Dodge Magnum Facelift!

Started by TheIntrepid, December 19, 2006, 01:29:11 PM

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Madman on December 20, 2006, 09:55:06 AM
No, but you DO get the Chrysler 300 Estate which we in the Colonies don't.  Personally, I like the 300's front MUCH better.  Still, if you really wanted to, you could buy the 300 Estate and order the front clip of the Dodge Magnum from America and, with a bit of DIY, have your very own Magnum Estate.

I tell you what, I'll make you a deal.
You buy the 300 Estate and I'll buy the Magnum.  I'll send you the Magnum's front end bits and you send me the 300's front end bits and we'll both have exactly what we want!

Better yet, I'll just emigrate to the UK so I can buy all those brilliant hot hatches we don't get over here.  That's my long-term plan, anyway.  Know anyone hiring over there?

Madman of the People

:lol:

That would be a deal if I had some money, spare time and mechanical knowledge.  So guess we're out of luck  :huh:

Out of interest, where is the 300C Estate built?  And what is the reason for not selling it to you guys?  I've only ever seen one on the road here!

Eye of the Tiger

Finally! It's about time someone started shrinking the grilles and headlights. They've been continuously getting bigger on every new car for quite some time. It was getting annoying!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

goldenlover1101

i actually really like this facelift. Mid life facelifts tend to screw up a cars face, but this really looks good! I also really like that 300C Wagon, very nice looking! I so want a wagon! Chevy should bring back the nomad so we can have a muscle wagon shootout

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

USA_Idol

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on December 25, 2006, 11:25:00 AM
i actually really like this facelift. Mid life facelifts tend to screw up a cars face, but this really looks good! I also really like that 300C Wagon, very nice looking! I so want a wagon! Chevy should bring back the nomad so we can have a muscle wagon shootout

Good idea, but I'd rather see an Impala SS 427 Wagon, with styling that is a modern take on the classic '67 Impala range...and is returned to rear-wheel-drive.

autom?vel

I actually don't like it quite as much.  Looks more like an early/mid 90's-style Dodge to me.   :huh:
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

93JC

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 24, 2006, 07:05:34 AM
Out of interest, where is the 300C Estate built?

The 300C estate is built at the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria. As far as I know all cars destined for "worldwide" markets (i.e., every other market besides the US and Canadian markets) are built by Magna. That includes all estates, all diesels and all right-hand-drive models.

The rest of them are produced at DaimlerChrysler Canada's plant in Brampton, Ontario.

ifcar

Quote from: 93JC on December 27, 2006, 10:16:18 AM
The 300C estate is built at the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria. As far as I know all cars destined for "worldwide" markets (i.e., every other market besides the US and Canadian markets) are built by Magna. That includes all estates, all diesels and all right-hand-drive models.

The rest of them are produced at DaimlerChrysler Canada's plant in Brampton, Ontario.

You mean all Chryslers, not all cars. ;)

(I assume.)

93JC

I assumed even a monkey could figure out 'cars' referred to 'Chrysler 300s', as established in the context of the first sentence...

ifcar

Quote from: 93JC on December 27, 2006, 10:22:25 AM
I assumed even a monkey could figure out 'cars' referred to 'Chrysler 300s', as established in the context of the first sentence...

I felt like saying something, and there was nothing else to add.

93JC

You're a strange one, Koko...

Anyway, now that I think about it, the plant in Brampton might make LHD 300C Tourings in limited numbers....

Raza

I still think the Charger has the best face of the LX cars, and the Magnum the best profile.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza on December 27, 2006, 07:29:29 PM
I still think the Charger has the best face of the LX cars, and the Magnum the best profile.

I agree ... but the 300 has the best profile. ;)

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: 93JC on December 27, 2006, 10:16:18 AM

Ah, thanks for the info.  I knew the Voyager was built in Austria but wasn't sure about the 300C RHD and the Caliber.

93JC

European-market Grand Cherokees and Commanders are also built in Austria.

The Caliber on the other hand is built in Belvidere, Illinois.

Atomic

Quote from: The Pirate on December 19, 2006, 03:41:33 PM
I like that a lot, but I like the Charger front too.

i'd keep them distict! the new face of the magnum looks hot, while i love the charger's front on that car. imo, the 300c is flawless!

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on December 27, 2006, 07:59:25 PM
I agree ... but the 300 has the best profile. ;)

I think the 300 has the worst, actually.  The C pillar is way too thick.  I think the 300's the worst looking of the LX cars. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Danish

Quote from: 93JC on December 27, 2006, 10:22:25 AM

Quote from: 93JC on December 27, 2006, 10:31:40 AM

You're a strange one, Koko...

:lol:

Quote from: ifcar on December 27, 2006, 10:29:17 AM
I felt like saying something, and there was nothing else to add.

Come to think of it, you do this a lot
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

TheIntrepid

No wonder he has ~17000 posts.

USA_Idol

Quote from: Raza on January 01, 2007, 04:11:39 PM
I think the 300 has the worst, actually.? The C pillar is way too thick.? I think the 300's the worst looking of the LX cars.?

My 2 cents:

CHARGER:  Looks good from the nose back to the B-pillar.  It goes to hell from there.

300:  Looks good from the nose to the C-pillar.  But the ridiculously truncated trunk looks awkward. 

MAGNUM:  The pinched glass area is most pronounced here, but it does have the smoothest roofline (not surprising, given the wagon body style).  But, currently, it's got the most fugly nose of the three.

