YO, did you ever get your Acura NSX?

Started by Car Zeus, December 03, 2006, 02:03:46 PM

Laconian

Quote from: YO on December 04, 2006, 05:28:11 PM
THANKS ALOT!! ... I forgot... it's on my list too... I just don't want that god d&$m ecotec motor... if I can still get the VTEC K motor, that might have creeped to the top of the list...

keep it up... you all are a great help

Oh my god, if you got this car half the forum would be knocking on your door for a ridealong. :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

r0tor

go for the Exige... just make sure you know a good electrician that works on cars  :P
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

YO

Quote from: Laconian on December 08, 2006, 04:23:45 PM
Oh my god, if you got this car half the forum would be knocking on your door for a ridealong. :lol:
yeah.. I've been eyeing this car for a couple of years... might be the one...
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

Lebowski

Quote from: YO on December 09, 2006, 02:41:30 PM
yeah.. I've been eyeing this car for a couple of years... might be the one...

Since it's a second car, I'd say go for it.

Fortuna

Although I enjoy the NSX, it's not the car for me. An acquaintance of mine has, or had (it's probably been reposessed by now), what I believe is a blue 2005. At 6'7, I was literally shoulder to shoulder with him as we were driving. Sadly, I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to own a true sports car due to my height.

Car Zeus

Big whoop if YO gets this car.

I'll still smoke his ricer ass. (I cannot wait until my new coupe gets delivered)

:lol:

YO

Quote from: Car Zeus on December 09, 2006, 03:37:25 PM

I'll still smoke his ricer ass. (I cannot wait until my new coupe gets delivered)

blah, blah...wait til next year!!
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Car Zeus on December 09, 2006, 03:37:25 PM

What did you buy?

MrH

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 15, 2006, 02:48:52 PM
What did you buy?
Bound to be pretty intense if he thinks he could whip an Ariel Atom in a straight line.  M5 or M6 is my guess.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

TheIntrepid

Quote from: MrH on December 15, 2006, 03:03:54 PM
Bound to be pretty intense if he thinks he could whip an Ariel Atom in a straight line.  M5 or M6 is my guess.

SL65? SL55? I have money on saying 6-series though...

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SJ_GTI

My guess is a supercharged TRD Solara...the ultimate GT coupe.

MrH

Also,  Yo, a word of advice if you are going to get an Ariel Atom.  I know you expressed interest in the Honda powered variant (I'm somehow not surprised  :thumbsup:), but if you decide to go with the GM powered one, you might want to keep this in mind.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/14/ariel-atom-to-see-a-price-hike/

From Autoblog.com,

We know it's December and most thoughts of driving a car with no top or heater are the furthest thing from your mind, but if you were considering ordering an Ariel Atom in the spring, you'd better add it to your Christmas wish list in bold letters. As of December 29th, Brammo Motorsports, makers of the Atom, are upping the base price by around $4,500. They will honor 2006 pricing on all orders placed before the December 29th cutoff.

It seems that the GM-sourced Ecotec four-cylinder engine powering the Atom was promotionally priced to get them out into the marketplace. Effective January 1, the promotion ends and the substantial price increase will have to be passed on to the consumer.

Click here to go to the company's website to spec out your own Atom. If you get your order in for Christmas, before the price increase, the current waiting list dictates that your Ariel Atom should be ready for delivery just as the weather breaks and you can actually enjoy the driving attributes without the concern for frostbite.

[Source: Winding Road]
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

I spec'd out a Honda motored one at just over 40 grand, as I recall.  It probably would make more sense to go for the weakest model, even used, since it's going to be ridiculously fun either way.  I wish they sold the Elise S here; I would love that car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.