Subaru B9 Tribeca Test Drive

Started by BMWDave, June 02, 2005, 05:09:23 AM

Raghavan

QuoteExcept in a few rare cases (Aztek and Ion are two examples), styling is always subjective.
There simply are not exceptions to the rule of styling being subjective. Some indeed like the look of the Aztek, others like the Ion (I certainly thought the pre-facelift version was quite attractive).
Well then, you're just weird ;)
Hundreds of thousands of people have bought the cars, so I'm sure some of them also liked the look.
A few of them probably did I guess, but I am sure the incentives helped.
the ion actually looks nice, especially the red line model.

TBR

QuoteExcept in a few rare cases (Aztek and Ion are two examples), styling is always subjective.
There simply are not exceptions to the rule of styling being subjective. Some indeed like the look of the Aztek, others like the Ion (I certainly thought the pre-facelift version was quite attractive).
Hundreds of thousands of people have bought the cars, so I'm sure some of them also liked the look.
Now they look decent, but the original design looked very cheap imho.  

Raghavan

how? they pretty much look the same.

TBR

The front fascia has been completely revised, now it looks much more sophisticated.  

BMWDave

The front fascia has been completely revised, now it looks much more sophisticated.
I agree with you.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

I agree with you.
:shrugs:

ifcar

I agree with you.
I definitely prefer the old way, the design the headlights actually flowed with. The facelifted one is alright too, and has a new transmission (but worse seats).

Raghavan

I agree with you.
I definitely prefer the old way, the design the headlights actually flowed with. The facelifted one is alright too, and has a new transmission (but worse seats).
the new one looks a bit constipated.

TBR

I agree with you.
They have dumped the CVT, right?  

ifcar

I agree with you.
The coupes had the CVT and the sedans had a five-speed auto, and both were dumped for the Cobalt's (better) 4-speed unit.  

Raghavan

I agree with you.
The coupes had the CVT and the sedans had a five-speed auto, and both were dumped for the Cobalt's (better) 4-speed unit.
a 5speed? nice.

ifcar

The 5-speed auto was replaced by a 4-speed unit, and the 4-speed is far better.

BMWDave

QuoteThe 5-speed auto was replaced by a 4-speed unit, and the 4-speed is far better.
Is it more fuel efficient?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

QuoteThe 5-speed auto was replaced by a 4-speed unit, and the 4-speed is far better.
Is it more fuel efficient?
More fuel-efficient, and makes the car quicker. The 5-speed auto was more advanced, but just didn't work as well.

I preferred the old seats though.