Ford Freestyle Renamed! a.k.a. The Tempo Thread

Started by SVT666, February 07, 2007, 09:26:56 AM

The Pirate

Man, that car really looks good in the pictures that ChrisV posted.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Chris, the car looks awesome! Got did the owner post any more pics or stats of it? I'd love a car like that to AutoX.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

I want an AWD Tempo and an AWD Pontiac 6000 to pit one-on-one in some kind of death rally.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TheIntrepid

Throw a 4WD Camry in there and I'll be one of your drivers. :praise:

ChrisV

Quote from: Raghavan on February 13, 2007, 08:42:40 AM
Chris, the car looks awesome! Got did the owner post any more pics or stats of it? I'd love a car like that to AutoX.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/690447

All I know about it.

I was actually looking for the earlier 2 door tempos to photoshop a modern version from, but the pics are all crappy. Like this:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

TheIntrepid

When I was a kid my PowerWheels Jeep was hauled home on the roof of a Tempo much like this, an '85 later traded in for a brand-new 740iL in the late 90s.

the Teuton

Check this website out.

www.ford-tempo.zoomshare.com/
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FoMoJo

Seeing that we're talking about Tempos now...in that segment, for that time (mid 80s), they were very good. 

I had 2 of them (and '86 and a '91).  They were cheap, dependable and you couldn't kill them.  As Ford was too distracted from product-line in the 90s, they let them die of neglect.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Onslaught

Tempo and the Fat man.

Kate and Tempo

Saturday night Tempo

In Living Tempo

Wounder Tempo

Fantasy Tempo

the Teuton

In the Tempo of Good and Evil

Night of the Living Tempo

Brokedown Tempo

Brokeback Tempo

BatTempo

Attack of the Killer Tempos

The Tempo Redemption

Tempo & Me (the Tempo goes in search of Jack Telnack)

Wild, Wild Tempo

Resevoir Tempos

Tempo and Louise

Tempo:  A car and his dream

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

mazda6er

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Onslaught

Laconian

I did my driver's ed in a Tempo. It was a tremendous pile of shit that was terrifying (for a young driver) when getting up to speed on the freeway. I had to keep it floored continuously, and it made an awful groaning sound when the A/C was switched off.

The only other car I had driven at the time was a 96 Corolla, which seemed positively sprightly when compared with the Tempo.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

the Teuton

Quote from: Laconian on February 17, 2007, 08:51:23 AM
I did my driver's ed in a Tempo. It was a tremendous pile of shit that was terrifying (for a young driver) when getting up to speed on the freeway. I had to keep it floored continuously, and it made an awful groaning sound when the A/C was switched off.

The only other car I had driven at the time was a 96 Corolla, which seemed positively sprightly when compared with the Tempo.

You officially deserve pity.  My driver's ed. car was a 1997 Honda Civic HX (hatch back).  I liked it a lot with the exception of the horribly uncomfortable seat.

JWC

My driver's ed car was a 1974 (or1973) Olds Delta 88.  It was like learning to drive in a Sherman tank.   I almost ran over a mailman in that stupid landyacht. 

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on February 17, 2007, 12:37:19 PM
You officially deserve pity.  My driver's ed. car was a 1997 Honda Civic HX (hatch back).  I liked it a lot with the exception of the horribly uncomfortable seat.

I had a Toyota Echo.  I remember looking down to check my speed for the first time and screaming in my head "Oh my god, someone's stolen my gauges!" and then I remembered they were retardedly in the middle.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TheIntrepid

omicron

Holden Astra. The bloody indicators were set for left hand drive, as with all imported Euro Holdens, so the first few lessons I completely embarrassed myself by flicking the wipers on and spontaneously changing lanes.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

93JC

I had a Neon. Three-speed automatic, 2.0 L SOHC, w00t-w00t!

Other than the underwhelming powertrain it was pretty fun to drive.

TheIntrepid

I didn't spend too much time in my driver's ed car because my instructor thought I was at that time the best student he had, and my parents would take me out in my Camry daily to practice. It was after I got my full license that I started pulling fun shit... I was just so sick of being by the book.

280Z Turbo

93JC

Quote from: TheIntrepid on February 19, 2007, 02:07:32 PM
I didn't spend too much time in my driver's ed car because my instructor thought I was at that time the best student he had,

:wtf: