GTCC #50

Started by 93JC, June 06, 2005, 11:46:31 AM

93JC

QuoteIs it at least a domestic?
Not gonna answer that. It was sold in the States, and was, for a portion of its lifetime, built in the '70s. Those narrow it down a lot.

93JC

It's not a Jensen, it IS a regular production model, and it's not a Lamborghini Miura.

Raza

Plymouth Superbird.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lorinser

BMWDave

QuotePlymouth Superbird.
I dont think so, from the pictures I've seen the interior is very different.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Run Away

QuoteBricklin?
That was the only thing that came to mind for me too, but I googled it and it's not that.
I have no idea what it is.

TBR

Time for some hints

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

oilfilter

yeah, give a hint. :lol:  

93JC

It's not a Plymouth Superbird, it's not a Bricklin SV-1, and it's not a TVR.

Hint, eh? I don't think you guys deserve a hint, but: it's a mainstream car sold within the last 30 years.

mazda6er

QuoteIt's not a Plymouth Superbird, it's not a Bricklin SV-1, and it's not a TVR.

Hint, eh? I don't think you guys deserve a hint, but: it's a mainstream car sold within the last 30 years.
like I said, its an '80s GM...maybe  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

oilfilter

Pontiac Grand Prix?

93JC

Nope, not a Pontiac Grand Prix.

93JC

Quotelike I said, its an '80s GM...maybe
I also said it was made in the '70s.  :lol:

(calendar year in the '70s, now that I think about it. They might not have been sold in a '70s model year)

TBR

93JC

Nope, not a Buick Riviera.

TBR

QuoteNope, not a Buick Riviera.
I wouldn't think so, that was a complete guess.

Is it that Plymouth sedan that was apparantly sold only in purple? (I have never seen one in another color)

93JC

Plymouth sedan in purple...?  

93JC

C'mon boys, is this the best you can do? We've already gotten 49 of them right, but you can't get this 50th one?!

Think damnit, think!

Made in the calendar year '70s for part of its lifetime (so probably early '80s... ;) ), domestic make, sold (only) in North America, not any of the guesses you've made as of yet....

oilfilter

Ok wild guess here: Stutz Bearcat/Blackhawk?

Edit:
Mods: I clicked on the 'Report' button for the post above mine by mistake and 'posted' the first time. So please ignore any message you have received from me.

93JC

Report?!?!?

:angry:

:lol:

It's not a Stutz. (It's a mainstream car)

crv16

This sure is a tough one.  It looks corvette-ish.

Is the manufacturer still in business, and is the model still in production?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

Secret Chimp

The first Mustang Cobra?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TBR

QuotePlymouth sedan in purple...?
Well if I knew the name of it I would say it, but I don't and there really aren't any resources on old pile of crap cars to figure it out from.  

TBR

QuoteThe first Mustang Cobra?
Doubt it, from the sound of it was introduced in the late '70s.  

ifcar

QuoteOk wild guess here: Stutz Bearcat/Blackhawk?

Edit:
Mods: I clicked on the 'Report' button for the post above mine by mistake and 'posted' the first time. So please ignore any message you have received from me.
Not a problem. That was the first post that I've recieved a report from, so it was interesting to see how that worked.

Laconian

That climate control system is so late 70s/early 80s GM.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

93JC

The manufacturer is still in business.

The model is no longer in production.

It is not a Mustang Cobra, or any other Mustang for that matter.

As for the purple Plymouth sedan, the only Plymouth I can think of that was even offered with purple paint in the last 30 years was Prowler. Perhaps you're thinking of Plymouth Horizon (a hatchback), which was offered in a dark red/maroon, or Plymouth Reliant, which was offered in the same colour.

Horizon:

Reliant:

Rupert

Pontiac Le Mans?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

93JC

Not a Pontiac LeMans.