Well...

Started by Raza , December 27, 2006, 07:16:38 PM

ifcar

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 28, 2006, 07:14:05 AM

No way a C350 coule be over 50k...could it?

The C350 Sport with every option but the automatic is just above $50k.

cozmik

I don't see them getting a C350, especially knowing this generation is about to be replaced. I'm becoming more convinced of the Porsche theory though.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raza

Quote from: CosmicSaab on December 28, 2006, 08:10:26 AM
I don't see them getting a C350, especially knowing this generation is about to be replaced. I'm becoming more convinced of the Porsche theory though.

I did drive a C class (C280) yesterday, and I love that car.  Great size, good interior, but the 280 needs more pep.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cozmik

So where are the pictures bitch?! C'mon it's tomorrow, let's go!  :pullover:

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

nickdrinkwater

I'm in a different time zone, so looks like it may be the next 'tomorrow' for me  :banghead:  :lol:

I'm not gonna lie tho, I'm already jealous of you even though I don't know what it is yet  :devil:  :P

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza on December 28, 2006, 08:14:08 AM
I did drive a C class (C280) yesterday, and I love that car.? Great size, good interior, but the 280 needs more pep.

Shut up and just post the damn pictures.

mazda6er

Z4s can't be over $50K, so I'm not sure why people keep guessing that. If it's a Cayman, I'll kill you. If it's a Boxster, I'll probably just maim you.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

MX793

Quote from: mazda6er on December 28, 2006, 09:10:39 AM
Z4s can't be over $50K, so I'm not sure why people keep guessing that. If it's a Cayman, I'll kill you. If it's a Boxster, I'll probably just maim you.

A 3.0si can top $50K if you option it out (heated power seats, power top, navigation, premium wheels, sport package, etc...).

And the Z4M starts at over $50K.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Lebowski

Quote from: mazda6er on December 28, 2006, 09:10:39 AM

The M version can be.  But Raza hates BMWs in general so I think the Z4 or Z4 coupe is an unlikely choice, even though, for the money, I think the M Coupe is a better deal than the Cayman.

Does anyone know how possible it is to get $8k off on a Boxster?  I'm guessing it's impossible on a Cayman given how new it is and it sounds highly unlikely for a Boxster.  Makes me think (and hope) it's a C6  :ohyeah:

mazda6er

Quote from: MX793 on December 28, 2006, 09:18:47 AM
A 3.0si can top $50K if you option it out (heated power seats, power top, navigation, premium wheels, sport package, etc...).

And the Z4M starts at over $50K.
I got just under $50k with everything on it. And I forgot about the M version, my apologies.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

mazda6er

Quote from: Lebowski on December 28, 2006, 09:21:44 AM
The M version can be.  But Raza hates BMWs in general so I think the Z4 or Z4 coupe is an unlikely choice, even though, for the money, I think the M Coupe is a better deal than the Cayman.

Does anyone know how possible it is to get $8k off on a Boxster?  I'm guessing it's impossible on a Cayman given how new it is and it sounds highly unlikely for a Boxster.  Makes me think (and hope) it's a C6  :ohyeah:
Yeah I forgot about the M.  :banghead: As far as the Corvette goes, you have to remember that his dad hates GM. I think anything he buys would have to be more perceivably "upmarket" than that.
--Mark

MX793

Quote from: mazda6er on December 28, 2006, 09:44:08 AM
I got just under $50k with everything on it. And I forgot about the M version, my apologies.

I just priced a 3.0si out at $53K or so and that was without the tiptronic/sportronic automatic gearbox.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

VetteZ06

Quote from: Lebowski on December 28, 2006, 09:21:44 AMMakes me think (and hope) it's a C6? :ohyeah:

Well, he did say that it had a "sweet little gearchange," which makes me think it's not a Corvette. I've heard many things about the C6's gearbox, but nobody has ever called it sweet.

Of course, my respect for Raza would rise considerably if he really did get a Corvette. ;)

Lebowski

Quote from: VetteZ06 on December 28, 2006, 10:14:40 AM
Well, he did say that it had a "sweet little gearchange," which makes me think it's not a Corvette. I've heard many things about the C6's gearbox, but nobody has ever called it sweet.

