GTCC #42

Started by 280Z Turbo, June 02, 2005, 04:26:45 PM

Raghavan

It's definitely a Rambler gauge, but your picture looks to be out of an American. It's not the same as the dash in question (Classic and American had different instrument clusters. The American's has a longer needle and different idiot lights).
are you an old car nerd or something? :lol:  

Rupert

Indeed... Didn't notice that. Obviously, my pic isn't the same as the one we're supposed to guess on... How close do we need to be?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

93JC

It's definitely a Rambler gauge, but your picture looks to be out of an American. It's not the same as the dash in question (Classic and American had different instrument clusters. The American's has a longer needle and different idiot lights).
^
|
|
|
----------- check the avatar

Raghavan

QuoteIndeed... Didn't notice that. Obviously, my pic isn't the same as the one we're supposed to guess on... How close do we need to be?
very close

Rupert

Then I'll say give it 93JC, unless 280 or a mod thinks differently.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

TBR

QuoteYou did great with the Prizm, IIRC. :rolleyes: ;)
That was a little bit difficult, if it had had cloth seats I would have probably guessed that it was a Corolla, but you just don't think of a car like the Prizm as being available with leather.  I was right about the brand though, and at least from the design of the door panels it did look like a cheaper car, the seats just threw me off.  

Raghavan

That was a little bit difficult, if it had had cloth seats I would have probably guessed that it was a Corolla, but you just don't think of a car like the Prizm as being available with leather.  I was right about the brand though, and at least from the design of the door panels it did look like a cheaper car, the seats just threw me off.
the prizm had leather??//

93JC

I don't know where Sean found this picture, but he might think it's an "AMC Rambler", "Nash Rambler" or "Hudson Rambler". The car was called "Rambler 6" or "Rambler Rebel V8", depending on whether it was powered by the straight-six or V8, from 1958 until 1961, after which it was called "Rambler Classic".

Raghavan

^
|
|
|
----------- check the avatar
so you ARE a nerd.

93JC

Raghavan

TBR

Yep  

Raghavan

Yep
wow. never knew that before.

ifcar

Yep

BMWDave

Yep
That was that annoying thread where everyone was guessing Avalon and Camry :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

280Z Turbo

Well, you guys are close enough. I don't know much about Ramblers other than what I learned from the song: "Beep, beep" :lol: so I don't know how much they changed from year to year.

It is a 1960 AMC Rambler. Check the eBay ad for details:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

I'm not really sure who should get this one.

93JC

That's actually a "Rambler 6". There is no such thing as an "AMC Rambler".

Quote... he might think it's an "AMC Rambler", "Nash Rambler" or "Hudson Rambler". The car was called "Rambler 6" or "Rambler Rebel V8", depending on whether it was powered by the straight-six or V8, from 1958 until 1961, after which it was called "Rambler Classic".

;)

Psilos can have a go at it if he wants. "1962 Rambler" was pretty close anyway.

93JC

That's a damn fine lookin' machine too.

Awesome. :rockon:

ifcar

You answer guesses faster, why don't you do it? ;)

93JC

Mine guess faster, eh?

Is that a challenge? :praise:  

ifcar

QuoteMine guess faster, eh?

Is that a challenge? :praise:
No, I mean that you're online more frequently, able to answer what people are guessing.  

93JC