2008 CTS Preview Picture!

Started by gasoline, December 19, 2006, 01:17:21 PM

gasoline

-----------------------------------

SJ_GTI

Aw, come one. They could have shown a little more than that!!!  :evildude:

TBR

The grill is huge! Maybe the rest of the car will bring it back into porportion. I really like the headlights though (one of the things about the current CTS that I just really don't like).

nickdrinkwater

Looks a little fussy, but obviously can't pass judgement 'til we've seen the whole thing - which it's about time they show, seeing as they've been arsing around showing us little bits for ages now. When's it meant to come out anyway?

gasoline

I just want to kiss my computer screen! :wub:

CaseyNPham

I love big grilles. And I dislike Caddies. However this may not be so bad. Even though they might've gone a little overboard with the grille. I think it could be bigger than the Armada's grille!
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

heelntoe

Quote from: gasoline on December 19, 2006, 01:28:29 PM
I just want to kiss my computer screen! :wub:
err.....don't forget to visit the ARBT. :devil:
@heelntoe

Raza

They couldn't get a bigger grille?  It looks dwarfed compared to the rest of the fascia.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

heelntoe

that lower grille is grinning in a demented way.
@heelntoe

TurboDan

Looks like they gave it a damn monster SUV grille.  I'm not loking it so far, but I'll reserve judgement until I see the whole thing.

gasoline

Are those LEDs in the headlights?

VetteZ06

Yeah, that's what I've heard - LED high beams.

The detail in the headlights is amazing. It looks very, very sophisticated. I think I'm going to love this car. :praise:

gasoline

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 19, 2006, 01:24:48 PM
Looks a little fussy, but obviously can't pass judgement 'til we've seen the whole thing - which it's about time they show, seeing as they've been arsing around showing us little bits for ages now. When's it meant to come out anyway?
In three long weeks--Jan 8th. For sale in the fall.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: VetteZ06 on December 19, 2006, 03:15:18 PM
Yeah, that's what I've heard - LED high beams.

The detail in the headlights is amazing. It looks very, very sophisticated. I think I'm going to love this car. :praise:

I doubt they will be LED headlights. Bi-Xenon headlamps (like my GTI) only have one projector for both high or low. I think that is more likely.

Probably the blinkers will be LED's.

VetteZ06

You might be right. I was just passing on a rumor I heard (read?) elsewhere.

gasoline

Quote from: VetteZ06 on December 19, 2006, 03:30:25 PM
You might be right. I was just passing on a rumor I heard (read?) elsewhere.
Hmmm. Then what could these things be then (on top of the projector)?

heelntoe

i think they are the flashers, because the xenon can't be turned on for very short periods of time.
@heelntoe

Andaluz

Quote from: gasoline on December 19, 2006, 02:24:15 PM

I hate Cadillacs. I can't stand them really. So you can call me baised if that makes your GMfan ego happy, but that's? what I call poor built quality!

Look at those gaps! Nothing fits. Nothing matches; is a mess of creases. It looks ghastly!

mazda6er

Quote from: Andaluz on December 19, 2006, 04:12:47 PM
I hate Cadillacs. I can't stand them really. So you can call me baised if that makes your GMfan ego happy, but that's  what I call poor built quality!

Look at those gaps! Nothing fits. Nothing matches; is a mess of creases. It looks ghastly!
Actually, exterior panel fit is often considered one of GMs strengths.  :huh:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

VetteZ06

Quote from: Andaluz on December 19, 2006, 04:12:47 PM
I hate Cadillacs. I can't stand them really. So you can call me baised if that makes your GMfan ego happy, but that's? what I call poor built quality!

You're biased.

But hey, we're not even in the pre-production stages yet, so I'm not too worried about a few panel gaps on a show car. :ohyeah:

Andaluz

Quote from: VetteZ06 on December 19, 2006, 04:33:47 PM
You're biased.

But hey, we're not even in the pre-production stages yet, so I'm not too worried about a few panel gaps on a show car. :ohyeah:

Just because I don't like Cadillacs, doesn't mean I don't care for them.

But I fail to see what is all the fuss about the Escalade and this new CTS which looks almost like the current (old) one?

gasoline

Quote from: mazda6er on December 19, 2006, 04:14:29 PM
Actually, exterior panel fit is often considered one of GMs strengths.  :huh:
Now, now mazda6er, don't go making sense now! :nono:

Eh, what can I say? Andaluz, Cadillac could bring out a seamless car molded from a single block of steel and you'd still see gaps and flaws...

Vette06
is right. It's pre-preproduction. It won't even be here for another year.

Andaluz

Quote from: gasoline on December 19, 2006, 04:38:17 PM

Eh, what can I say? Andaluz, Cadillac could bring out a seamless car molded from a single block of steel and you'd still see gaps and flaws...

GM fans are weird. You slightly criticize one GM car, and then they already start to attack you.

The day they make a car I like, then I will try to praise it. So far I hate this new CTS.

gasoline

Quote from: Andaluz on December 19, 2006, 04:44:45 PM
GM fans are weird. You slightly criticize one GM car, and then they already start to attack you.

The day they make a car I like, then I will try to praise it. So far I hate this new CTS.
Sorry if you feel terrible. :rastaman:

ifcar

Quote from: Andaluz on December 19, 2006, 04:44:45 PM

All fanboys go nuts over criticisms of their beloved. But you said something that I'll agree doesn't make sense. In the image you quoted, there is only one visible gap, and it's where the hood meets the bumper, and it's perfectly even, and it's a preproduction prototype.

mazda6er

I'm thinking I'd prefer the foglight surround to be body-colored instead of metallic.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Vinsanity

that grille is huge and I love it! :rockon:

I don't think anyone else would have been able to pull off such a bold design :ohyeah:

gasoline

One day, I'll explain to you why I go insane over Art & Science.

It (literally) all began when I was a boy...
;)

Andaluz

Bloody hell. Just drop this whole cheesy thing they call "Art & Science". It's rubbish. Who they are trying to kid anyway?

Why can't Cadillac come up with a car with smooth, well proportioned lines. Something like this...

or this...

Is it really that hard? I mean, Cadillac is owned by the largest Automotive group in the world. It's a damn shame that GM cares way too much about pension, healthcare and pointless luxury pick-up trucks with no proper off-road ability.

VetteZ06

Uh...going by what's happened in the past few years, Cadillac should most certainly not drop their "Art & Science" style.

And you don't need to fly off the handle because we disagreed with your post. Some things are worth getting angry over, but others...not so much.

Edit - Saying that you "flew off the handle" might be a tad extreme. Oh well. :P