2008 Saturn Vue pictures

Started by gasoline, November 29, 2006, 10:34:14 AM

gasoline

So here they are finally.
Looks like the bike rack thing couldn't pass crash test standards.
The puffy hood, however, will save you when it runs into a pedestrian at an intersection at 100mph. They'll just bounce right off... (rant over).
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/29/la-auto-show-2008-saturn-vue-unveiled/

If you ask me, it's not very exciting.
It'll do okay, I guess.
But then nothing in this segment is exciting anyway.
Look at what Honda has gone to to give the CRaVe some sort of identity...
-----------------------------------

tool

It looks ok.  Interior is a little dissapointing.  The outside is very Japanese looking.  This wont steal any sales from anyone.
Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen...? -mjk

SJ_GTI

Definite improvement over the current Vue, though I agree its not groundbreaking for the segment.

I like the engine lineup.

2.4L DOHC I4 w/ VVT - 164 HP
3.5L OHV V6 w/ VVT - 215 HP
3.6L DOHC V6 w/ VVT - 250 HP

Plus a hybrid in there somewhere. The V6 models get 6-speed automatics to boot.

TBR

Do we get a manual? (crosses fingers)

Looks very nice though. GM is coming out with some GREAT stuff for 2008.

ifcar

Looks nice, and very roomy. They seem to have dropped the Honda V6, I wonder if that means it will make its way into another GM instead?

93JC

I'm not interested in the segment, but I think that looks pretty sharp.

S204STi

Quote from: ifcar on November 29, 2006, 02:44:42 PM
Looks nice, and very roomy. They seem to have dropped the Honda V6, I wonder if that means it will make its way into another GM instead?

Why, if they can put the high-feature 3.6 from one of their own factories in it?

TheIntrepid

It looks awesome... with the new Aura, the Vue... Saturn's turning into a very attractive brand. Especially if they turn the Corsa into an Ion.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Danish

Quote from: tool on November 29, 2006, 10:42:41 AM
The outside is very Japanese looking.

I was thinking the same, that it could pass for a Honda
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

IrishGuy

Quote from: tool on November 29, 2006, 10:42:41 AM
The outside is very Japanese looking.

I see a lot of Equinox in it.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

J86

Exterior is meh, but I dont care for anything in that segment

nice inside

ifcar

Quote from: R-inge on November 29, 2006, 03:14:28 PM
Why, if they can put the high-feature 3.6 from one of their own factories in it?

They could have done the same before, and didn't.

rohan

Quote from: gasoline on November 29, 2006, 10:34:14 AM
So here they are finally.
Looks like the bike rack thing couldn't pass crash test standards.
The puffy hood, however, will save you when it runs into a pedestrian at an intersection at 100mph. They'll just bounce right off... (rant over).
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/29/la-auto-show-2008-saturn-vue-unveiled/

If you ask me, it's not very exciting.
It'll do okay, I guess.
But then nothing in this segment is exciting anyway.
Look at what Honda has gone to to give the CRaVe some sort of identity...
Someone please tell me what this is doing in the big guys thread?  It's liek a small suv hardly a big guy.  Otherwise I kinda like it.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Colonel Cadillac

Exterior looks good, but the interior sucks. I'm sure it is alright though.

ifcar

Quote from: rohan on November 29, 2006, 06:40:45 PM
Someone please tell me what this is doing in the big guys thread?  It's liek a small suv hardly a big guy.  Otherwise I kinda like it.

"Big Guys" just means SUVs and pickups. You can get them in size small, but if we put every everyday vehicle in the Mainstream section it would become clogged at the expense of other sections.

the Teuton

In the past, Saturn was more or less patterned off Honda, and everyone liked it (i.e. the S Series).  It seems now that they may be doing that again, but putting some effort into it this time using Opels.

I think the interior is plain, but I'm sure that it has more and better of everything that the facelifted Vue had.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

rohan

Quote from: ifcar on November 29, 2006, 06:44:16 PM
"Big Guys" just means SUVs and pickups. You can get them in size small, but if we put every everyday vehicle in the Mainstream section it would become clogged at the expense of other sections.
Got it.  Thanks for the clarification.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

ciciusss

Quote from: ifcar on November 29, 2006, 06:33:24 PM
They could have done the same before, and didn't.

IFCAR,

the 3.6 HF V6 was first available in 2004 and made it's appearance in the Cadillac CTS and SRX. Production had not been ramped up to the point where GM could have put the 3.6 in the Vue. The 3.5 V6 engines that Honda delivered to GM was part of an agreement back in 2001 I believe (basing all this on memory). GM made some diesel engines (sourced through Isuzu) available to Honda, which they placed in some of their models that they were selling in Europe.

Originally, if I remember correctly, the Honda sourced 3.5 was suppose to go into the Saturn L-Series. However, by the time the engines were made available, the L-series had proven to be a dud and was cancelled by GM. So, beginning in 2004, the Vue dropped the 3.0 V6 and received a superior engine. I think the agreement between GM and Honda on the number of Honda sourced engines that GM would get was met, so there will be no more (unless a new agreement was struck).  One of my contacts earlier this year, said there was some concern that Saturn would not have enough Vue's with the 3.5 V6 to get them through the next couple of MYs because they were selling much better than what they originally thought. Although the Vue has sold well, especially with it's MCE, demand for the V6 as gone back down to near the levels that Saturn thought they would sell.

ifcar

I see, I had never heard how that deal worked, and had misremembered the LaCrosse as an 05 rather than 06. My question was just whether the contract would continue after the Vue's replacement, which seems to have been answered.

tool

Quote from: the Teuton on November 29, 2006, 06:49:31 PM
In the past, Saturn was more or less patterned off Honda, and everyone liked it (i.e. the S Series).? It seems now that they may be doing that again, but putting some effort into it this time using Opels.

I think the interior is plain, but I'm sure that it has more and better of everything that the facelifted Vue had.

Yeah, after looking at higher resolution pictures of the interior, you get to appreciate the little details GM made sure it nailed this time.  Looks very sharp, nad I think it will do well.
Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen...? -mjk

SVT_Power

Front and back are so rounded off it looks like a freaking ball
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

gasoline

Found some real-life pictures. Up till now, the GM pictures were underwhelming:

MX793

Quote from: gasoline on December 01, 2006, 07:24:30 PM
Found some real-life pictures. Up till now, the GM pictures were underwhelming:

I'm still underwhelmed.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

gasoline

Quote from: MX793 on December 01, 2006, 07:43:29 PM
I'm still underwhelmed.
:lol: :lol:Me too, but I am thinking that the color just might work (in general). Home the Camry-buyers don't demand silver and beige...
Who am I kidding anyway, they'd never buy a Saturn.

gasoline

goldenlover1101

looks alright, kind of bland. Too much like its competitors. They could of made it much more exciting. With the outlook. Saturn has turned into a very fashionable brand (-relay). It finally could turn into an import fighter.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

ifcar

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on December 02, 2006, 07:38:21 PM
looks alright, kind of bland. Too much like its competitors. They could of made it much more exciting. With the outlook. Saturn has turned into a very fashionable brand (-relay). It finally could turn into an import fighter.

Don't forget the Ion. It's still hanging around, too.

gasoline

Hopefully these are better pics:

SJ_GTI

Call me crazy but I'm actually starting to dig it.

Chances I'd ever buy one are slim to none, but I do think it looks nice, and I still think the engine lineup sounds good.

gasoline

The only thing I wish is that they had taken risks. Nobody seems to like to take risks in this segment.

By the way, SJ_GTI, how has your VW worked for you?