Worst Accidents

Started by TheIntrepid, January 02, 2007, 08:45:45 AM

TheIntrepid

Quote from: M_power on January 04, 2007, 03:55:39 PM
I'm about a month away from my 17th. Maybe I'll roll my parents' explorer as well :devil:

That poor Explorer has been through so much :banghead:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT_Power

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 04, 2007, 04:06:48 PM
That poor Explorer has been through so much :banghead:

:rolleyes: Only that idiot running into me. Other than that, it's been pretty well taken care of :huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

Really? Would you say it has been driven hard or is that a given because of the burnouts in the school field? :evildude:

SVT_Power

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 04, 2007, 06:28:18 PM
Really? Would you say it has been driven hard or is that a given because of the burnouts in the school field? :evildude:

It hasn't really been driven hard. Honestly it's an Explorer. ;)

Now about the field...shh. :lockedup:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

So what's the hotline for the OPP? :devil: oh and do tell me ur plate number ;)

L. ed foote

Member, Self Preservation Society

TheIntrepid

Care to provide stories?

L. ed foote

Member, Self Preservation Society

TheIntrepid

AutobahnSHO

Mazda6er is a Lumberjack, I'm a, um, metalsmith??

In Germany my SHO had been undriven due to a bad clutch for many moons. (It had broken, we went to vacation in the US, then I went to Army school for a month, then saved money for a clutch kit.)
A friend loaned me a 1987 3-series for a few weeks, and the day I went to pick up the last nuts&bolts I needed for the job it was raining.

I was driving too fast in the rain in an unfamiliar car (almost all mine have been fwd,) and slid around a corner, over-corrected, and had a head-on altercation with a lightpole.  I remember panicking when I couldn't see (glasses had fallen to the floor between my legs,) and the hazard lights weren't working, it was a fairly busy road.  So I grabbed my glasses, jumped out, rushed to the trunk to get the warning triangle, it was locked.  Rushed back to get the keys, unlocked, ran down the road with the triangle.  As I walk back to the car the front is trashed, there are fluids everywhere...

The friend ended up getting a couple hundred more than they paid for the car (510,000 kms on a 14yr old car was "low mileage" to the insurance people,) and bought a newer used 5-series. (They later let me borrow it a few days because they needed to borrow my minivan...)  I am still paying high rates..  :banghead:
Will

the Teuton

Worst I have ever caused:  I actually backed into a parked car in a parking lot at an ice cream parlor at less than 5 mph.  I went there to visit one of the hottest girls I've ever met over summer last year.  She's 3 years younger than me  :frown:, but it was a worthwhile thing to try and visit.  Absolute hottie.  When I was backing out, I looked into my side mirrors but forgot about the rearview mirror and my back bumper met a 1995 Accord that was already pretty dinged up.  Any chance I had with this girl was blown, because I had to wait for the owner to come out and see if I created any new damage.  I made a scene, unfortunately, and I still regret it.  :banghead:

As for ones I was in that I didn't create, over winter break, I was driving my mom's Venture to Wal-Mart and I came to a very cautious stop because it was raining and I hadn't driven that thing for a while.  Anyway, this bitch on her cell phone rear ended me.  She scratched the paint, but she also was very unapologetic, and I was having a bad night.  I was going to go off on her, seeing her car looked like it was in a demolition derby with all of her prior mishaps, but some guy came over and almost forced me to calm down.  I don't believe in hitting anyone, much less women, but I wanted to beat the shit out of her.

So none of my "accidents" really ever amounted to anything.  As for ones I've been in where I wasn't behind the wheel, that's a different story.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Split my Enzo while racing a Carrera GT.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

heelntoe

a year back, come a-hole swerved right and took a left turn when i was passing him on the left. he didn't have his indicators on either.
@heelntoe

TBR

If Mark is a lumberjack and autobahn a metalworker than I must be some sort of concrete worker.

http://www.carspin.net/forums/general-talk/oops.30.html

sportyaccordy

My only two accidents were the same thing, with the same person in the car.

I was on a left hand turn in the rain and the back swung around. The first accident totaled my Maxima a month after I got it, the second one took the front bumper off my Accord. The moral of my story is, don't waste any time to get good tires!!! My Maxima's front right tire was on the way out... when it went, I happened to be out in the rain!!! And the rear tires on my Accord were almost bald. :(

saxonyron

After 25 years of driving, I've had only 2 accidents.  One minor one when a clapped out Toyota pulled out of a parallel parking space and made an illegal U-turn across 3 lanes of traffic right in front of me without even pretending to look over his shoulder.  I had a 10" granite curb on the island to my left, and no chance to miss the dumbass.  Locked up the brakes and shredded his car from the front driver's door to the front bumper.  My beloved 86 Audi GT Coupe got only minor damage to the passenger side - fender, bumper, headlight.  Without a witness who backed me up, my useless insurance company would have called it a 50-50 accident because I didn't have a police report.  The other guy claimed he was waiting to make a left turn and I hit him from behind. The fact that there was no legal left turn, plus a 10"  island that I would have needed to be driving on, plus I hit him in the front of the side of his car didn't impress my insurance company.  :banghead:

