Lol...

Started by VTEC_Inside, February 12, 2007, 04:07:34 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: dsred on February 14, 2007, 04:04:18 PM
If anyone EVER follows me to my "destination" then it's on...basically you have to confront them because generally speaking they're cowards who will come back and do something to your car later. I confront them, let them know why, jot down their license number and tell them if they don't get lost NOW or if something happens to my car I'll be calling the Police.

Good luck with that (you'll need it).

TurboDan

Quote from: 93JC on February 13, 2007, 07:49:25 PM
John Candy?

John Candy was a covert Canadian agent, like most of the people we send down there.

And you see how John Candy turned out.   :devil:

TheIntrepid

:lol:

John Candy is a stereotypical American... overweight and dumb.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SJ_GTI

I drive in heavy traffic all the time (~35-45 minutes for a 10 mile commute to work, plus I go to school in Center City Philly), so it doesn't bother me. But sometimes I can see people in their cars getting upset.

A couple of days ago some guy (in a previous gen TL-S) got pissed at me for...something, not really sure what...and just started yelling and screaming and pointing. I just lost it.

I started laughing hysterically. It never ceases to amaze me how childish people act when they get behind the wheel of a car. It has always seemed to me that people immediately throw out all reasonbility and sense of politeness when they drive. This guy was off the charts though. Could you imagine someone acting like that outside of traffic? They would be locked in a mental institution (for the good of society and themselves).

Good stuff.  :lol:

Raza

I angrily pass, but that's about it.  Whenever I get the finger, it cracks me up as well. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

Quote from: TheIntrepid on February 15, 2007, 08:06:36 AM

John Candy was Canadian. I don't think he was especially dumb, either.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

93JC

Quote from: TurboDan on February 14, 2007, 10:48:15 PM
And you see how John Candy turned out.? ?:devil:

He died a true patriot.

93JC

Quote from: TheIntrepid on February 15, 2007, 08:06:36 AM

He was Canadian, tool!

Sheesh, talk about dumb... :rolleyes:

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on February 13, 2007, 04:42:40 PM
Why would we need guns to fend off bears?

Again, preposterous: we could kill bears with our own hands.
We have to kill a bear with our bare hands when we turn 12.  It's our passage to manhood.

93JC

Exactly.

Conversely, so do the womenfolk. But just a black bear, not grizzlies or polar bears like the men have to.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Psilos on February 15, 2007, 09:57:23 AM
John Candy was Canadian. I don't think he was especially dumb, either.

I'm not that slow. I know he's Canadian... I was referring to the fact that he fits the typical American stereotype.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JWC

I wouldn't see where a "left lane" rule applies here.  You yourself had to jump into the left lane to make a turn.  It doesn't sound like he's hogging the left lane, but driving on a city roadway or a four-lane secondary road. 

If your turn is coming up within four minutes and you had to "jump" back into the left lane to make your turn, I'd say that your impatience to save 15-20 seconds is telling more about you here than the other driver. 

Even you said lane choice is irrevelant, why criticize his choice?

JWC

....and why do Canadians always bring up the War of 1812?  Is that the last victory you guys ever had....basically sending the British to capture Washington...only to retreat later? 

Yeah, 190 years later and we Americans are still shaking in our boots afraid you'll send the Brits back.

93JC

Quote from: JWC on February 17, 2007, 04:45:18 PM
....and why do Canadians always bring up the War of 1812?  ... basically sending the British to capture Washington...only to retreat later?

"Basically sending the British to capture Washington"?

I'm shocked at your ignorance. The US tried to conquer the Canadas, and lost. It was series of important events in Canadian history: had the US won I'd most likely be sitting in US territory right now. Had the war never happened it's likely Canadian confederation would not have happened, or at least not as soon as it did, which would have had many repercussions throughout the British Empire.

QuoteIs that the last victory you guys ever had.....

On the contrary; 192 years later we're still batting 1.000 :lol: :P

JWC

Actually, I'd still debate that.  The war was between the US and Britian.  You guys were just a trophy that never materialized, but I would hesitate to declare it a "Canadian victory".  Britain provided the war machinery and the intelligence, as well as a majority of troops. 

In reality, there has never been a Canadian victory....just Canada supporting another's Army. ;)

93JC

Okay. If a war victory must be absolutely unilateral then the USA has never won a war either.

Except the US Civil War, if that counts. Otherwise y'all are batting .000 on your own (1812, Vietnam).

JWC

Quote from: 93JC on February 17, 2007, 05:52:02 PM
Okay. If a war victory must be absolutely unilateral then the USA has never won a war either.

Except the US Civil War, if that counts. Otherwise y'all are batting .000 on your own (1812, Vietnam).

I said a victory, didn't say anything about winning a war.  Completely different subject.

JWC

Besides, you were not even a "real" country until what....1860 something.  1867??

93JC

Quote from: JWC on February 17, 2007, 05:55:06 PM
I said a victory, didn't say anything about winning a war.  Completely different subject.

So what did you mean?

JWC

I'll repeat the first post...

why do Canadians always bring up the War of 1812?  Is that the last victory you guys ever had....basically sending the British to capture Washington...only to retreat later?

I never said either lost or won the war.  By historical accounts, it was a stalemate.

JWC

We can, jokingly I assume, to continue to debate how many victories there were between the two, but....

at the time, the British still owned you. :lol:

93JC

Quote from: JWC on February 17, 2007, 06:08:16 PM
I'll repeat the first post...

why do Canadians always bring up the War of 1812?  Is that the last victory you guys ever had....basically sending the British to capture Washington...only to retreat later?

I never said either lost or won the war.  By historical accounts, it was a stalemate.

Then our last one was the Battle of Panjwaii.

93JC

Quote from: JWC on February 17, 2007, 06:11:00 PM
We can, jokingly I assume, to continue to debate how many victories there were between the two, but....

at the time, the British still owned you. :lol:

True. But then it's just as easy for me to say anything that happened in the 13 Colonies prior to July 4th, 1776 was British history. ;)

JWC

Quote from: 93JC on February 17, 2007, 06:30:39 PM
True. But then it's just as easy for me to say anything that happened in the 13 Colonies prior to July 4th, 1776 was British history. ;)

Actually, living in one of the original 13, most locals consider it British-American history.  You are correct. 

There is "colonial" American history...then AMERICAN history.

Well, there is kinda of an overlap....starting around 1776.

S204STi

Quote from: 93JC on February 13, 2007, 04:42:40 PM
Why would we need guns to fend off bears?

Again, preposterous: we could kill bears with our own hands. Why do you think we kicked your ass in 1812?

We?  Whos's "we"?  You got a turd in your pocket or something, it was the british who pwned us in 1812, not you crazy canucks. :lol: