335i @ LAIAS (pics)

Started by gasoline, November 29, 2006, 11:32:19 PM

J86

Quote from: ChrisV on December 02, 2006, 02:21:23 PM
if you buy one now while it's cheap, it's an investment for after... ;)? :lol:

Not a bad line of reasoning.... :lol:

I think if I put one more vehicle in the yard, I will be shot/disowned.  I already keep two boats at the 'rents place. :praise:

HeyThatsNick

I love, love, love this exterior on this car.  It is both sporty and elegant to me.  The interior is fine as well, but I think the Aluminum looks like it should be in a sub 30K car.  The woods are nice, but they should offer some sort of carbon instead of the alum.  Red leather makes me want to puke, even in Ferraris so I won't hold it to this car.  Has anyone seen the new 3-series with the saddle brown interior?  That's gorgeous...

BMWDave

The sedan looks so good...definitely far better looking than the E46.  Overall, BMW got it right with the new 3er.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

Quote from: HeyThatsNick on December 02, 2006, 09:18:04 PM
I love, love, love this exterior on this car.? It is both sporty and elegant to me.? The interior is fine as well, but I think the Aluminum looks like it should be in a sub 30K car.? The woods are nice, but they should offer some sort of carbon instead of the alum.? Red leather makes me want to puke, even in Ferraris so I won't hold it to this car.? Has anyone seen the new 3-series with the saddle brown interior?? That's gorgeous...

Welcome to the forums!! :ohyeah:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

rohan

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 30, 2006, 03:42:48 PM
I think the last generation 3-Series interior was better. The new one just doesn't really impress me. I'm not a dashstroker but in a BMW, you'd expect a little more. The new X5 interior on the other hand looks really good.? :ohyeah:
I completely agree.  I stopped a 545 (is that right?) the other night and I thought the dash was so effin fugly I couldnt stand it.  Don't care how much they cost would buy one if it was on sale for nuttin.  Just plain ugly- what happened wasn't BMW supposed to be really nice?  They all look like cheap knock-offs of Mazda.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Catman

Quote from: rohan on December 03, 2006, 07:05:58 AM
I completely agree.? I stopped a 545 (is that right?) the other night and I thought the dash was so effin fugly I couldnt stand it.? Don't care how much they cost would buy one if it was on sale for nuttin.? Just plain ugly- what happened wasn't BMW supposed to be really nice?? They all look like cheap knock-offs of Mazda.

:pullover: :nono:  :P

TheIntrepid

Quote from: rohan on December 03, 2006, 07:05:58 AM
I completely agree. I stopped a 545 (is that right?) the other night and I thought the dash was so effin fugly I couldnt stand it. Don't care how much they cost would buy one if it was on sale for nuttin. Just plain ugly- what happened wasn't BMW supposed to be really nice? They all look like cheap knock-offs of Mazda.

Wow...speechless.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

rohan

Quote from: touareg208 on December 03, 2006, 08:27:31 AM
Wow...speechless.
What's your problem now?  Can't find out where Dodge got the extra horsepower from yet for your Daytona Intrepid?  Or was that a 300M?  Or was that one of 13 Camerys?  Or was that some mini van?  Or....oh never mind.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

TheIntrepid

Quote from: rohan on December 03, 2006, 09:24:45 AM
What's your problem now? Can't find out where Dodge got the extra horsepower from yet for your Daytona Intrepid? Or was that a 300M? Or was that one of 13 Camerys? Or was that some mini van? Or....oh never mind.

I was just referring to the fact that you hate the interior of the 545i. No need to get hostile.

rohan

Quote from: touareg208 on December 03, 2006, 09:28:21 AM
I was just referring to the fact that you hate the interior of the 545i. No need to get hostile.
Sorry- guy.  At work and in that frame of mind.  Sorry. 

I hate the interior and the crappy looking wood trim.  I know- it's supposed to be real wood  but it's cheap looking and all -but the way it the dash  slices across just sucks and the door handles look like they just added them on where they could fit because they go into the car and went to close the door and remembered then they forgot to put those on.  It just looks like a bunch of after thought stuff thrown on.  On top of that it isn't even at the top of safety ratings.

