VW Turbo-4 Club

Started by ro51092, December 05, 2006, 08:45:23 PM

saxonyron

Quote from: pommes-t on December 06, 2006, 04:27:52 PM
I often drive my dad's Audi A6 1,8 Turbo! May I join? :lol:

Oh, and our old Passat, which I drove for about, don't know, maybe 20k km was a 4 cyl Turbo, too. A Diesel, but a Turbodiesel...

My 1,3 l baby-engine only dreams of having a Turbo... :cheers:

I think that qualifies!  There are plenty of extended family cars represented here, and since you do have the video link to prove it, I say you meet the criteria.  Besides, that Polo is one badass ride.  If you ever decided to slap a turbo in that thing, watch out!  You'd be tearing the road up with 56 or maybe even 57 HP!  :rockon:   :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

pommes-t

Okay, so I'll join. But what you say about the Polo....  :banghead: :lol:

As a member of the VW Turbo-4 Club you should have heard of this legendary car:

The Polo GT 40.  It had an output of 113hp. And how did it do that. Well, it had MY 1,3L ENGINE + a Turbo (a Scrollturbo, which is more like a compressor actually) !  ;)

93JC

Quote from: Champ on December 06, 2006, 04:39:58 PM
Everything I looked at said they made less than 2,000 BMW 2002 turbo in the early 70's and then stopped making them.

Saab started in the late 70's and hasn't stopped.

Mass produced.

Maybe I'm missing a model?? I could very well be wrong.

So? You think those BMWs were painstakingly made by hand by one guy?

It was mass produced.

Champ

Quote from: 93JC on December 07, 2006, 03:53:04 PM
So? You think those BMWs were painstakingly made by hand by one guy?

It was mass produced.
I guess our definitions are different, I would say produced in limited quantities or something else I can't think of.

So if 2,000 units is mass production, what is 100,000 units?  Is it still just mass produced?  Or super ultra titanium platinum mega produced?  :p

I could change my claim to: I have a turbo 4 from the company that first massed produced turbo 4's for sale in the US.
or, I have a turbo 4 from the company that second massed produced turbo 4's but didn't give up after a year.

:)

93JC

Limited quantities? Limited quantities!? It's 2,000 frickin' cars, man! It would take forever to build them 'in limited quantities'.

It's mass produced, since it went through an assembly line and was built with pre-manufactured parts.

TurboDan

Yay!  I pick up my first VW turbo 4 tomorrow!  :lol:

Is this my first?  I know my Dad had two previous cars that qualify, but from a long time ago.  A '78 Scirocco and an '89 (I think) Audi GT.  Not sure if either of those were turbocharged, though!

saxonyron

Quote from: TurboDan on December 07, 2006, 05:48:30 PM
Yay! I pick up my first VW turbo 4 tomorrow! :lol:

Is this my first? I know my Dad had two previous cars that qualify, but from a long time ago. A '78 Scirocco and an '89 (I think) Audi GT. Not sure if either of those were turbocharged, though!

Congrats again on the new ride!? The 78 Scirocco shouldn't have had a turbo.? The Audi GT should have had a 5 cyl NA engine.? If it was a turbo, it would have been the kick-ass bulging fender ur quattro with the 5 cyl turbo.? I'm sure you would have remembered that!? I had an '86 Audi GT Coupe with the 5 cyl 5 speed.? I loved that car! 1989 was the last year for the ur-quattro - I would give my left nut to have a well-preserved model of that one.?  :wub:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan