C&D tests full-size trucks

Started by VetteZ06, February 25, 2007, 02:48:16 PM

GoCougs

I finally received my issue. And I had to laugh a bit at this...

They marked down the Tundra big-time for rear seat space. Quite relevant considering that all trucks were crew cabs, but the Tundra was an extended cab.

They also gave major props to the Silverado for handling, but it was the only truck outfitted with 20" rims and street-biased, low profile tires.

FordSVT

They liked the Chevy better than the Toyota, it's their opinion, it can be different than yours, time to move on.

Really man, you need to stop taking this truck so personally. Did your mother design the Tundra or something?
-FordSVT-

TBR

Quote from: GoCougs on March 07, 2007, 08:26:49 PM
I finally received my issue. And I had to laugh a bit at this...

They marked down the Tundra big-time for rear seat space. Quite relevant considering that all trucks were crew cabs, but the Tundra was an extended cab.

They also gave major props to the Silverado for handling, but it was the only truck outfitted with 20" rims and street-biased, low profile tires.

The Tundra isn't an extended cab, no more so than the Ram Quad Cab is. Time to take off the Toyota tinted glasses please.

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on March 08, 2007, 08:04:40 AM
The Tundra isn't an extended cab, no more so than the Ram Quad Cab is. Time to take off the Toyota tinted glasses please.
Exactly.  The Tundra double cab and the Ram Quad Cabs are still Crew Cabs. 

GoCougs

Crew Max should've been tested, as that is what has been done in other tests in other publications (when testing other trucks' crew cab configurations, that is). Crying foul because the Crew Max is huge is incongruent.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on March 08, 2007, 08:21:59 AM
Crew Max should've been tested, as that is what has been done in other tests in other publications (when testing other trucks' crew cab configurations, that is). Crying foul because the Crew Max is huge is incongruent.
The Crew Max and the Mega Cab are major overkill.  Despite these being the biggest crew cabs both Toyota and Doge make, doesn't make the double cab and quad cab any less of a crew cab. 

VetteZ06

Quote from: GoCougs on March 08, 2007, 08:21:59 AM

That probably wouldn't have helped its case outside of the rear seat space issue.

TBR

Continue being a blindly baised idiot Cougs, we're all used to it. No one complained when the Ram Quad Cab was compared against the crew cab F-150, Titan, etc and that was the exact same situation. And, I am sure the Tundra got bonus points for its larger rear bed.

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on March 08, 2007, 05:02:01 PM
Continue being a blindly baised idiot Cougs, we're all used to it. No one complained when the Ram Quad Cab was compared against the crew cab F-150, Titan, etc and that was the exact same situation. And, I am sure the Tundra got bonus points for its larger rear bed.

Fear and Loathing in Las Tundra claims another victim...

(Your post could've done without the first sentence.)

TBR

What is so great about it? Evidently it doesn't drive that great, is stupidly fast (and I mean that as a bad thing, these aren't sports cars), is expensive, and is ugly. I wanted to like it, but I can't.

I don't see anyone complaining that the Mega Cab wasn't tested, that the Titan was a 2007 model instead of an updated 2008, or that they complained about the size of the F-150's bed even though it is available with a longer one. No comparision test is going to be perfect in everyone's eyes, they just have to get as close as they can.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see a Mega Cab v. Crewmax test in the future.

ifcar

The Tundra is big, it's powerful, it handles well, and generally has top-notch specifications. But the Silverado is much more comfortable and refined, and nicer inside; just a more pleasant daily-use vehicle. The Titan is pretty similar to the Tundra in most ways (when they have comparable versions) and sells for significantly less.

FordSVT

Quote from: TBR on March 08, 2007, 05:02:01 PM

Can't you just check the "ginormous rear bed" box on the F-150 options list if you want to put a small car back there? I've seen some F-150s with some looooong-ass boxes. And I mean, isn't that the point? Isn't that part of the reason why Ford and GM have been so successful with their trucks? They come in so many configurations anyone can find what they're looking for.
-FordSVT-