2008 Ford Five Hundred

Started by gasoline, January 06, 2007, 10:28:48 PM

gasoline

-----------------------------------

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TBR

One word: SEXY! However, I am not sure how well it will fit with the profile.

SVT666

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

gasoline

JYODER240

looks better but the side profile is still bland
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SaltyDog

I'm a fan.  Hopefull it's packing the 3.5, but I didn't read the article.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

gasoline

the Teuton

It's better, but the interior isn't too much different.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

gasoline

pommes-t

Looks good! A big improvement. The interior looks great. Especially for an American car.

omicron

Applause for the rear end (although single exhausts on either side would be nice as opposed to dual on one side), applause for the interior, but thumbs down for the front, and those bloody awful chrome wheels.

ifcar

It's an improvement, but IMO it should have been more. The front overhang is now very pronounced, and the car still looks too soft in 3/4 front view. The 3.5-liter is the significant change.

Catman

I think it looks good but I'm more interested in the increased power.  I little flattening of the roof line would have helped a lot too.

rohan

Amazing- they took an ugly duckling and made it even uglier- and added a chrome thing on the front fender that's equally ugly and has no purpose at all.  Wow is all I can say it's just not a nice looking car and what's with Ford love of that 3 bar grill?  Its just not attractive at all.  BUT I like the green backlight on the dash it really stands out.  The speedo cluster looks like a reject from the Econoline group but the console looks good.  Overall I have to give it a "man is that fugly."
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Atomic

Quote from: rohan on January 07, 2007, 06:54:52 AM
Amazing- they took an ugly duckling and made it even uglier- and added a chrome thing on the front fender that's equally ugly and has no purpose at all.? Wow is all I can say it's just not a nice looking car and what's with Ford love of that 3 bar grill?? Its just not attractive at all.? BUT I like the green backlight on the dash it really stands out.? The speedo cluster looks like a reject from the Econoline group but the console looks good.? Overall I have to give it a "man is that fugly."

i like elements of the new version of the ford 500, but i'm not in love with the overall design. i do not like the side "gills" -- save them for lincoln. the grille does not fit the side profile. isn't this key?

what will the mercury montego look like? hmm...

Submariner

I'm glad they decided to use real wood this time.  :rolleyes: :tounge:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TheIntrepid

What's to applaud about the rear end? It's already in existence.

gasoline

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 07, 2007, 09:09:33 AM

What's to applaud about the rear end? It's already in existence.

But to be fair, I think it's quite possible to come up with such a shape independently.

TheIntrepid

rohan

Why in a the day of electronic do dads with the time on the face of everything did this car need a 80's style clock on the dash?  YUK- who are they putting that on there for?  The console really looked nice until I noticed that hanging above it - and I like the wood - it amost looks real.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

MX793

It's not bad.  Has a bit more character than the original while still remaining fairly toned down and unoffensive.  The front end actually kind of reminds me of the first gen Infiniti M45.  The side gills here actually don't bother me like the ones on the Focus.  These are relatively reserved and low key.  Though if they were to put something there else, a side-mounted turn indicator might better fit.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ro51092

Hmmm, it lacks the elegance of the old one.

But I don't care about that, did they put the 3.5 in it?

nickdrinkwater

Looks wicked.  Get rid of the chrome wheels and would look even better, IMO.  The front end looks really good now, even reminds of me of that Interceptor concept.  And I think the side profile is fine, it might not be particularly distinctive, but it's clean and smart.

I think the interior looks very good.  Modern, but also inviting and quite classy.

Gasoline, I have to hand it to you, you are good with the pictures.  Thanks :cheers:

mazda6er

For the guys that are complaining about this "not being enough" or the profile still being "not aggressive", keep in mind they were probably trying to save as much of the original design as possible. It's not as cost effective to fix the things you're complaining about.  :ohyeah:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SaltyDog

Quote from: mazda6er on January 07, 2007, 11:13:42 AM
For the guys that are complaining about this "not being enough" or the profile still being "not aggressive", keep in mind they were probably trying to save as much of the original design as possible. It's not as cost effective to fix the things you're complaining about.  :ohyeah:

And that's when Toyota and Honda stepped in.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

gasoline

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 07, 2007, 10:22:33 AM
Looks wicked.  Get rid of the chrome wheels and would look even better, IMO.  The front end looks really good now, even reminds of me of that Interceptor concept.  And I think the side profile is fine, it might not be particularly distinctive, but it's clean and smart.

I think the interior looks very good.  Modern, but also inviting and quite classy.

Gasoline, I have to hand it to you, you are good with the pictures.  Thanks :cheers:
You're welcome. But now I am an insomniac. :lol:

TBR

Quote from: SaltyDog on January 07, 2007, 11:18:34 AM
And that's when Toyota and Honda stepped in.

Have you seen the latest Accord and Camrys? Styling has NOTHING to with those high sales numbers. The fundamentals are what matter to midsize mainstream buyers (other than perceived reputation for quality) and the Five Hundred is much improved there (thanks to the 3.5).

mazda6er

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer