Production pics: 2008 Buick Enclave

Started by gasoline, November 28, 2006, 12:15:33 AM

gasoline

Well, we all knew it would look "the same":

And an interior photographed in a (nasty) way only GM can. When will that company ever learn how to take pictures of anything?

Here are two more mediocre pictures.
Brown is a terrible color:

I cannot wait to see real-life pictures of this in other colors as well.
As it stands now, I do not like the grey background or the dull lifelessness of the picture
s.
-----------------------------------

gasoline

Trying to add bigger pictures. Go here for more:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/28/la-auto-show-meet-the-2008-buick-enclave/

Here is a side-by-side. See if you can tell them apart (concept/production):

gasoline

Here are better interior photos:

It does look better in "real life", as you can see here...kinda...
(By the way, I think the guy in the striped shirt is the designer of the Enclave).

Click:

also click:

And I will leave you with this parting shot:

Raza

That interior doesn't look bad.

Although, the exterior...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

The only real way you can tell the concept and production versions apart is by the mammoth wheels on the concept.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TheIntrepid

Given this is the new-generation Rendezvous... it's one hell of an improvement. Just put a Northstar V8 in and we'll be set.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Nebtek2002

The overall style evokes the "Golden Age of Buick"--the late '30s to mid '50s. Don't like the brown color all that well, though.

It looks more like a real Buick than the Rendezvous, which looked more like Aztek toned down for the timid.

If I didn't own vehicles that I expect to get many more years and miles out of, I'd consider this one.

nickdrinkwater

The grille on the production one seems to have more chrome.

Not bad, but that colour doesn't do it any favours, and I'm not too fond of those chrome wheels.  I like the other GM 4x4s more I think.  It's definitely better than some of the ones in the past though.

SJ_GTI

It looks fantastic IMHO. If GM put this much effort and style into its mainstream cars they would be much better off.

Catman

Great looking vehicle inside and out.  The styling is very unique and classy.  Look how easily that girl inserts wood into the rear. 

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Catman

Submariner

Quote from: Catman on November 28, 2006, 03:01:26 PM
Geez, dirty minds around here. :rolleyes: :P

We have trained ourselves with 44 pages of the ARBT.

BTW, that's destined to become a classic quote.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

gasoline

Anyways....

Since I have learned how to downsize the pictures properly, let us try this again:

Those came from the Buick site--which has video of a ghetto-sounding Tiger Woods...never mind.

goldenlover1101

looks awesome in my opinion. So much better than the lexuz rx330. Very out of the ordinary and not in a bad way. I think GM is finally getting it. The interior is very good. Looks good enough to be in the ring with the big guys. I hope buick carries this type of design across their range, like cadillac did with the art and science look. Different type of design, more organic and rounded. Looks very different than is siblings, arcadia and outlook

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

sandertheshark

Geez, how many buttons do you need on your steering wheel?

Otherwise fantastic.  Looks great inside and out.

BMWDave

This looks like a really, really nice car, both inside and out.  GM was smart to keep it true to the concept.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

I think brown is one of the best colors for this car, actually, and there are few cars that actually look good in brown.

Catman

I hope GM carries the aggressive styling across Buick's lineup.

gasoline

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 28, 2006, 06:25:45 PM

Otherwise fantastic.  Looks great inside and out.
So true! It's getting a bit ridiculous.
I'm going to predict that even more buttons will appear on the steering wheel soon in cars.

ifcar

The steering wheel is a convenient a place as any for controls. Why not put them there?

sandertheshark

Quote from: ifcar on November 28, 2006, 07:07:01 PM
The steering wheel is a convenient a place as any for controls. Why not put them there?
Well, at some point they migth interfere with steering.

ifcar

Not off to the side that way. How often are you handling that area of the steering wheel?

IrishGuy

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 28, 2006, 06:25:45 PM

Speaking of that, I drove my friend's 2002 Altima the other night and there were way too many damn buttons on the wheel to easily use cruise. Also, why the hell do some car manufacturers feel the need to not light up steering wheel controls? I hate having buttons in cars that aren't backlit at night.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

mazda6er

Quote from: IrishGuy on November 28, 2006, 07:55:05 PM
Speaking of that, I drove my friend's 2002 Altima the other night and there were way too many damn buttons on the wheel to easily use cruise. Also, why the hell do some car manufacturers feel the need to not light up steering wheel controls? I hate having buttons in cars that aren't backlit at night.
Just lazy with the wiring, I guess. If you drive it daily, odds are you wouldn't need the lights anyway.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer