V8 Solistice

Started by Fire It Up, June 04, 2005, 05:25:29 PM

Raza

QuoteDo we even have reviews of the regular Solstice?  Are these on sale?
I believe the regular model is, but this Callaway version isn't.
I was in a Pontiac dealer on Friday, and they said fall-ish.
In that case I guess I am wrong. Comparos between this and the new Miata will be interesting,  but I am still putting my money on the Miata for sure, Mazda simply has more experience with small 2 door roadsters.
Well, the Solstice is heavier, and I think the MR-2 with a little more horsepower would be a better car than the both of them.
I think it would be a better car in sports car terms, but its complete lack of practicality makes it almost impossible to use as a daily driver.
The Solstice and Miata aren't exactly utilitarian either.
Relative to an MR2 they are though.

Actually when I bought my Z3 the nice sized trunk was a big point since it was going to be my only car. I needed to be able to fit luggage for overseas trips at a minimum.

I think this is a big selling point of the Vette as well. As good as it performs, its actually a practical car (other than the fact it only has two seats).
Yeah, it's got 22.4 cubic of trunk space that is totally useable... :rolleyes:

The MR2's got enough room for some groceries, a case of water, or two peoples' two nights of luggage.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.