Foose Stangs available at Ford dealers

Started by SVT666, January 29, 2007, 10:27:03 AM

Nethead

ChrisV:  This posting by the ChrisDude should let anyone know that he has the artist's eye for details, and why that Comet he's working on will probably be the envy of Chip Foose someday:

"...except they are smoother. The bumpers fit MUCH tighter (the rear bumper is flush), the panel gaps are near perfect in comparison, there are no door handles, the rear panel is smoothed, there are no side marker lights, it has a under valance scoop to help feed the 600+hp 514 cid V8, etc. There are literally dozens of subtle smooth changes to the body, a BUNCH of changes to the chassis and a drivetrain that was never available in that year Mustang.

As the past owner of three '70 Mustang fastbacks (including a BOSS 302) I see that particular '70 fastback as an example of the epitome of pure Mustang styling. A complete custom that loses nothing of it's original classic look, while subtly changing every body panel. That's the mark of genius."

A long time ago, the Nethead here had a '69 RamAir Mercury Cyclone CJ428.  It was one bitchin' ride, but hardly the car for a dude who was about to quit his full-time job and go to college on the GI Bill!  I traded the fastest car I've ever owned for a '73 Datsun truck, the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (of course, it had only one option--$20 worth of undercoating, parts & labor; so there wasn't much to break--it didn't even have a radio).  I love '68 Cyclone fastbacks, and wish Merc would come out with one scaled-down to fit the current Mustang chassis--or a little bigger to accommodate rear half-doors like the Mazda RX-8 on a slightly lengthened Mustang chassis.  At the time I bought the '69, '68s were selling for much more (as were '69s usually, but the one I traded for had been wrecked once so few customers would touch it) or I would have gotten a '68 (nicer grille, although the front sidemarkers were too high and too big compared to a '69).
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on January 30, 2007, 09:49:09 AM
A long time ago, the Nethead here had a '69 RamAir Mercury Cyclone CJ428.? It was one bitchin' ride, but hardly the car for a dude who was about to quit his full-time job and go to college on the GI Bill!? I traded the fastest car I've ever owned for a '73 Datsun truck, the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (of course, it had only one option--$20 worth of undercoating, parts & labor; so there wasn't much to break--it didn't even have a radio).? I love '68 Cyclone fastbacks, and wish Merc would come out with one scaled-down to fit the current Mustang chassis--or a little bigger to accommodate rear half-doors like the Mazda RX-8 on a slightly lengthened Mustang chassis.? At the time I bought the '69, '68s were selling for much more (as were '69s usually, but the one I traded for had been wrecked once so few customers would touch it) or I would have gotten a '68 (nicer grille, although the front sidemarkers were too high and too big compared to a '69).
Muscle Car Review did a feature on a 1969 Cyclone CJ428 in their November issue.  That is one sweet ass car.