SVT666

Quote from: USA_Idol on January 05, 2007, 03:16:59 AM
My 2 cents:

CHARGER:? Looks good from the nose back to the B-pillar.? It goes to hell from there.

300:? Looks good from the nose to the C-pillar.? But the ridiculously truncated trunk looks awkward.?

MAGNUM:? The pinched glass area is most pronounced here, but it does have the smoothest roofline (not surprising, given the wagon body style).? But, currently, it's got the most fugly nose of the three.
I rank them in terms of looks this way:
1. Magnum
2. 300 (the short trunk lid has always bothered me)
3. Charger (the front end is fine, it's from the B-Pillar back that I don't like)

TheIntrepid

I think they are all pretty attractive. The Charger's C-Pillar is kind of awkward but I can live with that. The 300's trunklid appears short but the trunk is, in fact pretty roomy. The Magnum could do with a better nose and here it is.

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 05, 2007, 08:55:19 AM
I think they are all pretty attractive. The Charger's C-Pillar is kind of awkward but I can live with that. The 300's trunklid appears short but the trunk is, in fact pretty roomy. The Magnum could do with a better nose and here it is.
But the trunk lid is too short. 

Raza

Quote from: USA_Idol on January 05, 2007, 03:16:59 AM
My 2 cents:

CHARGER:  Looks good from the nose back to the B-pillar.  It goes to hell from there.

300:  Looks good from the nose to the C-pillar.  But the ridiculously truncated trunk looks awkward. 

MAGNUM:  The pinched glass area is most pronounced here, but it does have the smoothest roofline (not surprising, given the wagon body style).  But, currently, it's got the most fugly nose of the three.

That sounds pretty accurate, although I like the Charger's C pillar.  It's got that shoulder from the original Charger. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

USA_Idol

Quote from: Raza on January 05, 2007, 05:31:14 PM
That sounds pretty accurate, although I like the Charger's C pillar.? It's got that shoulder from the original Charger.?

Of the three, the Charger is probably the best-looking overall.  But I can't see myself buying any of them, really.

Atomic

Quote from: Madman on December 20, 2006, 09:55:06 AM
No, but you DO get the Chrysler 300 Estate which we in the Colonies don't.? Personally, I like the 300's front MUCH better.? Still, if you really wanted to, you could buy the 300 Estate and order the front clip of the Dodge Magnum from America and, with a bit of DIY, have your very own Magnum Estate.

I tell you what, I'll make you a deal.
You buy the 300 Estate and I'll buy the Magnum.? I'll send you the Magnum's front end bits and you send me the 300's front end bits and we'll both have exactly what we want!

Better yet, I'll just emigrate to the UK so I can buy all those brilliant hot hatches we don't get over here.? That's my long-term plan, anyway.? Know anyone hiring over there?

Madman of the People

i love your chrysler 300c estate better, but still think the u.s. dodge magnum r/t and srt-8 are pretty hot. due to their unique body style, i think it was a very wise decision to only offer one (dodge vs. chrysler) per market. kudos to chrysler once again  :ohyeah:!

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Atomic on January 09, 2007, 07:16:51 PM
i love your chrysler 300c estate better, but still think the u.s. dodge magnum r/t and srt-8 are pretty hot. due to their unique body style, i think it was a very wise decision to only offer one (dodge vs. chrysler) per market. kudos to chrysler once again  :ohyeah:!

GM could learn a lesson from that, rather than offering a million differently badge versions of every car they bring out.

TheIntrepid

Each differently badged vehicle has its own market niche.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 13, 2007, 07:36:13 PM
Each differently badged vehicle has its own market niche.

So the GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook and Buick Enclave all cater for a different niche?  Must be very small niches!

Just like the Chevrolet Uplander, Saturn Relay, Buick Terraza and Pontiac Montana all cater for completely differen't needs?

Of course, not forgetting the Chevrolet Trailblazer, Buick Rainer, Saab 97X, GMC Envoy, Isuzu Ascender, and the discontinued Oldsmobile version!

mazda6er

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 13, 2007, 07:48:50 PM
So the GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook and Buick Enclave all cater for a different niche?  Must be very small niches!

Just like the Chevrolet Uplander, Saturn Relay, Buick Terraza and Pontiac Montana all cater for completely differen't needs?

Of course, not forgetting the Chevrolet Trailblazer, Buick Rainer, Saab 97X, GMC Envoy, Isuzu Ascender, and the discontinued Oldsmobile version!
Dude, what if he just busted out with 13 different niches and owned your punk ass.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TheIntrepid

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 13, 2007, 07:48:50 PM

Bravada

These are made to cater to brand-loyal buyers. It's not very expensive to rebadge a car and change a few bits of trim... and what do they have to lose if it works perfectly for them by bringing in loyal buyers of Chev, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn?

The majority of the American population has grown up with these brands... and many of them have memories of growing up in a certain brand of car, which they are loyal to.

For example, if my first car was a Buick... and I love them so much that I only buy Buicks... but now I have 3 kids and I need a decent van. The Montana and Uplander are inferior, as they are Pontiac and Chevy.. (They're really not but that's how it appeals)... I'm going to go to my Buick dealer and buy a van. Oh great, they've got a Terraza! There's a sale.

I'm not so good at the explanations... but hopefully you get where I'm coming from ;)