Of course, my respect for Raza would rise considerably if he really did get a Corvette. ;)

Lol, I forgot that he said that.  There's nothing wrong with a gearchange modelled after a victorian signalbox.

If he passes it up on merits, fine.  If he passes it up because his dad wants something more "upmarket", especially if it's to go for the "poor man's porsche" boxster, I'll lose all respect.

ifcar

Remember that he isn't paying for the car (as far as I know), so the check-signer's tastes are important here.

Lebowski

Quote from: ifcar on December 28, 2006, 10:41:11 AM
Remember that he isn't paying for the car (as far as I know), so the check-signer's tastes are important here.

I know.  I wasn't criticizing his dad's input, I'm criticizing anyone who doesn't make decision based on the merits of a car but on whether a brand name is percieved "upmarket".  That's stupid, and the only people who do that are those who are out to keep up with the joneses (read: not real car people).

ifcar

Right, but if that's what his father decides based on, it's not his fault.

nickdrinkwater

I somehow don't think it was a Corvette, or it wouldn't have been put up here.

I'm thinking Raza might have broken his BMW ban with a Z4/Z4M Coupe.  Otherwise, then a Porsche Cayman.

Lebowski

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 28, 2006, 11:05:08 AM
I somehow don't think it was a Corvette, or it wouldn't have been put up here.

I'm thinking Raza might have broken his BMW ban with a Z4/Z4M Coupe.? Otherwise, then a Porsche Cayman.

A Z4 M/Coupe would make sense (aside from Raza's hatred of them), but it would almost have to be an M for a sticker > $50k, and can you get an '07 M for an $8k discount right now?

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Lebowski on December 28, 2006, 11:11:40 AM
A Z4 M/Coupe would make sense (aside from Raza's hatred of them), but it would almost have to be an M for a sticker > $50k, and can you get an '07 M for an $8k discount right now?

Good point about the discount.

In fact, what cars have been out for a few years?  I don't know my US prices, what about an Audi S4?  Does that come in manual?

cawimmer430

Post the pics already!  :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Lebowski

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 28, 2006, 12:00:58 PM
Good point about the discount.

In fact, what cars have been out for a few years?? I don't know my US prices, what about an Audi S4?? Does that come in manual?

The C6 is one of the only >$50k cars I can think of that he could possibly be looking at that you can get for ~$8k below sticker.? If it weren't for that sweet shifting comment ...

The S4 is >$50k here and does come in a manual, but again I'm not sure if you can get it for that big a discount.  The import luxury brands, as far as I can tell, tend to set sticker prices fairly close to true market value so discounts aren't as common for those brands.  GM and F intentionally set sticker prices way above where the cars will actually sell so they can lure people in with a big "discount" and simultaneously profit from the few suckers who will pay sticker.

ifcar

Maybe it was a leftover 06 of something.

Lebowski

Quote from: ifcar on December 28, 2006, 12:12:54 PM
Maybe it was a leftover 06 of something.

No, he said it was an '07.

I wish the little bastard would just post the damn pictures  :lockedup:

nickdrinkwater

OK.  I'm going with S4 then.  No offence but I'd be surprised if Raza bought an American car except the GTO (which is too cheap, right?)

MrH

I don't think it's a Boxster, or Z4, or anything like that.

My guess is a 545i with 6-speed, or possibly an S4.  I don't think it's going to be a two seater.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Lebowski

Quote from: MrH on December 28, 2006, 01:20:24 PM
I don't think it's a Boxster, or Z4, or anything like that.

My guess is a 545i with 6-speed, or possibly an S4.? I don't think it's going to be a two seater.

Why would anyone get a 545i as a second car?

MrH

It's more sporting than what he's currently driving I think, and it's going to be Raza's car after a year, so I kind of doubt it's a two seater.  As much as Raza is convinced he could live on a daily basis with an Elise (and hell, maybe he can), I kind of doubt his Dad feels the same way.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

mazda6er

Quote from: Lebowski on December 28, 2006, 01:30:27 PM
Why would anyone get a 545i as a second car?
Yeah, really. It's kinda like, I don't know, something crazy, like replacing a Roush F-150 with a Corvette...that would be ridiculous. :tounge:
--Mark

Raza

My dad doesn't think that a car should be more "upscale" than a GM, he just doesn't trust GM.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.