/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

Thanks Greg... glad that the mods are doing their jobs well. :ohyeah:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

1 BAD 7

Yeah thanks for cleaning it up :ohyeah:.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Submariner

Raza, you think you could post a link to the motor trend results?  I'd like to see how the three cars performed against each other.  What really suprises me is how the Least powerful, and heaviest vehicle managed to do so well.  Electronics perhaps?  Maybe the quattro?  Or just perhaps a well sorted out chassis?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

850CSi

Quote from: Submariner on January 05, 2007, 06:53:01 PM

Raza, you think you could post a link to the motor trend results?? I'd like to see how the three cars performed against each other.? What really suprises me is how the Least powerful, and heaviest vehicle managed to do so well.? Electronics perhaps?? Maybe the quattro?? Or just perhaps a well sorted out chassis?

Quattro without a doubt. Watch the Top Gear vid with the S4 and M3. Almost the same scenario - the M3 is much faster in a staight line, more fun & more involving, but it can't beat the S4 around a track.

850CSi

Quote from: red_shift on January 05, 2007, 01:34:00 PM
I might be going out on a limb here, but I have never actually 'dug' an Audi interior. Of all the above listed interiors, I like M5's the best. Having test driven an M5, I can tell you, it's interior looks and feels better than an ordinery 5 series interior.

I think the 5-Series interior is very nice in any color but Grey.

JYODER240

Quote from: 850CSi on January 05, 2007, 08:08:57 PM
I think the 5-Series interior is very nice in any color but Grey.

I've never cared for gray interiors in any car.

1 BAD 7

I like gray interiors and find nothing wrong with them. I would take them over beige. Iam just so sick of beige color. However, I do like that almost white looking leather. I know BMW calls it lemon dont know what everyone else is calling them.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

BENZ BOY15

Quote from: Kayani_1 on January 13, 2007, 10:41:33 AM
I like gray interiors and find nothing wrong with them. I would take them over beige. Iam just so sick of beige color. However, I do like that almost white looking leather. I know BMW calls it lemon dont know what everyone else is calling them.

An E63 is nice, but I would choose a CLS63 over a M5/S6 anyday. The car is so sexy, it's almost too good looking. I love the interior....it's on the small side, but I love it. I love the feel of the alcantara on the headliner, the leather on the dash and my favorite, the way the door clunks shut.

I have to stop dreaming, the car is too much.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 05, 2007, 11:07:29 PM
I've never cared for gray interiors in any car.

Me neither. Mine's all black and I love it. Our 07 Camry's interior is gray and it always feels so "BLAH" (despite it being a Camry ;))

red_shift

Quote from: Kayani_1 on January 13, 2007, 10:41:33 AM

Lemon Dakota is actually yellowish. The almost white is different name.. I think.
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

850CSi

I'm partial to two-tone interiors, personally... My favorite of all time in terms of color combo was how Audi used to combine 'silver' leather (it was really more white than silver color) with basically the rest of it being black. I also love BMW's terra leather, which would be my choice on the 3-Series - basically just a black interior but with brown leather seats.

850CSi

Quote from: red_shift on January 13, 2007, 11:50:27 PM
Lemon Dakota is actually yellowish. The almost white is different name.. I think.

No, the Lemon is a cream-ish color:

We don't get that option here in the States.? :banghead: I think it's gorgeous. I remember Tony (SJ_GTI) was looking at an E46 with the lemon interior a few years back.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 850CSi on January 14, 2007, 12:13:02 PM
No, the Lemon is a cream-ish color:

We don't get that option here in the States.  :banghead: I think it's gorgeous. I remember Tony (SJ_GTI) was looking at an E46 with the lemon interior a few years back.

Yeah that looks pretty damn hot. :ohyeah: I like the reddish leather on the BMWs too.

ro51092

I love the black interior on my Audi, but had I gone with the 3er, I think I would've gone for terra. That's my favorite interior color.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ro51092 on January 14, 2007, 12:27:58 PM
I love the black interior on my Audi, but had I gone with the 3er, I think I would've gone for terra. That's my favorite interior color.

You talk about the 3-er so much I still wonder why you bought the A4 instead...

ro51092

Because it was THAT much cheaper. $369/mo vs. $460 or so/mo

and 3er was like $4000 down, and A4 was $0 down. But the real deal-breaker was the 6 month wait for a 6MT. I decided that the A4 was next in line, and that worked out best for me. Even though I like the 3er more, I love the A4 a LOT.

Danish

If I was in ro's shoes, I would have done the same
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

850CSi

TheIntrepid

The Pirate

I would have gone cheaper than the A4, although it is an awesome car.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

JYODER240

My favorite interior color is Cocoa on the the 997:
EDIT: thats actually a 987 interior...i think

GoCougs

Quote from: VetteZ06 on December 28, 2006, 03:40:10 PM
Motor Trend did the exact same test this month. The only difference (and it's a big one) is that the M5 had the SMG and not the 6-speed manual. The Audi finished first, followed by the M5, and the E63 brought up the rear.

The Bimmer's acceleration numbers were much better in this test compared to C&D's test, no doubt a result of the SMG. :praise:

It was stated that with the 6MT traction control could not be turned off in the M5. That'll hurt big.

Hev

I'd still take a M5, the E63 is only super fast off the line and the S6 is too heavy with poor weight distribution.  I prefer superior dynamics along with great speed and the M5 is the leader in this segment. :praise:
///M BMW & ACURA are the greatest automobile manufacturers of all time!

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

JYODER240

Quote from: Hev on January 14, 2007, 11:34:28 PM
I'd still take a M5, the E63 is only super fast off the line and the S6 is too heavy with poor weight distribution.? I prefer superior dynamics along with great speed and the M5 is the leader in this segment. :praise:

I think R&T said the S6 had the best dynamics of the group.

Hev

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 14, 2007, 11:51:28 PM
I think R&T said the S6 had the best dynamics of the group.

I think R&T would say that the HUMMER has better dynamics than the M5....

JYODER240

Quote from: Hev on January 15, 2007, 12:03:09 AM
I think R&T would say that the HUMMER has better dynamics than the M5....

You're right R&T hates BMW :rolleyes:

Raghavan

The dakota leather that BMW offers is the best imo.
If they had cloth seats in that color i'd love to get it.

Hev