2008 Cadillac CTS pics/video

Started by gasoline, January 07, 2007, 10:57:37 PM

VetteZ06

Quote from: Raza on January 08, 2007, 10:48:19 AM
That interior is fucking decades worth of progress compared to the original CTS.? I'm very impressed.

You're quite right, my friend. I can't even imagine how the original CTS's interior could come from the same company - they're that far apart. The current CTS is a great car, and it was a big stepping stone for Cadillac, but this thing absolutely blows it out of the water. GM finally decided to execute even the smallest details correctly. See what happens?

I love this picture:

It just oozes quality to me. The wood looks great, there's leather and stitching, and it really looks like it'll close with a resounding "thud."  :praise:

SVT666

The centre stack looks like an Acura's to me, and doesn't look like it belongs in that car.  The exterior is really nice, although just a hair from being over the top.  Luckily they stopped just short of going over the top.  Overall I like it.

gasoline

More stitching there. Look at the seats good.

And look at this shot. Very nice!

-----------------------------------

VetteZ06

This thing's got some serious presence. :ohyeah:

Car Zeus

Interior looks very Lexus like.

Exterior is better but I still don't care for the ugly ass.

Catman

God damn this car is awesome.  I love everything about it.  Unlike some I think the haunched nose gives it a menacing, business like look and the grille is fine.  Cadillac is back! :rockon:

gasoline

Here's what Edmunds' Editor Karl Brauer had to say about the 2008 CTS:

QuoteI saw the interior shots during a lunch with Bob Lutz over two years ago. I saw the final production vehicle two months ago. Now I can finally share my thoughts on the all-new CTS (beyond the "wow" I let slip back in November).

First, if you think this car looks good in photos you still haven't really seen it. And if you think it looks bad (for some reason I can't understand), you really better reserve judgement until you see it up close and personal. Taken as a whole the car looks great, but you have to view it from multiple angles (and take some time) to fully appreciate the design and attention to detail. This is one of those cars you'll want to walk around and simply "absorb" when you're at the auto show.

Once you get inside you'll quickly see the beauty of the interior design. Cadillac has done a masterful job with interior lighting, and material quality is similarly impressive. My favorite interior detail (and the one I've been hinting at for over two years) is the seperate temperature displays that are canted toward each front seat on the center stack. This, along with the lighting, is a great example of Cadillac getting those little details right - details that can make all the difference to buyers in this market segment.

All indications are that it drives as good as it looks. If it does Caddy will have quite the luxury sedan to keep the brand's momentum going.

?Karl Brauer

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2126

Here's another shot for "posterity":

Now, if you want to see video of the 2008 CTS in action (Top-Gear-like on a runway strip), head on over to http://www.cadillac.com and click on the link. You'll see it.

Catman

I don't see anything to complain about concerning the back.  It looks much better than the previous model.

traumadog

Not a big fan of the nose - wish they made it more like the XLR - more flattened grille.  In any case, since it's big and blunt, I guess this thing now fits new European pedestrian-safety laws...
My Cardomain pages...
My 2004 VY/VZ Conversion (1 of < 889...)
My 1981 Eldorado Diesel <-- slower, but smokier
The wife's 2002 Trailblazer EXT

gasoline

Quote from: traumadog on January 08, 2007, 03:52:04 PM
Not a big fan of the nose - wish they made it more like the XLR - more flattened grille.  In any case, since it's big and blunt, I guess this thing now fits new European pedestrian-safety laws...
Did http://www.mycadillacstory.com ever get back to you?

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: gasoline on January 08, 2007, 03:47:11 PM
Here's what Edmunds' Editor Karl Brauer had to say about the 2008 CTS:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2126

I have to admit, I am disappointed that a journalist said "drives as good as it looks" when he knows it is "drives as well as it looks."  :nono:

Colonel Cadillac

Otherwise, I think the new CTS looks excellent. Hopefully it all works out in the end with weight, performance etc.

SJ_GTI

I am surprised they didn't give the CTS a proper handbrake this time around. Seems a little on the cheap and/or lazy side. Otherwise the more I see this car the more I like it.

Raghavan

I LOVE THIS CAR! IT'S PERFECT! (Except for the steering wheel, but that's being picky).
I'd definately get my parents to look at this car if they were in the market for one.

