The Saab 9-5 is now an outdated ugly car.

Started by Andaluz, January 03, 2007, 02:35:50 PM

TBR

Quote from: Andaluz on January 04, 2007, 01:12:54 PM
Sorry guys. But I still can't get used to the new styling.

How on earth GM could disfigure such an understated handsome looking car?

I wonder why GM took nine years to finally give the Saab 9-5 a facelift?

I heard Saab is not doing well and GM was seriously considering to shut Saab down. Is this new 9-5 facelift a part of GM plan to get rid of one of their many financial woes?

The 9-5 got a very mild facelift in 2003 as well, the main changes were in the mechanicals.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Michael Estorol on January 05, 2007, 04:31:03 PM
He's got an M3 convertible now with a 'personalised' number plate, so I'm no longer speaking to him.

Why do you have something against personalized plates? I want mine to say GODFATHR :ohyeah:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Champ

Quote from: Raza on January 05, 2007, 04:46:31 PM
They were pretty floppy stock, and I drove a 3 door.  I can't imagine how bad the convertible was.  The one I drov had plenty of work done to it, and was not nearly as bad as the horror stories I'd heard.  Torque steer was even under control.  The Viggen's a modern classic, in my mind.
Thanks Raza it is a truely incredible car.  Totally underrated!

I always say it's one of the better "off the gas" handlers I have ever driven, and it really doesn't push through corners very much at all.

In a few years I will most likely look at a 9-5, they have incredible seats and are awesome highway cruisers (incredible power and 30+mpg).  And there isn't a whole lot more fun screaming by people in a wagon! (I think the wagon's look awesome)

Raza

Quote from: Champ on January 07, 2007, 12:40:43 AM
Thanks Raza it is a truely incredible car.  Totally underrated!

I always say it's one of the better "off the gas" handlers I have ever driven, and it really doesn't push through corners very much at all.

In a few years I will most likely look at a 9-5, they have incredible seats and are awesome highway cruisers (incredible power and 30+mpg).  And there isn't a whole lot more fun screaming by people in a wagon! (I think the wagon's look awesome)

Yeah, it really is a wonderful car, and I'll be looking into buying one (or a B5 Passat or B5 S4) in 2008, most likely. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.