GT500 in the 11s with minor mods!!!!!!

Started by SVT666, January 02, 2007, 10:38:48 AM

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 20, 2007, 09:06:38 AM
Sounds awesome.? The problem with the KR is that they are only building 1000 of them, so none of them will ever be driven.? I hate when they limit production to make a car a collectible.? I will never be able to afford one in my lifetime.

HEMI666:  Limiting production raises the both the cost and the price, but it lessens the risk.   Who knows what high test will cost three weeks from now, much less what it will cost when the GT500KR goes on sale as a 2008 model?

There is a point--no one really knows what it is--at which the cost of the fuel exceeds the value of owning the vehicle to a whole lot of folks.  Naturally, that point is higher for the wealthy.  Mustangs--even GT500s, GT500KRs, Saleen Parnelli Jones Editions, yada yada yada--are performance cars for the Not-Wealthy.  That would be us.  The escalating cost of fuel affects us first--and the kinds of vehicles we can afford to own. 
The Nethead here would advise any manufacturer that the ideal number of any vehicle that should be produced is one vehicle less than the maximum number that can be produced before you have to rely on rental sales or massive rebates to move 'em off the dealership lots.

That's where you hope to be--where supply just barely meets customer demand for your vehicles.  Detroit's problems today are best exemplified by a level of manufacturing capacity that's structured to meet a level of demand that's no longer there.  Hence, big-time plant closings and lay-offs...

This is the macro-scale situation, but it is also the micro-scale situation--such as Shelby vehicles.  In fact, it is especially the micro-scale situation since companies like Shelby, Saleen, Hennessey, yada yada yada would be hurt more by overproduction than would be the major manufacturers.  No one gets a Shelby if Shelby's employees all get laid off and the door gets padlocked.  Look at all the low-volume high-performance vehicle manufacturers that aren't manufacturing anything anymore...Hell, for that matter look at Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Studebaker--and we can each name a half-dozen other well-known brands that ain't exactly the prosperity poster children of 2007.

It's better that you and I can never afford Shelbys than it is for there not to be Shelbys at all...
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on April 20, 2007, 11:04:50 AM
It's better that you and I can never afford Shelbys than it is for there not to be Shelbys at all...
Nope.  If I can't have one, then no one should. :P

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 20, 2007, 12:29:18 PM
Nope.? If I can't have one, then no one should. :P

HEMI666:  Hmmmmmmm...Have you ever asked Ol' Shel' if he's ever considered adopting a son?
So many stairs...so little time...

FordSVT

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 20, 2007, 09:06:38 AM
Sounds awesome.? The problem with the KR is that they are only building 1000 of them, so none of them will ever be driven.? I hate when they limit production to make a car a collectible.? I will never be able to afford one in my lifetime.

Well, build your own then, the parts are out there.

If you're simply in love with the vehicle's performance and look, you can basically buld the same thing in your garage for less $$$. If you're in love with the idea of the name on the tail, it's because they're only building 1000 of them, and since that's what you're complaining about....  :lol:
-FordSVT-

SVT666

Quote from: FordSVT on April 22, 2007, 05:29:35 AM
Well, build your own then, the parts are out there.

If you're simply in love with the vehicle's performance and look, you can basically buld the same thing in your garage for less $$$. If you're in love with the idea of the name on the tail, it's because they're only building 1000 of them, and since that's what you're complaining about....? :lol:
-FordSVT-
I wish I could afford that too. :lol: