Acura 'Advanced Sedan Concept'

Started by YO, November 30, 2006, 09:06:30 AM

omicron

The most annoying part is that in the above picture, the basic proportions from the A-pillar back are quite pleasing. It's just completely ruined overall by an overly-heavy front end and ridiculous detailing. The foundations of a good design are there, but there is a long way to go.

TheIntrepid

I don't like ANY PART of it. and OH THAT GRILL... ew.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TBR

And the Aztek for this autoshow season goes to Acura.

That is a postively hideous car!

YO

Quote from: omicron on December 01, 2006, 06:27:21 AM

The most annoying part is that in the above picture, the basic proportions from the A-pillar back are quite pleasing. It's just completely ruined overall by an overly-heavy front end and ridiculous detailing. The foundations of a good design are there, but there is a long way to go.

treat it like any concept.... add some real headlights.... soften the grill in a more traditional Acura shape.... this car will be a show stopper... the concept is MADE to drive emotion....
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

sportyaccordy

Quote from: red_shift on November 30, 2006, 06:04:38 PM
Careful! This might be the only RWD (seems to be RWD) sedan to come out of the Honda stable!? :tounge:

No, it will probably be the same deal as the Legend/Vigors of yore...longitudinal motor, rear mounted tranny, complex mechanical linkages to make it FWD again (i.e. the "front" half of a longitudinal engine tranny's AWD diff)....

If they tone this down and it is RWD they will have a hell of a hit..."I've been waiting for this all my life!!!!"

sandertheshark

Quote from: YO on December 04, 2006, 08:15:05 AM
treat it like any concept.... add some real headlights.... soften the grill in a more traditional Acura shape.... this car will be a show stopper... the concept is MADE to drive emotion....
drive it right right out the door.  Dude, there is no way you can defend this thing.  It's hideous.  If anyone else was showing off a concept this ugly you'd be coming down on it like a ton of bricks.

red_shift

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 04, 2006, 10:13:13 AM
No, it will probably be the same deal as the Legend/Vigors of yore...longitudinal motor, rear mounted tranny, complex mechanical linkages to make it FWD again (i.e. the "front" half of a longitudinal engine tranny's AWD diff)....

If they tone this down and it is RWD they will have a hell of a hit..."I've been waiting for this all my life!!!!"

They had rear mounted trannies? Man, Acura is thick.

Hey YO... can you tell us if this ASC is going to be rear-drive?
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

JYODER240

Quote from: YO on December 04, 2006, 08:15:05 AM

Spin it however you want but this thing will never look good.

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

gasoline

Here is one from that site Atomic frequents:

I too was wondering about laser headlights.
-----------------------------------

sandertheshark

Temple of VTEC. ^^^ Yeah, that's where PBH and YO go to pray.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: sandertheshark on December 05, 2006, 04:52:11 PM
Temple of VTEC. ^^^ Yeah, that's where PBH and YO go to pray.

LOL. I never realized how silly the site's name was. It's pretty boring forum wise...they have good articles though

YO

Quote from: gasoline on December 05, 2006, 04:46:05 PM
Here is one from that site Atomic frequents:

I too was wondering about laser headlights.

SHOW STOPPER!!
:lol:
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...