Foose Stangs available at Ford dealers

Started by SVT666, January 29, 2007, 10:27:03 AM

SVT666

Nethead

Those C-Pillar scoops gotta go...THEN take it to Mosport, VIR, or Laguna Seca and turn it foose, I mean loose, and follow that up with a day at Englishtown!
So many stairs...so little time...

HeyThatsNick

I just creamed my pants....Chip Foose is a god.  That is by far the best looking Mustang offered.  Better than the Shelby GT500 although it would be cool to have that engine in this Foose car.  And Nethead, I find the C-pillar scoops a throwback to the old Mustang that this car is inspired by.

Payman

A Foose designed Mustang for $37,000. Sweet.  :ohyeah:
He managed to smooth out the design and make the car look much sleeker. The Shelby GT500 looks chunky and heavy by comparison.

LonghornTX

I gotta be honest, I really do not like the Foose mustangs much.  They are way to flashy IMO and I would never put 20's on a mustang that I wanted to perform.  I do like the front clip though.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

SVT666

I can't wait to see one at the Ford dealers in town.  I love Foose's cars.  I don't like the paint job on the first pic, but I love the paint on the second car. :ohyeah:

Secret Chimp

I don't really like Foose's creations that much. They aren't ugly, but they don't really grab me. Blanker-looking fronts, slightly changed lamps, and stupid-big wheels seem to he his trademark, which doesn't really strike me as terribly creative.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SVT666

Quote from: Secret Chimp on January 29, 2007, 02:13:05 PM
I don't really like Foose's creations that much. They aren't ugly, but they don't really grab me. Blanker-looking fronts, slightly changed lamps, and stupid-big wheels seem to he his trademark, which doesn't really strike me as terribly creative.
His designs look like they could have come from the factory...but didn't.? That's what makes him a great designer.? Most aftermarket body kits, wheels, paint jobs, etc. all look like aftermarket shit, whereas his look classic.? For Example:

and...

and...

and...

and...

and...

and...

I personally don't like dubs and I would have 18s on a Foose car if I could ever afford one.

SaltyDog

The front end is a really nice alternative.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Secret Chimp

I prefer customs to look good but actually look different enough so you don't have to ask "what exactly did he do to that thing," which aside from the ugly bar-grille and different headlights he uses on 80% of his shit is what I'm always wondering.

Onslaught

I like some of his work but not this. I don't see anything that's an improvement to the normal GT. Kind of looks like one of my redneck relatives got a hold of it.

SVT666

Quote from: Secret Chimp on January 29, 2007, 02:31:19 PM
I prefer customs to look good but actually look different enough so you don't have to ask "what exactly did he do to that thing," which aside from the ugly bar-grille and different headlights he uses on 80% of his shit is what I'm always wondering.
That's the exact thing I love about his designs.  It leaves people wondering, "What did he do to it because it sure looks sweet".

Secret Chimp

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 29, 2007, 03:22:29 PM
That's the exact thing I love about his designs.? It leaves people wondering, "What did he do to it because it sure looks sweet".

I looked up some photos of Boss 302s, and I really can't point out a single difference between them and that "514" Mustang in this thread aside from a missing chin spoiler. And stupid wheels. All of the contour lines look exactly the same to me.

LonghornTX

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 29, 2007, 02:27:37 PM
His designs look like they could have come from the factory...but didn't.  That's what makes him a great designer.  Most aftermarket body kits, wheels, paint jobs, etc. all look like aftermarket shit, whereas his look classic.  For Example:
For some of the other models he has worked on I would agree with you, but for his work on the S-197, I would disagree.  Though I do like his work better than some of the others, I would never think any of his mustangs came of from the factory.  But, I do tend to have reserved tastes stylistically....
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Payman

Hahahaha... look who's in the background, looking on with envy.

heelntoe

@heelntoe

Payman

Quote from: heelntoe on January 29, 2007, 06:24:56 PM
who? :huh:

is that the grand master?

Scraggly beard, ballcap, shirt with the volume on bust, builds decent cars but clueless in business and employee relations... Actually his best cars were executed by Foose. This particular car, Foose won the 2005 Ridler award using the painter (Charlie) once employed by the man of mystery in the photo.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Are these stangs any faster than a normal GT?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on January 29, 2007, 06:57:31 PM
Are these stangs any faster than a normal GT?
Read the article.  You can get them supercharged.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7470.msg349980#msg349980 date=1170121376
I think Foose's Stangs look awful.
In all seriousness you don't like that copper and black Mustang I posted?  That's about the sweetest aftermarket S197 Mustang I've ever seen.  I will be saving for that paint job.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ChrisV

Quote from: Secret Chimp on January 29, 2007, 03:40:06 PM
I looked up some photos of Boss 302s, and I really can't point out a single difference between them and that "514" Mustang in this thread aside from a missing chin spoiler. And stupid wheels. All of the contour lines look exactly the same to me.

except they are smoother. The bumpers fit MUCH tighter (the rear bumper is flush), the panel gaps are near perfect in comparison, there are no door handles, the rear panel is smoothed, there are no side marker lights, it has a under valance scoop to help feed the 600+hp 514 cid V8, etc. There are literally dozens of subtle smooth changes to the body, a BUNCH of changes to the chassis and a drivetrain that was never available in that year Mustang.

As the past owner of three '70 Mustang fastbacks (including a BOSS 302) I see that particular '70 fastback as an example of the epitome of pure Mustang styling. A complete custom that loses nothing of it's original classic look, while subtly changing every body panel. That's the mark of genius.

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

I love what Foose does with cars. He styles customs the way I would, and in fact, the way I did a decade ago with my Comet sketch, that I'm slowly building:

I like his Mustangs, too.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 29, 2007, 10:25:19 PM
In all seriousness you don't like that copper and black Mustang I posted?  That's about the sweetest aftermarket S197 Mustang I've ever seen.  I will be saving for that paint job.

Don't like it at all.  Headlamps, grille, paintjob, hood scoop, hood bulge, wheels, rear quarter window covers; none of it is to my taste.

This one:

is nice.  Rims aren't my favorite, but that's a good looking car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 29, 2007, 10:23:18 PM
Read the article.? You can get them supercharged.

I read it. It said the supercharged ones would be offered "through exclusive Foose Stallion performance dealers." I'm not sure what that means, but in any case, I was talking about the normal version. I think it mentioned that it had a new exhaust, but most of the article was just glorifiying Foose. He's askin for a lot more cashflow.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on January 30, 2007, 07:54:43 AM
I read it. It said the supercharged ones would be offered "through exclusive Foose Stallion performance dealers." I'm not sure what that means, but in any case, I was talking about the normal version. I think it mentioned that it had a new exhaust, but most of the article was just glorifiying Foose. He's askin for a lot more cashflow.
Most of what you get is body kit, paint, wheels, seat covers, etc.  The new exhaust will add 3 or 4 hp, but the suspension and brake upgrades is where the performance gain will come from.

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on January 30, 2007, 07:26:16 AM
A complete custom that loses nothing of it's original classic look, while subtly changing every body panel. That's the mark of genius.
I couldn't agree with you more.  I hate body kits that look like body kits.  For me, it should look like it could have come fom the factory.  The copper/black Mustang that I posted earlier, looks like it could have come from the factory (except for the paint job of course).

The Pirate

Quote from: Payman on January 29, 2007, 06:22:42 PM
Hahahaha... look who's in the background, looking on with envy.

Is it Boyd Coddington?
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT666