Tundra Crew Cab unveiled?

Started by gasoline, November 27, 2006, 06:56:31 PM

gasoline

-----------------------------------

gasoline

Needless to say, you will fit in there.

Catman

Huge.  I think it looks better than the double cab.

The Pirate

Those are some huge back doors, a bit too big IMO.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

gasoline

Quote from: The Pirate on November 27, 2006, 07:00:07 PM
It's a Toyota. People will buy it.

Raghavan

Doesn't look proportional at all.

mazda6er

Oh God! Someone kill it before it breeds!
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Danish

Anyone remember the thread with the publicity/spy shots? That thing looked odd
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Colonel Cadillac

SVT666

I think the Mega Cab is still bigger, which to me is no big deal because the Mega Cab is too big anyway.  BTW, what's the point in having a box that small?  You may as well go buy a Sequoia.

thewizard16

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 28, 2006, 07:49:56 AM
I think the Mega Cab is still bigger, which to me is no big deal because the Mega Cab is too big anyway. BTW, what's the point in having a box that small? You may as well go buy a Sequoia.
I don't think that bigger means better, and I'm tired of these stupid truck designers competing for that. At any rate, this creation looks awkward, plain and simple. And I'm also wondering why the bed length went from disproportionately large (as seen with the truck in the background) to seemingly short.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on November 27, 2006, 07:00:07 PM

It looks like a redneck limousine.
:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

The Pirate

Quote from: Raza on November 28, 2006, 11:50:27 AM

It looks like a redneck limousine.

Just have to throw a tarp in the bed to make it waterproof, and you got yourself a hot tub too!

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on November 28, 2006, 11:53:01 AM

Just have to throw a tarp in the bed to make it waterproof, and you got yourself a hot tub too!

Ah, just like the parking lot of a Buffett concert.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

The Pirate

Quote from: Raza on November 28, 2006, 12:18:22 PM
Ah, just like the parking lot of a Buffett concert.

I've never been to a Buffent concert, so I couldn't tell you.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on November 28, 2006, 12:31:08 PM

I've never been to a Buffent concert, so I couldn't tell you.

Buffent?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

The Pirate

Quote from: Raza on November 28, 2006, 12:40:53 PM
Buffent?

Buffett

It's even spelled correctly in my sig, so you really have no excuse for the misspelling.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on November 28, 2006, 12:44:28 PM

Buffett

It's even spelled correctly in my sig, so you really have no excuse for the misspelling.

I'll let that one go.

I've never been to a Buffett concert either, but I hear the tailgating is legendary.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I don't know how you all can tell anything about bed length from this picture. But, I think it looks far better than the Doublecab, not nearly as awkward imho.

ifcar

The box certainly does look rather short, at least to me, but the proportions from the rest of the truck might just be throwing off my perspective.

I'd agree that this appears to be the best-looking version of the Tundra so far, but the whole line is just trying too hard to look big. (The Tacoma did, too.) The current version may have been smaller, but it had some elegance to it.

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on November 28, 2006, 01:06:36 PM
I don't know how you all can tell anything about bed length from this picture. But, I think it looks far better than the Doublecab, not nearly as awkward imho.
Considering the bed starts at the front of the wheel well I would say it's probably no longer then 5'4" long.

Catman

Not sure what the point is for large cabs and tiny beds.  Just get an SUV.

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 28, 2006, 03:33:28 PM
Considering the bed starts at the front of the wheel well I would say it's probably no longer then 5'4" long.

It looks like it starts about 6" before the wheel well to me. Additionally, I've heard that they were going to offer more than one bed choice.

Catman

Quote from: TBR on November 28, 2006, 03:42:58 PM
It looks like it starts about 6" before the wheel well to me. Additionally, I've heard that they were going to offer more than one bed choice.

I'd say it's closer to 8". :P

The Pirate

Raghavan

Quote from: The Pirate on November 28, 2006, 03:53:33 PM
Looks like 64.2 to me
O snap.
I'd happily sacrifice some of that rear room for a longer bed, but that's just me.

omicron

Whoever buys one of these obviously has obese five year-olds who need hauling to school, and if that's the case they're better served by a forklift.

Raza

Quote from: omicron on November 29, 2006, 03:41:47 AM
Whoever buys one of these obviously has obese five year-olds who need hauling to school, and if that's the case they're better served by a forklift.

Now they have those carry-on luggage backpacks, so they weigh 30 pounds without any books in them.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Nebtek2002

Quote from: Catman on November 28, 2006, 03:38:05 PM
Not sure what the point is for large cabs and tiny beds.? Just get an SUV.

I'm not sure of this concept ,either. My own preference would be the flexibilty of two purpose-built vehicles, not one  does-it-all-but-none-very-well SUV.

I'd buy a new and very basic standard-cab pickup for hauling. I say new because most basic pickups on the used market are old fleet or farm beaters.

I'd then get a nice, big sedan. This could be a used one since most used big sedans are old folks' cars that were well kept-up.

I wouldn't be driving my heavy hauler/trailer toter around town if I didn't need the hauling capacity, I'd use the sedan and get roughly double the city gas mileage in a vehicle that's much easier to maneuver and park.

gasoline

Quote from: Catman on November 28, 2006, 03:38:05 PM
Not sure what the point is for large cabs and tiny beds.  Just get an SUV.
Or one of these: