GTCC #50

Started by 93JC, June 06, 2005, 11:46:31 AM

TBR

Is it a Scout?

Edit- nm, it has a floor shift auto so that can't be it.  

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Rupert

I was thinking Pontiac too... Now I'm not sure...

Is it AMC?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

oilfilter

The dashboard looks like its from a SUV or a truck. It looks pretty outdated to be even from the 80s. :P

A jeep model?

TBR

QuoteThe dashboard looks like its from a SUV or a truck. It looks pretty outdated to be even from the 80s. :P

A jeep model?
The only problem is that it has a floor mounted automatic shift lever, very unusual for a suv. Plus, a lot of older cars have high cowls like that.  

oilfilter

Whats with so many gauges? It has to be a high performance vehicle if it has 5 gauges + a clock. Or an SUV??? I agree though that floor mounted auto is unusual for an SUV. I am at my wit's end.

TBR

QuoteWhats with so many gauges? It has to be a high performance vehicle if it has 5 gauges + a clock. Or an SUV??? I agree though that floor mounted auto is unusual for an SUV. I am at my wit's end.
What high performance models did GM introduce for the 1980 model year?  

oilfilter

Take a look at the styling cues from the interior, and see what you can come up with. Some general thematic elements may have been carried over to later, more familiar cars in the same line/manufacturer.

-round air vents
-is that a headlight selector on the extreme left.
-tach and speedo position and design.
-three spoke wheel

Did any later 80s model have so many gauges placed neatly in a row?

Rupert

Pontiac Phoenix!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

oilfilter

QuoteWhats with so many gauges? It has to be a high performance vehicle if it has 5 gauges + a clock. Or an SUV??? I agree though that floor mounted auto is unusual for an SUV. I am at my wit's end.
What high performance models did GM introduce for the 1980 model year?
Does it have to be an all-new model? It could also be just a new iteration of an existing model from '80 onwards right? Well, in any case, that model aint around now, although the company is.

So many clues, yet no answers...*sigh*

Mainstream NA manufacturers from the early 80s who are still active:

AMC (??)
Chevy
Caddy
Chrysler
Dodge
Pontiac
Buick
GMC
Jeep
Mercury
Lincoln
Ford.

<_<  

oilfilter

QuotePontiac Phoenix!
The only pic of the Phoenix on ebay is that of a 1979 model. Nothing like what 93JC posted. It has a colum shifter too.

Did they change the interior in the next iteration?

TBR

QuotePontiac Phoenix!
That must be it, or it is a clone version of the Phoenix:

TBR

If that isn't it, it is the Chevrolet Citation  

TBR

Another Phoenix pic:

oilfilter

Indeed, it is a Phoenix!! Must have changed for the 80 model year!

GOOD JOB Psilos! :rockon:  :lol:  B)

TBR

QuoteIndeed, it is a Phoenix!! Must have changed for the 80 model year!

GOOD JOB Psilos! :rockon:  :lol:  B)
It completely changed for '80. You wouldn't even think they share the same name, here is the exterior of a 1980:

Also, although the Citation X-11 is essentially the same car they have completely different interiors, so the Phoenix must be right. Now I have a new resource: cardomain. They have way more pictures of older, piece of crap cars than I thought they would.  

Rupert

Oh yeah, I rock! New GTCC coming up...

oilfilter

QuoteNow I have a new resource: cardomain. They have way more pictures of older, piece of crap cars than I thought they would.
Yeah, I just browsed through cardomain, after you linked to it. Seems to be a good resource for older deathtraps.