Other accident was when I was....uhhhhhh......attacked by a bee.  I took my 97 Expedition at around 40 mph right thru a 9" diameter telephone pole as I bravely decided to swat the bee off the windshield on the passenger side.  :confused:  I lunged to the right and basically took the steering wheel with me.  It was beyond a doubt the stupidest thing I've ever done.  Thank God it was on a quiet country road and I didn't kill anybody. After the crash, I noticed I couldn't see out of the windshield since the hood was "A-framed" in half, and when I looked in the sideview mirror, I could see the top 2/3 of the telephone pole literally bouncing from the wires swinging across the road, like a giant marionette. $10,000 to fix the Ford, $2,000 or so for the utility company.  As for the impact, it felt like I hit a giant speed bump.  I had my seatbelt on and felt a definite surge, my briefcase went flying (along with everything else in the car - keep loose stuff secure!  There's a good chance it will smack you in the back of the head in an accident!), but that was about it.  All in all a very lucky unlucky event.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

TheIntrepid

Are you also terrified of bees? :mask: :P

280Z Turbo

I backed the Ranger into a tree in our driveway while I was in a hurry. We have a lot of trees (woods really) on our property, so it was bound to happen. I'm just glad it wasn't the Z or Focus.

The thick steel bumper was bent in and the whole side of the box had a barely noticeable kink in it about 1/3 of the way towards the front. Honestly, the truck was so ugly and damaged as it was, that it didn't really affect the appearance.

No big deal. Insurance was not involved. Never bothered me. I don't even really consider it an "accident".

TheIntrepid

280Z Turbo

No, this happened months ago. I don't even own that truck anymore.

TheIntrepid

saxonyron

Quote from: TheIntrepid on February 26, 2007, 09:06:39 AM
Are you also terrified of bees? :mask: :P

:lol:  Bees used to absolutely freak me out.  It was totally irrational (as you can see :confused: ).  It was cured by the act of wrecking my car.  Ever since then - seriously - I was cured of my beephobia.  I guess I realized that rational thought should prevail on some level!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

MrEddy

Quote from: saxonyron on February 26, 2007, 01:59:37 PM
:lol:  Bees used to absolutely freak me out.  It was totally irrational (as you can see :confused: ).  It was cured by the act of wrecking my car.  Ever since then - seriously - I was cured of my beephobia.  I guess I realized that rational thought should prevail on some level!

Had an interesting bee experience on a motorcycle. Picked up my brand new Ducati Supersport on a beautiful sunny day. Of course I headed straight for the hills and some twisty roads. I was having a fantastic time until a bee hit me in the neck and somehow went down from there under my leather jacket. The bloody thing wasn't real happy with this turn of events and proceeded to let me know about it. Ouch! Try completing a pretty serious turn at speed while being stung by a bee under your shirt. I had no idea what was going on of course but it was pretty much the quickest I've ever stopped a bike and taken my jacket off.  :lol:

TheIntrepid

Fucking ouch. I hate bees with a passion. :(

saxonyron

Quote from: MrEddy on February 26, 2007, 02:08:50 PM
Had an interesting bee experience on a motorcycle. Picked up my brand new Ducati Supersport on a beautiful sunny day. Of course I headed straight for the hills and some twisty roads. I was having a fantastic time until a bee hit me in the neck and somehow went down from there under my leather jacket. The bloody thing wasn't real happy with this turn of events and proceeded to let me know about it. Ouch! Try completing a pretty serious turn at speed while being stung by a bee under your shirt. I had no idea what was going on of course but it was pretty much the quickest I've ever stopped a bike and taken my jacket off. :lol:

Damn!  That would have been bad considering my state of mind at the time.  I'd have likely put the bike down and tried to squash the bee by rolling on the pavement at 60 mph!  :lol:  Nice job keeping a level head!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

MrEddy

Quote from: saxonyron on February 26, 2007, 03:28:22 PM
Damn!  That would have been bad considering my state of mind at the time.  I'd have likely put the bike down and tried to squash the bee by rolling on the pavement at 60 mph!  :lol:  Nice job keeping a level head!

I didn't know what was in there at the time. I was madly thumping at my chest with one hand while braking. Trust me, the reason I didn't drop the bike had more to do with luck than anything else.

Raza

Quote from: saxonyron on February 26, 2007, 01:59:37 PM

I had a spider on my radio once.  I freaked out.  If I'd had a gun, I'd have emptied the clip killing that thing.  Didn't crash, but I did speed up 10mph and then drop speed by 30 until I killed the little bastard and flung him out of my window.  Lucky I keep tissues in the car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Quote from: L. ed foote on January 04, 2007, 09:06:11 PM
First Accident

Second Accident

How the sweet, light, floating, feathery Jesus did that car hit yours from the curb?!?

S204STi

I was hit by a mongo in the parking lot of Discount tire, leaving a dent in my passenger door, but the cowardly tard ran away.  The next day I was pissed off on a run for Dominos and scraped the side of my car on a covered parking space pole, which didn't help my mood any.  And I backed a customer's Quest minivan into a light post.  Didn't see it because the backdrop was a forest, and it blended right in with the trees until the last second when I said "Oh Shit!" and felt it hit.  No big deal, had to repaint the bumper that's all.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on February 27, 2007, 12:09:27 PM
I had a spider on my radio once.  I freaked out.  If I'd had a gun, I'd have emptied the clip killing that thing.  Didn't crash, but I did speed up 10mph and then drop speed by 30 until I killed the little bastard and flung him out of my window.  Lucky I keep tissues in the car.

:lol: