2005 Volvo V50 2.4i

Started by BMWDave, June 03, 2005, 03:17:04 PM

TBR

QuoteComcast took a shit on me last night...

But, like I was saying the S40 T5 AWD that I built was over 37K.  I am spoiled, remember?
How did you manage that? Maybe it was a 2wd model I built.  

Raza

But, like I was saying the S40 T5 AWD that I built was over 37K.  I am spoiled, remember?
It was almost fully loaded.  Premium, sound, leather, and xenons.  No TSC or ASM, no auto, but it topped 37K.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

But, like I was saying the S40 T5 AWD that I built was over 37K.  I am spoiled, remember?
It was almost fully loaded.  Premium, sound, leather, and xenons.  No TSC or ASM, no auto, but it topped 37K.
Well, I built another T5 AWD with the following options:

Dynamic Trim Package
Leather
Audio Package
Premium Package
Bi-Xenon headlights

Total MSRP- $34,635

Raza

MSRP     $28,170         
      Added Options    $8,563       
      Destination Fee    $695       
      Total MSRP    $37,428       

exterior          
      Black    N/C       
      7 x 17" Sculptor Alloy Wheels with 205/50/R17 Tires*    N/C       
      Interior          

Off Black Leather Seating Surfaces    N/C       
      ADDED OPTIONS          

Premium Package    $2,195       
      ?Leather Seating Surfaces
?Power Glass Moonroof
?Memory Function for Power-Adjustable Driver Seat, 3-Position
?Power-Adjustable Passenger Seat, 8-Way with Lumbar Support

Dynamic Trim Package    $2,025       
      ?7 x 17" Sculptor Alloy Wheels with 205/50/R17 Tires
?Front Spoiler
?Trunk Lid Spoiler
?Lower Rear Valance
?Side Sill Moldings
?Lower Door Edge Moldings
?Available with Black, Passion Red and Silver Metallic exterior colors as a factory option. For other exterior colors, Body Kit and/or Rear Spoiler, without Dynamic Sport Suspension, Sculptor Alloy Wheels are available as a retailer-installed accessory.

Convenience Package    $305       
      ?Homelink Remote Garage Door Opener
?Auto-Dim Rearview Mirror with Compass

Audio Package    $850       
      ?Premium Sound System with AM/FM Stereo, Dolby Pro-Logic II? Surround Sound with Digital Sound Processor, 6-CD In-Dash, Anti-Theft LED, 4x70-Watt Amplifier and 25-Watt Center Speaker, 12 Speakers

Climate Package    $368       
      ?Rain Sensor
?Headlamp Washers
?Heated Front Seats

Bi-Xenon Headlamps (Includes Headlamps Washers)    $700       

Volvo Navigation System with DVD Map Data and Remote Control    $2,120       

Power Glass Moonroof    N/C       

OPTIONS TOTAL

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Ah, you got the nav system as well as the convenience and climate packages, that is the difference. And, that still isn't too bad, there aren't many premium sports sedans that you can get fully loaded for under 38k.  

Raza

QuoteAh, you got the nav system as well as the convenience and climate packages, that is the difference. And, that still isn't too bad, there aren't many premium sports sedans that you can get fully loaded for under 38k.
G35 6 speed, even the coupe.

but not AWD, I don't think.  But RWD is optimal, and AWD is a FWD fix.  

*I forgot you live in Texas.  Heated seats are amazing up here.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

QuoteAh, you got the nav system as well as the convenience and climate packages, that is the difference. And, that still isn't too bad, there aren't many premium sports sedans that you can get fully loaded for under 38k.

Our weather gets a lot colder than you probably think, it is often below freezing during the winter. The Subaru has heated seats, but I don't really see the point. Maybe with leather they would be more effective, but with cloth they just seem like another useless gimmick. Also, I'll look up the numbers, but I believe that a fully loaded G35 is right around 40k.  

TBR

Our weather gets a lot colder than you probably think, it is often below freezing during the winter. The Subaru has heated seats, but I don't really see the point. Maybe with leather they would be more effective, but with cloth they just seem like another useless gimmick. Also, I'll look up the numbers, but I believe that a fully loaded G35 is right around 40k.
I suppose I was wrong, the G35 stickers at $37,460 fully loaded.  

Raza

Yup.  It can get pretty crazy.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I still don't think the S40 is that bad as far as price goes, it really does sort of compete with the 3-series, A4, and C-class which are all quite a bit more expensive.  

BMWDave

I still don't think the S40 is that bad as far as price goes, it really does sort of compete with the 3-series, A4, and C-class which are all quite a bit more expensive.
And it has the safety and reputation of the Volvo brand.  Volvo isnt exactly a mainstreamer.  It can command a high price.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

And it has the safety and reputation of the Volvo brand.  Volvo isnt exactly a mainstreamer.  It can command a high price.
I look at Volvo as being in the Saab/Acura class.  Not a full fledged luxury brand, but really close.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I look at Volvo as being in the Saab/Acura class.  Not a full fledged luxury brand, but really close.
That is a good way to put it.  

BMWDave

That is a good way to put it.
It certainly isnt a BMW, and I would put it also about where saabs and acuras are.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...