So we all know the CarSPIN consensus

Started by TheIntrepid, January 10, 2007, 02:02:21 PM

Which of these mainstream sedans would you drive?

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
7 (12.1%)
2007 Toyota Camry SE V6
3 (5.2%)
2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT
23 (39.7%)
2007 Mazda6 GT V6 (sedan)
18 (31%)
2007 Honda Accord SE V6
7 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

mazda6er

Quote from: Raza  on January 19, 2007, 05:12:22 AM
I don't know; my friend has an 4 cylinder automatic, and it seems okay, but it gets poor gas mileage and is really, really slow.  I've never driven it, but it doesn't seem all that noteworthy as a commuter, and with a stubborn 4 speed automatic and an engine with little punch, I doubt it really that fun.
That's exactly what I drive (engine/transmission set-up) and if you push it, it does well enough. But you've got to push it. And downshift liberally.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 19, 2007, 06:58:13 AM
4-speed auto? I don't think any modern midsize Japanese car has anything less than 5 speeds in any transmission. The 6 is pretty heavy...but no heavier than any of its competitors, and I'm pretty sure it has a 6 speed auto.

Plus again...nobody's calling the 6 a sports car...but in the midsize 4cyl realm, what is more fun to drive?

I wish manufacturers would make homologated touring car variants of their cars...I think my Accord would have been close to something like that. It was fun as hell with only 150 or so HP, but still comfortable and practical as hell.
It seems to have a 5 speed now, but his only has 4 gears.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Nethead

I'd drive four of the five--preferably the Mazda, then the Nissan, then the 'Yota, then the Subaru, then I'd walk.  We once owned an Accord--only the Plymouth Duster my wife had and the Chevy pickup I had were worse.  It took a lot of thought, planning, and effort by Plymouth and Chevrolet to outworse the Accord, but somehow they managed...
So many stairs...so little time...

Raza

Quote from: Nethead on January 22, 2007, 11:08:02 AM
I'd drive four of the five--preferably the Mazda, then the Nissan, then the 'Yota, then the Subaru, then I'd walk.  We once owned an Accord--only the Plymouth Duster my wife had and the Chevy pickup I had were worse.  It took a lot of thought, planning, and effort by Plymouth and Chevrolet to outworse the Accord, but somehow they managed...

What was so bad about it?  Transmission?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

I'd probably drive the Altima.  My brother has one, and it seems pretty nice.  I used to drive a Maxima, and before that, I drove a Honda Accord.

Any of them would be fine, most likely.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!