2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

93JC

Quote from: Vinsanity on February 07, 2007, 02:20:02 PM
Snakes in a Tempo

:clap:

"I have had it with these motherfucking snakes in this motherfucking Tempo!"

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

I'd buy a Tempo if it came with a Samuel L. Jackson cardboard cut out.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

gasoline

-----------------------------------

SVT666

Quote from: Vinsanity on February 07, 2007, 02:20:02 PM
Snakes in a Tempo
:lol:

Star Wars: The Tempo Strikes Back

"Luke, I am your father.  You were conceived in.....the Tempo"

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 07, 2007, 03:01:08 PM
:lol:

Star Wars: The Tempo Strikes Back

"Luke, I am your father.  You were conceived in.....the Tempo"

Citizen Tempo:

"Temppooo...."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Looks nice.  Should have stayed wioth "Freestyle" but I really don't care.

the Teuton

The Lion Tempo

Mufassa: "Anything the headlights touch is our kingdom"

Simba:  "Well, that ain't much.  I'm going to Scar, he has a Taurus X with xenons."
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

Quote from: The Pirate on February 07, 2007, 02:26:35 PM
I'd buy a Tempo if it came with a Samuel L. Jackson cardboard cut out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cardboard Sam riding shotgun in the HOV lane ftw!

take that, Toyota Prius! :evildude:

93JC

Anyone remember the western classic For a Garageful of Tempos, and it's sequels For a Few Tempos More and The Tempo, the Topaz and the Japanese Import?

Vinsanity

coming soon to the interweb:

All Your Tempo Are Belong to Us

mazda6er

Indiana Jones and the Tempo of Doom
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Secret Chimp

The front looks a lot better - very Subaru-like (though more in the blocky previous-model way), which should help a little cutting into Outback sales. But Taurus X - barf. I say they should have called it the Country Squire :)

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Atomic

sorry, dudes! i added my comments about the ford "taurus x" (dumb name, eh?!) in the taurus/sable tread.

see why i hate the change  :banghead:!!!

please blame fmc, not me  ;)!

sandertheshark

Can't Ford ever just settle on a name they like?

ifcar

Quote from: sandertheshark on February 07, 2007, 05:16:12 PM

Their new CEO preferred the Taurus name.

Atomic

Quote from: sandertheshark on February 07, 2007, 05:16:12 PM

u r so right! a little too late in this case, eh?! what the hell  :huh:???

nickdrinkwater

It looks nothing like a Taurus.  What a stupid name.

ro51092

Ford must have a marketing dept. that has an average lower IQ than an average retarded ape.

mazda6er

Quote from: ro51092 on February 07, 2007, 06:23:58 PM
Ford must have a marketing dept. that has an average lower IQ than an average retarded ape.
Maybe they're just hiring people from "The Apprentice".
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Secret Chimp

Quote from: mazda6er on February 07, 2007, 06:24:49 PM
Maybe they're just hiring people from "The Apprentice".

Or just people with MBAs from DeVry.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

JWC

I saw a news report this afternoon about this.  Some woman stated she preferred the name Taurus because it was sexier.

Sex sells, but I don't think she really has seen a 500/Taurus. 

Maybe Ford should name their cars after barn animals, Taurus, Mustang seem to have "sex appeal" in the eyes of the public.

mazda6er

Quote from: JWC on February 07, 2007, 07:40:24 PM
I saw a news report this afternoon about this.  Some woman stated she preferred the name Taurus because it was sexier.

Sex sells, but I don't think she really has seen a 500/Taurus. 

Maybe Ford should name their cars after barn animals, Taurus, Mustang seem to have "sex appeal" in the eyes of the public.
I just hope it's not too late to rename the Freestar, I mean, the Ford Hippo.
--Mark

JWC

Quote from: mazda6er on February 07, 2007, 07:42:13 PM
I just hope it's not too late to rename the Freestar, I mean, the Ford Hippo.

Having now seen the Edge up close and personal, including driving it, it should be named the Hippo.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Edge, but seeing it in the detail shop today, I kept thinking...AMC Pacer, then it hit me. 

It reminds me of a big zit waiting to get popped. 

(Of course the one in detail was light Sage in color, almost flesh tone).

mazda6er

Quote from: JWC on February 07, 2007, 07:55:23 PM
Having now seen the Edge up close and personal, including driving it, it should be named the Hippo.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Edge, but seeing it in the detail shop today, I kept thinking...AMC Pacer, then it hit me. 

It reminds me of a big zit waiting to get popped. 

(Of course the one in detail was light Sage in color, almost flesh tone).
haha, well it certainly does look kinda puffy. You're right though, the color probably didn't help. It supposedly handles like a champ for the size and expectations, though. How did you like the drive?
--Mark

Vinsanity

Onslaught

Quote from: MX793 on February 07, 2007, 10:55:30 AM
If they're going to rename the Fusion, they should definately bring back the Tempo name.
WHAT!? That is one of the biggest POS cars I've ever been in. My mom had one and it was HORRIBLE. She's in her 50's and has never owned anything but Ford's and hates that car.

the Teuton

Quote from: Vinsanity on February 07, 2007, 08:46:39 PM

Look at the A, B, C, and D pillars, the rounded front with the rectangular headlights, and some of the details, and it looks more like the Taurus than I think any of us thought originally.  Weren't they going to originally call the 500 the Taurus anyway?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Onslaught

Ok, I've calmed down and saw that the Tempo thing must have been a joke. That fucking car would hit me with a blue static electricity bolt every time I got out of it. It started my hatred for Ford when I was a kid.