C&D Top Luxury Sedan Shootout

Started by cawimmer430, November 26, 2006, 01:11:13 PM

ifcar

Quote from: touareg208 on November 30, 2006, 04:28:40 PM
Even the Passat 3.6 4MOTION is a decent competitor in that class.. isn't it?

Not in that class. It's been argued in the 3-Series/C-Class/G35 class, but not the 5-Series/E-Class/M35.

ifcar

Quote from: thewizard16 on November 30, 2006, 05:40:28 PM
It's odd for them. They've got nice engines, and nice interiors (though I'm not wild about some of their new design cues), but suffer from numbing handling and over-instrusive traction systems.

The GS300, GS430, and IS250 engines are nothing special. There's no steering feel, but the rides aren't as comfortable as the unfun competition (or even some of the better-handling cars) and interior packaging is dreadful. The GS is getting its new engines, but there's still no wow-factor in either the GS or IS to offset their deficiencies.

Hopefully they did a better job on the LS460 than those, and than the C/D review suggested.

1 BAD 7

I had been waiting to see how the LS460L compares to the S550, 750li and A8 L. Just as I had expected after the intial reviews the LS460L was the least performance oriented car despite having more horse power and extra gears.

Iam glad to see that BMW 750li is still the performance king and MB S550 is a hella of car by Benz. Lot of haters said nah the new LS460L will beat the 750li and MB S550 in performance. LOL.....may be next time...after all dreams do come true :P.

Out of this group I would take 7 series... LOL....no shocker here since I have one parked in my garage. The next up would be S class for me. 

Go east go west BMW 7 series is the best :rockon: :rockon:.......sorry guys had to troll a bit for my ride :devil:

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on November 30, 2006, 07:04:02 PM
The GS300, GS430, and IS250 engines are nothing special.

The European press slams the IS250 for being "underpowered" and "fuel inefficient". The brakes are terrible too I hear.

I thought the GS430's V8 was silky smooth and quiet? Or are you talking about a performance POV?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

Right, but pretty much every V8 in that class is silky smooth and quiet. It offers nothing special, and many of the others are more powerful as well.