Are these the new Chrysler minivans?**Updated again with real-life pics**

Started by gasoline, January 03, 2007, 09:19:30 AM

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ifcar on January 21, 2007, 03:45:44 PM
The next closest thing is the Kia Rondo, which is the identical thing minus sliding doors and a stickshift.

How much bigger is a short Caravan or Uplander?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

I'm too cheap to buy a new one though.  Give them a couple more years on the used market though, and I'll definitely be more interested. 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: The Pirate on January 21, 2007, 03:51:07 PM
I'm too cheap to buy a new one though.  Give them a couple more years on the used market though, and I'll definitely be more interested. 

You're the next Iffy? Young-ish guy CHOOSING to buy a minivan?

Raghavan

TheIntrepid

Raghavan

Um, no. Besides, it's lower (my dad was driving the MDX behind me when I was in the Accord one night.very annoying), has more cargo room and gets better gas mileage.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on January 21, 2007, 04:21:30 PM
Um, no. Besides, it's lower (my dad was driving the MDX behind me when I was in the Accord one night.very annoying), has more cargo room and gets better gas mileage.

Do looks matter to you at all?

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2007, 04:22:18 PM
Do looks matter to you at all?
Unless it's a sports car or something, not too much. And a Mazda5 looks better than most SUV's imo.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on January 21, 2007, 04:27:30 PM
Unless it's a sports car or something, not too much. And a Mazda5 looks better than most SUV's imo.

You insane? :wtf:

Raghavan

The Touareg is the one exception I can think of now. Besides, I'm not that shallow to buy an SUV because it looks better then foot the higher gas and insurance bills.
Besides, if the Mazda was lowered a bit, i think it'd look great.

USA_Idol

Quote from: ifcar on January 21, 2007, 03:45:44 PM
The next closest thing is the Kia Rondo, which is the identical thing minus sliding doors and a stickshift.

The Rondo is downright homely, though.  I'd skip it for that reason alone.  And I'm not saying that based on photos, I've actually seen it in-the-metal and it's not pretty in the least.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: USA_Idol on January 21, 2007, 08:36:59 PM
The Rondo is downright homely, though.  I'd skip it for that reason alone.  And I'm not saying that based on photos, I've actually seen it in-the-metal and it's not pretty in the least.

Understood. There's a millionaire on my street who gets a new car every year... bachelor. Lately it's been Corolla, Camry, Sienna, Sedona, Sonata, Rondo. It looks like ass.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2007, 08:40:19 PM
Understood. There's a millionaire on my street who gets a new car every year... bachelor. Lately it's been Corolla, Camry, Sienna, Sedona, Sonata, Rondo. It looks like ass.

Wait....a millionaire, and those are the cars he buys?  Are you sure he's a millionaire?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 22, 2007, 12:20:11 PM
Wait....a millionaire, and those are the cars he buys?  Are you sure he's a millionaire?

Yep...it's a well-known fact. He owns quite a few franchises and stuff. Houses in this area are $600K+ anyway.

The Pirate

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 22, 2007, 12:20:11 PM

Why do you think he's a millionaire?  It's in no small part because he didn't blow all his income on an expensive vehicle.  My parent's neighbor owns the local H&R Block franchise in a addition to offering various financial services.  He is easily a millionaire and drives a 7 year old Chrysler minivan.  His wife has a 2002 (thereabouts) Acura TL.

You'd be surprised at how many millionaires (or otherwise upper middle class) drive regular ho hum vehicles.  I buy less vehicle than I can afford, you'd be surprised at how much you actually save that way.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on January 22, 2007, 02:19:42 PM

Why do you think he's a millionaire?  It's in no small part because he didn't blow all his income on an expensive vehicle.  My parent's neighbor owns the local H&R Block franchise in a addition to offering various financial services.  He is easily a millionaire and drives a 7 year old Chrysler minivan.  His wife has a 2002 (thereabouts) Acura TL.

You'd be surprised at how many millionaires (or otherwise upper middle class) drive regular ho hum vehicles.  I buy less vehicle than I can afford, you'd be surprised at how much you actually save that way.

I read somewhere that the average person worth one million doesn't even wear a $300 watch.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Anyone read that FWD about Warren Buffett? I'll check my inbox and see if I still have it.

ChrisV

Why do you think he's a millionaire?  It's in no small part because he didn't blow all his income on an expensive vehicle.

To be fair, if you're not into cars, you don't buy them, regardless of income level. I know plenty of car-guy millionaires that do have nice stuff, because that's what they are into. And often it's the drive behind them becoming millionaires. Non car-guys will buy basic transportation, but may have other nice things, depending on their interests.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7030.msg343851#msg343851 date=1169583598
I read somewhere that the average person worth one million doesn't even wear a $300 watch.
I fI was a millionaire I wouldn't own a $300 watch.  It's not my thing.  Neither are nice clothes.  I would still be a jeans and AC/DC t-shirt guy driving around in my BMW. :rockon:

ifcar

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 23, 2007, 02:31:41 PM
I fI was a millionaire I wouldn't own a $300 watch.  It's not my thing.  Neither are nice clothes.  I would still be a jeans and AC/DC t-shirt guy driving around in my BMW. :rockon:

I'd wear a nice watch, but I'd also wear jeans.  Really, really expensive, nice jeans. 

But I wouldn't buy a BMW.

:huh:

:praise: :lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7030.msg343980#msg343980 date=1169592573
I'd wear a nice watch, but I'd also wear jeans.? Really, really expensive, nice jeans.?

But I wouldn't buy a BMW.

:huh:

:praise: :lol:
:lol:

I would keep wearing my Levi's and t-shirts, but my garage and house and their contents would greatly improve. :ohyeah:

SVT666

I buy less vehicle than I can afford, you'd be surprised at how much you actually save that way.
Right on.  We do too.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 23, 2007, 03:54:40 PM

I would keep wearing my Levi's and t-shirts, but my garage and house and their contents would greatly improve. :ohyeah:

I'd want a small place with a big garage.

The whole place would be wood, metal, glass, leather, and marble.  Basically a car's interior, with marble countertops in the kitchen.  I would have complete walls of glass. 

But that's just a dream house.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

thewizard16

Up until recently, the wealthiest person I know (personally know, not know of) drove a chevy silverado. Lots of wealthy people either don't care, don't know better, or save money that way. He's compensated for that now, but only because he rode in a nicer car, decided he liked it, and has been buying accordingly since. To him a $100k car isn't much though, he's been very lucky in the business world.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Morris Minor

What is the point of something that looks as drearily unimaginative as this? Chrysler will be Chinese by Christmas.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

ifcar

Right, the current DCX vans that outsell the next-best seller more than 2:1 are selling well because they look imaginative. That's why the next two, the Odyssey and Sienna, are so popular as well. :rolleyes: