I just love this car...

Started by gasoline, December 01, 2006, 03:58:33 PM

BRealistic

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 02, 2006, 01:33:16 PM
Doesn't look bland to me at all.  :cheers:

You want bland? This is bland:

BTW, this picture was hosted on a site called www.gaywheels.com. WTF!? :lol:

meh. That Camry looks a lot more aggressive that the Impala- though it looks like Toyota was designing the next mazda6 instead of the next Camry. The Impala is a lot of comfortable cleanly styled car for the money, but styling is subjective, and its styling seems geared more towards older buyers than younger buyers.

S204STi

It looks good because it looks like the Accord, which also looks nice.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: R-inge on December 02, 2006, 05:46:55 PM
It looks good because it looks like the Accord, which also looks nice.

:confused:

I personally hate this gen Accord... but I think the Impala is half decent. I do not see a resemblance anywhere.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

goldenlover1101

The impala is a decent looking car imo, much better than a new camry and better than the accord (Not a fair comparison because the accord is an older design). It just looks dull. Can wait till it goes rear wheel drive and gets more muscular lines.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

ro51092

So you think the is the best looking mainstream sedan? Take a look at these:

Those are the best looking mainstreamers out there, especially the Legacy and the Passat. :praise:

I don't like the Impala at all.

BRealistic

Quote from: touareg208 on December 02, 2006, 05:51:06 PM
:confused:

I personally hate this gen Accord... but I think the Impala is half decent. I do not see a resemblance anywhere.

I actually do see some common design themes between those two sedans. The hood that slopes down between the arced out headlamps, the taillight side profile, and the general proportions.

J86

Sorry dude, the new Impala has got to be a top ten snoozer in the style dept.

ifcar

In person, the Accord looks much smaller and much more angular than you can tell in the pictures.

ro51092

Quote from: J86 on December 02, 2006, 07:32:56 PM

seriously.

BRealistic

Quote from: J86 on December 02, 2006, 07:32:56 PM

yeah- that's one way to put it. I was trying to be nice. The Impala does not break any new ground in the styling department. But... it is a very large car that does not look 'fat'. And that's something commendable. The smaller previous gen Camry DID look fat imo- but I think Toyota was actually trying to exxagerate its size with that design.

I actually think the Buick Lucerne is one of GM's better large car designs. It has 'presence' in person- the Impala does not.

Here is a base Buick Lucerne CX

gasoline

It's not exciting, but it's pretty.
Very pretty.

The Camry, on the other hand, is just "bleh".
You could like it, but it's not an head-turner so much as an eye-catcher.

It's safe-stylish (allows Camry buyers to think they're risqu?.
-----------------------------------

BRealistic

Gas- you obviously really like the Impala. Styling is 100% subjective- if it looks good to you, then it looks goods to you. But you can't convince others to think something looks good to their eyes if it does not already.

sparkplug

Impala is a great car. It's affordable. You don't have to finance it for three hundred years to pay for it. Unlike the Toyota. People believe the foreign makes are justs that little bit better so they buy that instead.

Catman

Quote from: BRealistic on December 02, 2006, 08:40:41 PM
Gas- you obviously really like the Impala. Styling is 100% subjective- if it looks good to you, then it looks goods to you. But you can't convince others to think something looks good to their eyes if it does not already.

Especially if it just doesn't look good. ;)

rohan

Quote from: BRealistic on December 02, 2006, 08:33:26 PM
yeah- that's one way to put it. I was trying to be nice. The Impala does not break any new ground in the styling department. But... it is a very large car that does not look 'fat'. And that's something commendable. The smaller previous gen Camry DID look fat imo- but I think Toyota was actually trying to exxagerate its size with that design.

I actually think the Buick Lucerne is one of GM's better large car designs. It has 'presence' in person- the Impala does not.

Here is a base Buick Lucerne CX

That's the worst pic Ive seen on that car- simply aweful.  It's a nice car but it'
s hardly original= it looks just like the Intrepid with some small changes.  At least it's got a nice v8 to get you around if you want to pay for it otherwise you might as well just buy the Impala.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Catman

I drove an Impala for over a week and it was nice in many areas but the interior didn't capitalize on the large size of the car. 

BRealistic

Quote from: rohan on December 02, 2006, 09:27:23 PM
That's the worst pic Ive seen on that car- simply aweful.  It's a nice car but it'
s hardly original= it looks just like the Intrepid with some small changes.  At least it's got a nice v8 to get you around if you want to pay for it otherwise you might as well just buy the Impala.

I purposely chose a base car pic- something that's hard to find on the interweb. I like base real car pics because they are much more telling of the car on the road than the top optioned and trimmed pics we usually see on the interweb. While it isn't exciting, it at least has more character than the Impala. the Impala seems designed to be invisible.

Catman

Quote from: BRealistic on December 02, 2006, 10:03:34 PM
I purposely chose a base car pic- something that's hard to find on the interweb. I like base real car pics because they are much more telling of the car on the road than the top optioned and trimmed pics we usually see on the interweb. While it isn't exciting, it at least has more character than the Impala. the Impala seems designed to be invisible.

I think it's "interwebs". :P

gasoline

Quote from: BRealistic on December 02, 2006, 08:40:41 PM
:(

:lol:

I agree with you about the Lucerne though--although it is too "safe" to win any converts for Buick. "Safe" won't help GM now; it's got to put down the gas.
-----------------------------------

rohan

Quote from: BRealistic on December 02, 2006, 10:03:34 PM
Not the car- just the angle of the picture and maybe the hideous color.  i hope that aint the only one they put ontha t base molde you love!   :lol:
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ro51092 on December 02, 2006, 07:16:05 PM
So you think the is the best looking mainstream sedan? Take a look at these:

Those are the best looking mainstreamers out there, especially the Legacy and the Passat. :praise:

I don't like the Impala at all.

Agreed.

BUT---->

This is up there ;)

ro51092

Actually, that doesn't look that bad.

TheIntrepid

Catman

Quote from: ro51092 on December 02, 2006, 10:33:42 PM
Actually, that doesn't look that bad.

Actually, the SE is pretty sharp.   :ohyeah:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Catman on December 02, 2006, 10:36:27 PM
Actually, the SE is pretty sharp. :ohyeah:

:praise:

Goes to garage and pats its roof in admiration. [The black one isn't mine... it's a sharp picture from the net. Mine's titanium gray]

ro51092

The Pirate

Quote from: Catman on December 02, 2006, 10:36:27 PM
Actually, the SE is pretty sharp.   :ohyeah:

Don't encourage him!

:lol:

That isn't a bad looking car though. 

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ro51092 on December 02, 2006, 10:38:50 PM
Is that Camry yours?

Read up ;)... and no. Mine's gray. Equally sharp though... and mine has 2" lowering springs. :praise:

BRealistic

Quote from: rohan on December 02, 2006, 10:25:31 PM
Not the car- just the angle of the picture and maybe the hideous color.  i hope that aint the only one they put ontha t base molde you love!   :lol:

Well- i aim to please.

Choose the color of your choice, and I hope the pic angle is of your liking.

ifcar

Quote from: sparkplug on December 02, 2006, 08:54:52 PM
Impala is a great car. It's affordable. You don't have to finance it for three hundred years to pay for it. Unlike the Toyota. People believe the foreign makes are justs that little bit better so they buy that instead.

A base Camry is less expensive than a base Impala.