Looking at an older XK8

Started by Submariner, November 24, 2006, 09:57:09 PM

Submariner

Quote from: Raza on November 25, 2006, 06:26:18 PM
None of them look as good as the Jag, I can tell you that.

You're a cruiser guy, I can understand that. So, you're like 63, right? You're at the winding down part of your life. The kids have moved out, the wife has kicked off, the dog has run away, and your neighbors are spreading rumors about you.

well...I'm 20, just going to college.  The friends are out drinking while im working.  The girlfriend left because I make her "skin crawl" the dog got hit by a car, and my neighbors called the cops on me because I was playing my music too loud. 

So I'm really in need of a stiff drink and a Zonda F...but I figure an XK8 will do me good enough.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT_Power

Quote from: Danish on November 25, 2006, 05:30:26 PM
Wow, I didn't know that Jags had next to no resale value

For that price, the car is an awesome value

You dont live in NA do you
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: Submariner on November 25, 2006, 06:30:02 PM
well...I'm 20, just going to college.  The friends are out drinking while im working.  The girlfriend left because I make her "skin crawl" the dog got hit by a car, and my neighbors called the cops on me because I was playing my music too loud. 

So I'm really in need of a stiff drink and a Zonda F...but I figure an XK8 will do me good enough.

How come I always thought you were alot older than just 20 :huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Submariner

Quote from: M_power on November 25, 2006, 06:33:36 PM
You dont live in NA do you

It's a damn shame, really.  They are so beautiful...and they are near worthless.

Jaguar has improved ten-fold over the past 10 years.  The new XJ and XK are wonderful automobiles.  I wish the buying public would take note.

Submariner

Quote from: M_power on November 25, 2006, 06:33:57 PM
How come I always thought you were alot older than just 20 :huh:

Have you been stalking me?  :nono:

Submariner

I hate to get off topic...but does anyone want to lend me the 90 grand to buy this car?

Good god...sex on wheels.  :pullover:

SVT_Power

SVT_Power

Why dont you save 60 grand and get the 04 XJR :lol:

Car Zeus

Sub, that is a great choice!

:ohyeah:

Tint all the windows though.

ro51092

Quote from: Raza on November 25, 2006, 06:26:18 PM
None of them look as good as the Jag, I can tell you that.

You're a cruiser guy, I can understand that.  So, you're like 63, right?  You're at the winding down part of your life.  The kids have moved out, the wife has kicked off, the dog has run away, and your neighbors are spreading rumors about you. 

I think the Z4 and the Boxster look better than the XK :huh:

Raza

Quote from: ro51092 on November 25, 2006, 07:11:37 PM

Heh, I think the Boxster does too; I was trying to make him feel better about being an old man with a basketball-sized prostate and ED.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Submariner

TurboDan

Quote from: ro51092 on November 25, 2006, 07:11:37 PM

But their price doesn't look nearly as good.  ;)

ChrisV

Get the Jag, you know you want it! Who cares if the Z4 or Boxter is a better sports car. In a street car, the Jag can go just as fast, but looks better doing it. If you want to keep the sedan, then another sedan would be nearly worthless, so go for the coupe.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Submariner

Quote from: ChrisV on November 27, 2006, 09:11:04 AM
Get the Jag, you know you want it! Who cares if the Z4 or Boxter is a better sports car. In a street car, the Jag can go just as fast, but looks better doing it. If you want to keep the sedan, then another sedan would be nearly worthless, so go for the coupe.

Thats the thing.  I've driven the Z3, 4, and boxter.  I would love to own a boxter, but I cannot afford one.  The Jag is such a great cruiser.  It has plenty of power, handles well enough, and is just too sexy for words.