Infiniti G35S
3 (11.5%)
Audi A4 3.2 quattro
5 (19.2%)
Lexus IS350
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

sportyaccordy

If I left it off it was probably not worth mentioning (MB C350, Acura TSX, Lincoln Zephyr, etc.)...

What's your pick???

ifcar

Without having driven either the 07 G35 or the 335i (hopefully that'll change soon), I'm inclined to go with the Infiniti. It's well-priced, and every review I've read suggests it's a substantial improvement over its already-impressive predecessor. The 335i is fantastically expensive but undoubtedly offers a lot for that price. The A4 is less expensive, but in V6 form at that price doesn't really blow me away. The IS350 is a distant last for me, mediocrity powered by a great engine.

JYODER240

It came down to the 335i and G35 for me. The G35 coupe isn't out yet and since the 335i comes as a coupe it's my first choice.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

nickdrinkwater

The 335i is not entry level, so my choice would be the 320i or whatever the cheapest version in the States is.  Of these though, the 335i for sure.

ifcar

Andaluz

850CSi

I'm obviously biased; I'd defenitely go with the 335i.

SaltyDog

Quote from: 850CSi on December 25, 2006, 10:42:46 AM
I'm obviously biased; I'd defenitely go with the 335i.

There's nothing wrong with being biased. 

I picked the Audi.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

pommes-t

The 335i is by far the best entry level sports sedan. So that would be my pick!

sportyaccordy

I don't remember what I picked.

Despite its shortcomings I really like the IS350. It's a pretty beautiful car, and I don't think it would be any faster with a 6-speed manual. I've seen the new G in person and it's ugly IMO. The 335i is just awesome and the A4 looks good, but the weight and losses of AWD don't really outweigh the benefits, especially when it would be so easy to make RWD.

If the prices were all close I would probably go with the 335i sedan though, followed by the IS...

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

saxonyron

Quote from: Andaluz on December 25, 2006, 10:38:49 AM
The Lexus IS350 slalom test on a dry track with traction control off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46efsEoVodY

:rolleyes:

Ha!  It handles like it's on rails, baby!  :rockon:

I think that was actually a drifting video.  (   j/k :lol:  )

The A4 for me, but in 2.0T form - $4,000 less and better handling. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

850CSi

Quote from: saxonyron on December 25, 2006, 05:13:40 PM
Ha!? It handles like it's on rails, baby!? :rockon:

I think that was actually a drifting video.? (? ?j/k :lol:? )

The A4 for me, but in 2.0T form - $4,000 less and better handling.?

The V6 A4 just defeats the purpose. The only place I could really picture the extra power over the 2.0T being useful is a highway at 80+ speeds.

ro51092

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 850CSi on December 25, 2006, 05:36:52 PM
The V6 A4 just defeats the purpose. The only place I could really picture the extra power over the 2.0T being useful is a highway at 80+ speeds.

Not to mention, the added weight of the V6 and fuel consumption compared to the little 2.0 off-boost don't make much sense either. Then again, neither does a car the size of a Jetta weighing as much as a Passat W8 with no forseeable benefits, other than being able to charge more for the bigger engine...

And of course...for a young tweaker like me, the 2.0T is the no-brainer, as the 3.2 has no kind of aftermarket support whatsoever. Perhaps if it were a 3.5L or something it would be worth it...but bleh as it stands, nahhhh

the Teuton

Obviously, if price were no option the BMW would be #1.  I voted for it.  If it became a factor, the G35 or next gen CTS look really good from what I've seen so far.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

rohan

Infinity- and I hat e damn Toyotas.? But the BMW 335 isn't an entry level car so ot would have it changed to th 325 that someone else posted- but that car isn't exciting at all it looks like just any other car out there.? Theres nothing special about it at all- and the new grill looks like a Grand Am froma couple years ago.? I don't know what BMW is doing but it aint working for me- I'm sure they're all better cars than anything I'll ever drive - better quality handling safety or anything else you can write down- it's just boring.  Theres no yawning smilie to put in so just imagine one here.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

SJ_GTI

I'm not sure I'd consider those entry level.

328i vs A4 2.0T vs IS250 vs G35 might be more appropriate.

The 328i is probably the best all around sport sedan IMHO, with the A4 being a close second.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

rohan

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

1 BAD 7

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

1 BAD 7

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

TBR

I'd take an A4, but in 2.0t. The 3-series just doesn't look good to me, and that does matter when you're dropping $40k+.

J86

Money no object, I'll take the bimmer, thanks.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

YO

BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...