lose that distinct sense of knowing you're channeling everything through the front 2. It'll still understeer, but they feel a little more balanced, and because they're [relatively] so controllable at the limit, AWD cars tend to encourage one to push harder.

You've never driven an A4?