2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

Cobra93

Quote from: IrishGuy on December 07, 2006, 04:07:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks these clubs are ridiculous? :huh:

Yes. I'm in. :rockon:

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on December 07, 2006, 04:27:26 PM
Yes. I'm in. :rockon:

Cool, I kinda thought you would be.  As first member, what would you like to be VP of? :lol:

Cobra93

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 07, 2006, 05:13:19 PM
Cool, I kinda thought you would be.  As first member, what would you like to be VP of? :lol:
Beverage procurement and dispersal.  :cheers:

280Z Turbo

I say you can't be in a club unless you have the actual car!

So, for example, I could join the CarSPIN Z-car club, CarSPIN Focus group, or CarSPIN Danger Rangers, but not the CarSPIN Ferrari club.

Clubs here are still dumb, but this way they're not as dumb.

sandertheshark

Whats the membership criteria for this one?  I'm just a fan, not an owner.

Ron From Regina

Sure, why not. I'm in. (only pics I have on my comptuer right now.)

SVT666

Quote from: sandertheshark on December 07, 2006, 06:31:38 PM
Whats the membership criteria for this one?? I'm just a fan, not an owner.
Membership application is accepted.  You're in.  :rockon:

SVT666

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on December 07, 2006, 06:26:24 PM
I say you can't be in a club unless you have the actual car!

So, for example, I could join the CarSPIN Z-car club, CarSPIN Focus group, or CarSPIN Danger Rangers, but not the CarSPIN Ferrari club.

Clubs here are still dumb, but this way they're not as dumb.
So go make your own club.  We're just having fun. :cheers:

SVT666

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on December 07, 2006, 05:18:42 PM
Beverage procurement and dispersal.? :cheers:
It's yours.  I hope you're good at it.  It's a very responsible position.

sandertheshark

So, Cobra, do I just drop you line when I run out of Johnny, Jack and Morgan or how's this work?

Cobra93

Quote from: sandertheshark on December 08, 2006, 10:16:12 AM
So, Cobra, do I just drop you line when I run out of Johnny, Jack and Morgan or how's this work?

Certainly. However, I must inform you that in the time honored tradition of upper management, I've delegated certain responsibilities such as replenishment of personal inventory to......................... well, I'll get back to you.  :praise:

Cobra93

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 08, 2006, 10:08:10 AM
It's yours.  I hope you're good at it.  It's a very responsible position.

I assure you that I will carry out my responsibilities in a most sober and thoughtful manner. Okay, maybe sober wasn't the right word. :P

The Pirate

I wish I owned one and will be purchasing a gently used 2005 GT when I turn 25 and get a significant insurance premium discount.

Is that enough for membership?
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: The Pirate on December 11, 2006, 05:13:00 AM
I wish I owned one and will be purchasing a gently used 2005 GT when I turn 25 and get a significant insurance premium discount.

Awww Jamal... you can do better than a Mustang!!! How about a new Si ... or a Caliber SRT-4 ;)

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Hmmmmm.  Sure, you're in.  :rockon:

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 11, 2006, 06:46:48 AM
Awww Jamal... you can do better than a Mustang!!! How about a new Si ... or a Caliber SRT-4 ;)
INFIDEL!!!  You must be burned at the stake.  We do that to non-believers in the Mustang club.  :P

Ron From Regina

A bit off topic.....

I don't remember where exactly (somewhere out east I think) the provincial courts ruled that car insurance based on age and gender was discriminatory. The insurance industry I am sure will appeal it, but in the mean time, everyone of every age and gender pays the same for a particular type of car.

Thats the way it has been in Saskatchewan for a long time. I paid about $1700 Canadian / year for full coverage on my Mustang. Of course, I'm over 25, but even if I was 16, I would pay the same.

SVT666

Quote from: Ron From Regina on December 11, 2006, 07:36:54 AM
A bit off topic.....

I don't remember where exactly (somewhere out east I think) the provincial courts ruled that car insurance based on age and gender was discriminatory. The insurance industry I am sure will appeal it, but in the mean time, everyone of every age and gender pays the same for a particular type of car.

Thats the way it has been in Saskatchewan for a long time. I paid about $1700 Canadian / year for full coverage on my Mustang. Of course, I'm over 25, but even if I was 16, I would pay the same.
$1700 per year?  That's a shit load man.  My 2005 Dodge Ram is $900 per year in Alberta.  My Mustang was $1100 at the time I sold it.  Oh rihgt, nevermind, I forgot that you guys have government no-fault insurance.  That explains everything.

In Alberta it was changed about 2 or 3 years ago.  Insurance companies must insure you based purely on driving record, which is the way it should be.  Otherwise you are punishing a driver for something he has never done.

Ron From Regina

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 11, 2006, 07:54:16 AM
$1700 per year?? That's a shit load man.? My 2005 Dodge Ram is $900 per year in Alberta.? My Mustang was $1100 at the time I sold it.? Oh rihgt, nevermind, I forgot that you guys have government no-fault insurance.? That explains everything.

In Alberta it was changed about 2 or 3 years ago.? Insurance companies must insure you based purely on driving record, which is the way it should be.? Otherwise you are punishing a driver for something he has never done.

You can opt out of no fault, but it doesn't change your rate for some reason.  :huh:
That price above includes an additional package policy I have for $0 deductable,  glass coverage, and GAP insurance on my loan.

SVT666

Quote from: Ron From Regina on December 11, 2006, 08:17:08 AM
You can opt out of no fault, but it doesn't change your rate for some reason.? :huh:
That price above includes an additional package policy I have for $0 deductable,? glass coverage, and GAP insurance on my loan.
It's still very high compared to what we pay out here.

On another note, did you come out to Calgary already?

Ron From Regina

Ya. Was there thursday fri, and sat last week. It was a pretty rushed trip. I was going to send you guys a PM, but I work in IT, and was doing work at our company's datacentre from 7pm to 7am, so I was mostly sleeping during the day. (Can't take the systems offline during business hours, so we gotta work at night).

You guys had some pretty nice weather there. I got on the plane at -20, and got off at +10 on thursday. That sure felt nice

The Pirate

Quote from: Ron From Regina on December 11, 2006, 07:36:54 AM
A bit off topic.....

Sadly, I live in New York state, and it's not a hospitable state for insurance purposes.  I pay about $2000 a year and that's for one car with a clean driving record, and never having made an insurance claim in my 8 years as a licensed driver.

I think New Jersey has us beat for high auto premiums, but that's about it.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SaltyDog

I'll be getting a 5sp Fox notchback sometime in the next year or two.  That is, if an RX-7 doesn't pull me in first.

Can I join?

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT666

Quote from: SaltyDog on December 11, 2006, 11:04:52 AM
I'll be getting a 5sp Fox notchback sometime in the next year or two.? That is, if an RX-7 doesn't pull me in first.

Can I join?
Application Accepted!  Congratulations!!!!  You could be VP of Fox Bodies if you like.  :lol:  :rockon:

rohan

My buddy has a Cobra- does that get me in?

And count Hounddog in- he has the Cobra.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

SVT666

Quote from: rohan on December 11, 2006, 11:50:45 AM
My buddy has a Cobra- does that get me in?

And count Hounddog in- he has the Cobra.
Applications are accepted!  Congratulations guys!!!

FoMoJo

I used to have a couple of Mustangs...a '66 and a '70 Mach I...can I join?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."