Catman

Quote from: Raghavan on January 08, 2007, 08:28:01 PM
I LOVE THIS CAR! IT'S PERFECT! (Except for the steering wheel, but that's being picky).
I'd definately get my parents to look at this car if they were in the market for one.

First non-fugly post in a while Rag. :rockon:

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

traumadog

My Cardomain pages...
My 2004 VY/VZ Conversion (1 of < 889...)
My 1981 Eldorado Diesel <-- slower, but smokier
The wife's 2002 Trailblazer EXT

the Teuton

This car makes me want to go back to the auto show with my dad this year (which probably isn't going to happen because of the 2 1/2 hr. time it takes to get here/there).  We both thought the Caddys other than the DTS looked a little junky.  This car makes me want to take all of that back, at least from the initial pics.  Oh yeah, my dad liked the XLR, too.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

gasoline

Sorry to hear about that traumadog. Hopefully they will. That Caddy of yours would look awesome on film.

Here are some more pics--this time of the interior--in a more wide shot:

Vinsanity

as excited as I am about this car, I can't help but wonder what this means for the STS. obviously, it's got to get the same interior upgrade for 2008, but I'm wondering in particular about the engines. currently, the STS has a 255-hp V6 and a 320-hp V8. would the STS get the high-output V6 with direct injection? and if so, will they then have to squeeze some more power from the Northstar?

Lexus stumbled into this dilemma earlier with the IS and GS; now the engine options for the GS make no sense at all:
GS350 - 306-hp V6
GS430 - 290-hp V8
this is straight from the Lexus product brochure. I'm assuming they'll replace the 430 with a 460 and/or 400h anytime now.

so what does this mean for the Northstar/STS?

SVT_Power

Hard to see the damn buttons in the center console. Perhaps the writing lights up as white to make them easier to see.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 08, 2007, 11:30:15 PM
as excited as I am about this car, I can't help but wonder what this means for the STS. obviously, it's got to get the same interior upgrade for 2008, but I'm wondering in particular about the engines. currently, the STS has a 255-hp V6 and a 320-hp V8. would the STS get the high-output V6 with direct injection? and if so, will they then have to squeeze some more power from the Northstar?

Lexus stumbled into this dilemma earlier with the IS and GS; now the engine options for the GS make no sense at all:
GS350 - 306-hp V6
GS430 - 290-hp V8
this is straight from the Lexus product brochure. I'm assuming they'll replace the 430 with a 460 and/or 400h anytime now.

so what does this mean for the Northstar/STS?

I would hope it means a 350+ hp Northstar and a lot more powerful "V" version.  But that's just me hoping.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

Quote from: the Teuton on January 08, 2007, 11:47:30 PM
I would hope it means a 350+ hp Northstar and a lot more powerful "V" version.? But that's just me hoping.

I don't think that's too much to ask for, actually. Mercedes and BMW both have V8's in the 380-hp range and Lexus has the 460 engine bound to make it to the GS. considering that, I think it's reasonable for Cadillac to tweak the Northstar STS (and XLR while they're at it) to 350 hp

MX793

The interior gets a thumbs up, but I have mixed feelings about the exterior.  The new front end with its more prominent grille (and what appears to be a broader, blunter/flatter nose) seems almost truckish.  It's not really ugly, but I can't say it strikes me as being an improvement over the old model.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

gasoline

Galaxy

Looks nice. Good job Caddy. Those shots we saw a year ago looked more sleek however. Could that have been the coup

goldenlover1101

Man I really really like it, very nice looking. The interior looks very high quality. It looks absolutely horrible in that orange color. But the red looks good and the silver looks awesome. I can't wait to see it in black, it should look mean as hell. I like the curves of the new interior compared to the old arts/science interior. I hope this seucceeds and really competes with mercedes/BMW/Audi?Lexus and gives them a good american competitor. Lincoln should be taking notes.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Raghavan

Quote from: Catman on January 08, 2007, 08:32:10 PM
First non-fugly post in a while Rag. :rockon:
:praise: :rockon:
I can't believe this is a GM car! The interior just looks awesome. GM really took this one seriously.
:praise: