Started by cawimmer430, November 26, 2006, 01:11:13 PM

cawimmer430

Thanks to BMWRules from GCZ for these scans.  :rockon:

S550 - 216 points (out of 250).
A8L - 215 points.
750Li - 200 points.
Jag - 198 points.
LS460L - 193 points.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

pommes-t

Car Zeus

Lexus should of done better.

I'd like to see more reviews.

If Acura had been in there it would have landed 1st place.

:lol:

F-ck C&D

cawimmer430

Quote from: Car Zeus on November 26, 2006, 01:19:33 PM
Lexus should of done better.

I'd like to see more reviews.

If Acura had been in there it would have landed 1st place.

F-ck C&D

Did you read the review Car Zeus?

"The Mercedes-Benz S-Class has the best fit and finish of all the cars we tested here."
:devil:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

VetteZ06

I'll take the Audi. The Benz is cool, but I've never grown to like its styling.

nickdrinkwater

I'm surprised at Lexus being last, I think we'll need to see a few more reviews before we can take that seriously.  The LS looks pretty good.

None of these cars are that good looking though, to me at least.  The S-Class just doesn't do it for me.  If I had that amount of money, I wouldn't get any of these except maybe the Jag.  Anyone else feel the same?

Maksx

Hey Guys!

Our city newspaper The Toronto Star just released their top choice for this segment...Audi S8

Catman

Quote from: VetteZ06 on November 26, 2006, 01:31:45 PM
I'll take the Audi. The Benz is cool, but I've never grown to like its styling.

Same here, it's the ugliest of the group. :confused:

ifcar

Maybe they'll restyle the S550 interior; besides the price, it's the biggest thing wrong with the car. The center cover for the display screen still looks tacked-on.

cawimmer430

The S-Class isn't as ugly as some of you might think. Design is subjective, but I personally love it. And I thought it was butt-ugly when I first saw the pictures of the new S-Class. :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

VetteZ06

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 26, 2006, 01:51:58 PM
The S-Class isn't as ugly as some of you might think.

I think it is. :praise:

Maybe ugly isn't the right word, but it can't hold a candle to the Audi.

cawimmer430

Quote from: VetteZ06 on November 26, 2006, 02:06:51 PM
I think it is. :praise:

Maybe ugly isn't the right word, but it can't hold a candle to the Audi.

It won the comparison so it is better than the Audi A8!  :rockon:

^Am I sounding like a fanboy yet?^

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Catman

The S-Class isn't as ugly as some of you might think. Design is subjective, but I personally love it. And I thought it was butt-ugly when I first saw the pictures of the new S-Class. :praise:

Damn, ugly profile, ugly fenders, ugly bumpers, ugly wheels.  Nothing not ugly.  Look inside...ugly. :P

850CSi

That's about where I'd rank them if I was, for example, making an addition and I get to keep my car. Otherwise I'd want the Jag.

The W220 is a lot better looking IMO, but I like the W221 a lot. The interior design could be a lot better IMO, but I've warmed up to it and it obviously is very very HQ. I can't believe they called its handling "amazing" too.

The best thing is the Lexus being last - and its the newest of these.

850CSi

It's gorgeous in that picture.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Colonel Cadillac

I am glad to see the Audi is still going strong!

JYODER240

It would have been interesting to see the Quattroporte thrown in there.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

nickdrinkwater

It also looks awful from the rear 3/4 view, IMO.  Look at the size of those wheel arch flares!

Car Zeus

The benz looks ugly but I like the Audi and love the Jag.

JYODER240

The Benz is far from ugly its just not up the standards that previous S-classes have set.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ifcar

I don't know, I'd say the taillights are pretty ugly.

SVT_Power

I saw two new S classes going down the road one behind the other and the thing that struck me at that moment was that it has presence. It's an ugly piece, but still unignorable
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Catman

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on November 26, 2006, 03:43:47 PM
It also looks awful from the rear 3/4 view, IMO.  Look at the size of those wheel arch flares!

Wimmer likes big butts so I can see the attraction here. :P

Car Zeus

Thing has a bigger ass than Wimmer's sister.

mazda6er

You guys are all liars. You know you like the itty bitty waste with the round thing in your face. You get sprung. Bastards.  ;)
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Car Zeus

Sir Mix-A-Lot

Now that man had class. :praise:

ro51092

AHAHAHAHA THE LEXUS GOT LAST!!!!! Maybe the self-parking thing failed and hurt one of the editors? :lol: :lol:

Oh, and in terms of looks, I would pick the top 3 as follows:

1. A8
2. 750Li (I liked the 745's exterior more)
3. S550

(Sorry for trolling, but I had to. :devil:)

Raza

I don't get it.  The Jag placed in 4th because it lagged in 2nd gear starts (that's why there's a first gear), and it's not wide enough? 

They didn't say anything about the handling.

Car and Driver still sucks, even though I'm happy the LS finished last.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.