So we all know the CarSPIN consensus

Started by TheIntrepid, January 10, 2007, 02:02:21 PM

Which of these mainstream sedans would you drive?

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
7 (12.1%)
2007 Toyota Camry SE V6
3 (5.2%)
2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT
23 (39.7%)
2007 Mazda6 GT V6 (sedan)
18 (31%)
2007 Honda Accord SE V6
7 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

ifcar

mazda6er

I picked Legacy. :lol: No one can accuse me of trolling.  :thumbsup:

I prefer the AWD, so that gives it the nod, seeing as the Mazdaspeed version is not being considered. And just for the sake of variety. I imagine the handling would be very comparable between the two.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

VetteZ06

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ifcar on January 10, 2007, 03:21:36 PM
Favorite to borrow or favorite to buy?

If you're borrowing you generally borrow what the friend has. So buy of course.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ifcar

Quote from: VetteZ06 on January 10, 2007, 03:27:09 PM
What do you think?

I don't know. It just said "drive." It could be like the C/D GHI factor, or what we would buy.

I went with the Accord from that list.

chevyguy06

I'll go in order of what I might actually buy...
1)Legacy
2)Altima
3)Mazda6
4)Accord
5)Camry
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

nickdrinkwater

Either the Passat or Fusion if it was on the list.

Alternatively, the Legacy, Mazda6 as a second choice.  Don't like any of the others.

mazda6er

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 10, 2007, 04:03:19 PM
Either the Passat or Fusion if it was on the list.

Alternatively, the Legacy, Mazda6 as a second choice.  Don't like any of the others.
Not to bash, but...you do realize the Mazda6 is simply a better handling Fusion, correct?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quote from: SJ_GTI on January 10, 2007, 02:54:47 PM
What's the caliper placement discussion from?  :confused:

Chat Thread, circa last night.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: mazda6er on January 10, 2007, 04:05:50 PM
Not to bash, but...you do realize the Mazda6 is simply a better handling Fusion, correct?

I haven't had the pleasure of driving either, but fair enough.  I guess I picked the Fusion because it's something different to me, compared to the 6.

If both were popular here I'd take the Mazda!

93JC

What's wrong with the Ford? Hmm? You America-hating commie?

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on January 10, 2007, 04:30:40 PM
What's wrong with the Ford? Hmm? You America-hating commie?

Toyotas are the best.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

That's a given, but what's wrong with a Ford versus a Mazda?

nickdrinkwater

Well, I've just been told the Mazda is better handling, and I'm taking his word for it, because I've not driven either!

I did originally pick the Fusion for it's better (IMO) looks.  But I said in the Focus thread that looks for an important factor for me when it comes to cars, and I got slagged off for that, too!

SVT_Power

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 10, 2007, 02:13:44 PM
I can't think of a single reason to get a Camry over an Accord.

Suicidal? Easier to fall asleep in front of the wheel?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 10, 2007, 02:13:44 PM
I can't think of a single reason to get a Camry over an Accord.

For yourself, or for anyone?

Raghavan

1) Legacy (Lighter than pretty much all the other cars, AWD)
2) V6 Accord 6MT
3) Mazda6 V6
4) Altima

5) Camry

the Teuton

If we all love the Legacy and recognize it as a great car, then why doesn't the buying public?

It's faster than hell, comfortable, reliable, and safe.  What more could anyone want?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raghavan

Quote from: the Teuton on January 10, 2007, 06:31:48 PM
If we all love the Legacy and recognize it as a great car, then why doesn't the buying public?

It's faster than hell, comfortable, reliable, and safe. What more could anyone want?
My dad seemed to be quite impressed with it after I suggested it, and said that he'd definately look at one when the Accord's transmission dies again.
However, I told my mom, and she just said "EW, I don't want to buy a Subaru!".
:huh:

Raza

Any word on whether the Legacy on this poll includes the spec.B?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

The Spec.B starts at $33k if I'm not mistaken (I didn't check).  That's more than any of them other than maybe a loaded Camcordima.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

It also screams to 60 quicker than any of them, however the price seems to disqualify the Spec B.  I mean, who really considers that car a mainstreamer?

93JC

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 10, 2007, 05:24:00 PM
Well, I've just been told the Mazda is better handling, and I'm taking his word for it, because I've not driven either!

I did originally pick the Fusion for it's better (IMO) looks.  But I said in the Focus thread that looks for an important factor for me when it comes to cars, and I got slagged off for that, too!

There's really no right way of going about it: you hate America and you're a shallow automotive consumer.

(Just taking the piss :cheers:)

The Pirate

I didn't realize the Spec.B was that pricey.  Is that the only way to get a manual with the turbo engine?

If so, I'm heading on down to car two on my list.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: R-inge on January 10, 2007, 06:42:00 PM
It also screams to 60 quicker than any of them, however the price seems to disqualify the Spec B.  I mean, who really considers that car a mainstreamer?

Isn't the Spec.B limited run only?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

Quote from: 93JC on January 10, 2007, 08:01:01 PM
There's really no right way of going about it: you hate America and you're a shallow automotive consumer.

(Just taking the piss :cheers:)

:lol:

Does anybody else see the irony here?  A Canadian is accusing a British guy of hating America.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

93JC

What else would I accuse him of? Hating Canada?

That'd just be stupid. Nobody hates Canada except Canadians.

mazda6er

Quote from: 93JC on January 10, 2007, 08:41:47 PM
What else would I accuse him of? Hating Canada?

That'd just be stupid. Nobody hates Canada except Canadians.
They still have Canada? I thought we absorbed it after WWII.
--Mark

Raghavan

Quote from: The Pirate on January 10, 2007, 08:02:54 PM
I didn't realize the Spec.B was that pricey. Is that the only way to get a manual with the turbo engine?

If so, I'm heading on down to car two on my list.
No, you can get it in the 2.5 GT.

93JC

Hmm... I heard the US education system was pure unadulterated shite... Guess it's true...