GTCC #50

Started by 93JC, June 06, 2005, 11:46:31 AM

TBR

QuoteThe manufacturer is still in business.

The model is no longer in production.

It is not a Mustang Cobra, or any other Mustang for that matter.

As for the purple Plymouth sedan, the only Plymouth I can think of that was even offered with purple paint in the last 30 years was Prowler. Perhaps you're thinking of Plymouth Horizon (a hatchback), which was offered in a dark red/maroon, or Plymouth Reliant, which was offered in the same colour.

Horizon:

Reliant:

No, it is a very dark purple. I believe it has a V8 and is a mid or large in size.  

Raza

Nissan Stanza (wild guess)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

QuoteNo, it is a very dark purple. I believe it has a V8 and is a mid or large in size.
The only Plymouth made since the late '70s with a V8 was the Gran Fury:

93JC

QuoteNissan Stanza (wild guess)
Wild guess, eh? It's a wrong guess too.

TBR

QuoteNo, it is a very dark purple. I believe it has a V8 and is a mid or large in size.
The only Plymouth made since the late '70s with a V8 was the Gran Fury:

That is it. Every one I have seen has been in that color.

93JC

Purple Gran Fury, eh? I don't think I've ever seen one in purple... <_<

In any case, it's not a Plymouth Gran Fury, or any other Plymouth.

TBR

QuotePurple Gran Fury, eh? I don't think I've ever seen one in purple... <_<

In any case, it's not a Plymouth Gran Fury, or any other Plymouth.
Oh really? Maybe it is a Texas thing.  

93JC

Well, to be fair I've seen maybe three Diplomat/Caravelle/Gran Furies in the last half-decade...

I did see four Chrysler Fifth Avenues within minutes of each other Tuesday though.

TBR

QuoteWell, to be fair I've seen maybe three Diplomat/Caravelle/Gran Furies in the last half-decade...

I did see four Chrysler Fifth Avenues within minutes of each other Tuesday though.
They probably last longer down here since we don't have snow or the salt that comes with it.  

Rupert

I could swear I've checked every single mainstream American car made in 1980 and 1979...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

93JC

Keep looking, dude. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys haven't gotten it. It's very mainstream. It was very well known.

Secret Chimp

QuoteKeep looking, dude. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys haven't gotten it. It's very mainstream. It was very well known.
I can't think of a previously well-known, super-mainstream car that would have had a manual transmission and four vents underneath four gauges as the center console. It just seems so un-80s (even early 80s).

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

93JC

If anything I thought that would make it easier.

Secret Chimp

Wait, is that aluminum around the vents/gauges, or is it white, or masked out for some reason?

93JC

It's metal. Or fake metal. Either way that's how it looked from the factory.

Rupert

It's not a Trans Am, is it?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Secret Chimp

QuoteIt's not a Trans Am, is it?
I've scoured Google Images, and if that's actually the answer... well hell.

oilfilter

None of the pics of trans ams from that era that i've seen have a console like the one 93JC posted.

I still think its some kind of a Pontiac.

Anyway, more hints! More! More!

Or I'll have to report you once again! :angry:  
:lol:  :lol:

Is it a Chevy Monza? (Unlikely)

TBR

Chevrolet Chevette.

mazda6er

QuoteNone of the pics of trans ams from that era that i've seen have a console like the one 93JC posted.

I still think its some kind of a Pontiac.

Anyway, more hints! More! More!

Or I'll have to report you once again! :angry:  
:lol:  :lol:

Is it a Chevy Monza? (Unlikely)
I was thinking Monza too, but it was produced before the late 70's/early 80's.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

mazda6er

QuoteChevrolet Chevette.
Remember, guys, 93JC basically said the car was a new model in either '79 or '80.  ;)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

oilfilter

Edit: You are right mazda6er.
It was
-not sold in the 1970s model year.
-manufactured in 1979 calendar year.
-sold in the 1980 model year onwards.
(BAH! my brain is on strike today! rokon.gif )

Secret Chimp

Not an F-150? (One iteration was introduced in 1980)

TBR

QuoteChevrolet Chevette.
Remember, guys, 93JC basically said the car was a new model in either '79 or '80.  ;)
I thought the Chevette was from that era. Fine then, Chevrolet Vega.

GMPenguin

I wouldn't think a Vega would have those gauges, but you never know.

And I guessed Trans Am, it's wrong.

And I'll guess Mazda 626 (or Capella, same thing), I'm not sure about it's availability in NA though, so whatever.

TBR

QuoteI wouldn't think a Vega would have those gauges, but you never know.

And I guessed Trans Am, it's wrong.

And I'll guess Mazda 626 (or Capella, same thing), I'm not sure about it's availability in NA though, so whatever.
I certainly don't know, I am pretty much just throwing out random guess(s) pre-1990 cars aren't my speciality.  

93JC

It's not a Pontiac Trans Am (as said before), Chevrolet Monza, Chevrolet Chevette, Ford F-150, Chevrolet Vega or Mazda 626/Capella.

FlatBlackCaddy

You dig up some of the hardest crap 93 jeep.  

93JC

Here's the full photo as I found it (with a few badges edited out):

FlatBlackCaddy

Well its certainly a 80's car, for some reason all red interiors were cool.

Still though i couldn't even begin to guess, as always i'm interested for someone to get it.