~Chief Seattle

TheIntrepid

Quote from: rohan on December 03, 2006, 09:37:48 AM
Sorry- guy. At work and in that frame of mind. Sorry.

No worries :cheers:

Shouldn't you be eating donuts or arresting minorities or something? :devil:

I know cheap shot... I'm just playing though ;)

J86

Can you get the interior 'ligher'?  Or is it all black dash with that one dark wood or aluminum?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: J86 on December 03, 2006, 09:45:14 AM
Can you get the interior 'ligher'? Or is it all black dash with that one dark wood or aluminum?

I believe you can choose other colors... but I may be wrong.

rohan

Quote from: touareg208 on December 03, 2006, 09:41:13 AM
No worries :cheers:

Shouldn't you be eating donuts or arresting minorities or something? :devil:

I know cheap shot... I'm just playing though ;)
I was just thinking I might go out and see if there isn't some poor shclub out there who needs a good beating with my kel-light.   :P

~Chief Seattle

sandertheshark

Quote from: J86 on December 03, 2006, 09:45:14 AM
Can you get the interior 'ligher'? Or is it all black dash with that one dark wood or aluminum?
Pretty much all black dash and dark wood or aluminum.  And the only light upholstery option is cream beige, and I hate that color.

crv16

I guess I'm in the minority - I don't like the new coupe.  I much prefer the previous generation coupe.  The new one's rear quarter is a little too bulbous.  Although it looks nothing like it, it reminds me of the Toyota Solara - just how poofy and bulbous it looks.

That said, I absolutely love the new sedan.  Just about perfect.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

LonghornTX

Wow, I am starting to really like the E92, especially after seeing it in person.  I am even starting to like it as much as the E46 Coupe, however my dad's 04 with the optional split spoke 18's still takes the cake for me asthetically.  And though the ZHP is nice, I really only like it on the sedan.  On the coupe, the body kit IMO ruins the car's lines.

Personally, I would pass on this car's red interior and go for the saddle brown which is truly warm and rich to me. 
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

sandertheshark

Quote from: crv16 on December 04, 2006, 12:37:50 PM
I guess I'm in the minority - I don't like the new coupe. I much prefer the previous generation coupe. The new one's rear quarter is a little too bulbous. Although it looks nothing like it, it reminds me of the Toyota Solara - just how poofy and bulbous it looks.
Wha...?  You're comparing a BMW to a Toyota?  A Solara?  It's nowhere near that bulbous.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: sandertheshark on December 05, 2006, 07:16:33 AM
Wha...?? You're comparing a BMW to a Toyota?? A Solara?? It's nowhere near that bulbous.

:rolleyes: Whatever. Clearly BMW is trying to copy the premier sport/luxury coupe on the Market, the Camry Solara.  :praise:

:lol:

gasoline

Quote from: HeyThatsNick on December 02, 2006, 09:18:04 PM
I love, love, love this exterior on this car.  It is both sporty and elegant to me.  The interior is fine as well, but I think the Aluminum looks like it should be in a sub 30K car.  The woods are nice, but they should offer some sort of carbon instead of the alum.  Red leather makes me want to puke, even in Ferraris so I won't hold it to this car.  Has anyone seen the new 3-series with the saddle brown interior?  That's gorgeous...
Welcome! I hope you dive right in and post lots! :ohyeah:
-----------------------------------

sandertheshark

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 05, 2006, 12:20:11 PM
:rolleyes: Whatever. Clearly BMW is trying to copy the premier sport/luxury coupe on the Market, the Camry Solara. :praise:

:lol:

Damn.  I wish I'd noticed the striking resemblence before.

ro51092

red_shift

Quote from: sandertheshark on December 05, 2006, 12:32:18 PM

Damn.? I wish I'd noticed the striking resemblence before.

BMW is almost there. Just remove he character lines from the side, the kink, make the ass a little more rounded, and get rid of the rear wheel drive...  :lol:
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

JYODER240

Quote from: red_shift on December 05, 2006, 03:39:16 PM
BMW is almost there. Just remove he character lines from the side, the kink, make the ass a little more rounded, and get rid of the rear wheel drive...? :lol:

Thats like saying a 350Z and a 911 look the same ;)
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*