Woohooo ticket!

Started by 850CSi, March 10, 2007, 12:55:52 AM

sandertheshark

Quote from: SaltyDog on March 10, 2007, 12:12:13 PM
Geez, you're paying Purdue $xx,xxx in tuition and they slap you with this kind of lame-ass ticket?  I would be pissed.
Yeah, my school only charged $25.

dazzleman

Quote from: sandertheshark on March 22, 2007, 09:09:13 PM
Yeah, my school only charged $25.

$25 is so lame.  If I got fined $25 for something good, I'd offer them $25 more just to make it worth their trouble... :rolleyes:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 09:07:23 AM
Rich bastard. :rolleyes:

I'm far from rich, and I would laugh at a $25 ticket as well.  It'd be a waste of my time really.  At least make the penalty harsh enough that I'm going to reconsider my actions in the future.

:lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Not you, moron. I'm talking about THIS guy.

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2007, 08:52:18 AM
$25 is so lame.  If I got fined $25 for something good, I'd offer them $25 more just to make it worth their trouble... :rolleyes:

The Pirate

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 09:14:27 AM
Not you, moron. I'm talking about THIS guy.

I know that, ace.  I was echoing Dazzleman's sentiments.  Point being that I don't have a lot of money, but that fine still wouldn't be much of a deterrent to me.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on March 24, 2007, 09:18:08 AM

I know that, ace.? I was echoing Dazzleman's sentiments.? Point being that I don't have a lot of money, but that fine still wouldn't be much of a deterrent to me.

I think a weak punishment is worse than none at all.  Weak punishments only make me more determined to repeat the infraction, especially if it's something I like doing.

Stronger penalties will deter me, but I was trained young to laugh at and defy weak penalties.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 09:07:23 AM
Rich bastard. :rolleyes:

I had that attitude even when I had no money.

And, it's MISTER Rich Bastard to you, buddy..... :ohyeah:

TheIntrepid

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 09:24:22 AM
:rage: :P

Dude, I've taken so much weak punishment in my life, I learned very young to laugh at it, and continue doing what I wanted to do.  I always had a rebellious streak, so it wasn't hard for me to follow that train of thought.... :evildude:

TheIntrepid

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 09:26:20 AM
:praise:

The last time I got nailed for speeding, I only got fined $35.  I was grinning from ear to ear as I walked out of the courthouse.

As I said, I have a long tradition of laughing at lame punishments.  That pretty much sums up the second half of high school for me... :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2007, 09:47:56 AM
The last time I got nailed for speeding, I only got fined $35.  I was grinning from ear to ear as I walked out of the courthouse.

As I said, I have a long tradition of laughing at lame punishments.  That pretty much sums up the second half of high school for me... :lol:

You're a weird old coot David. :P

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 09:48:27 AM
You're a weird old coot David. :P

What's wierd about laughing at a lame fine?? Better than getting upset over it.? :confused:

Strange to be called wierd by a guy who has used the term 'e-penis...'  :lol:

sandertheshark

Quote from: The Pirate on March 24, 2007, 09:08:49 AM

I'm far from rich, and I would laugh at a $25 ticket as well.  It'd be a waste of my time really.  At least make the penalty harsh enough that I'm going to reconsider my actions in the future.

That's the way I felt.  Paying $25 when I occasionally got caught using the faculty/grad student parking lot next to my dorm building was worth it to me.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2007, 09:51:37 AM
What's wierd about laughing at a lame fine?  Better than getting upset over it.  :confused:

Strange to be called wierd by a guy who has used the term 'e-penis...'  :lol:

My e-penis is bigger than yours. :P

I was just playing David. :cheers:

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 01:34:13 PM
My e-penis is bigger than yours. :P

I was just playing David. :cheers:

I know, man.? ?:P :rockon:

I hope your day has been going well so far.  :ohyeah:

TheIntrepid

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 01:36:55 PM
Thanks. :praise:

And hopefully, you're not getting any of these nasty tickets.  We can't have you sully up your pristine record, man.... :lol: :evildude:

TheIntrepid

:P ... My parents said if I get a ticket, they won't let me drive for a year, and no new car. I know they'll stand by that too.

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 24, 2007, 01:44:29 PM
:P ... My parents said if I get a ticket, they won't let me drive for a year, and no new car. I know they'll stand by that too.

They're good parents.  I'd do the same thing.

I didn't start getting tickets until I was out from under my parents' authority.  I know they would have taken a similar stance if I had started getting tickets as a teenager.

It's good that you have that deterrent brake on potential crazy behavior.  More parents should be strict like that.

The Pirate

Yeah, my dad told me my license was gone if I got a ticket under his roof.  He even showed me the scissors he'd use to take it.  :mask:

Raghavan

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2007, 01:50:31 PM
They're good parents. I'd do the same thing.

I didn't start getting tickets until I was out from under my parents' authority. I know they would have taken a similar stance if I had started getting tickets as a teenager.

It's good that you have that deterrent brake on potential crazy behavior. More parents should be strict like that.
My dad said he'd take my license away for a month, but my mom said "Oh well, it's OK, what can you do? Just go slower next time".
And she said she wouldn't take away my license either.
:huh: :lol:

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on March 24, 2007, 03:02:41 PM
Yeah, my dad told me my license was gone if I got a ticket under his roof.? He even showed me the scissors he'd use to take it.? :mask:

When did you get your first ticket, Pirate?

dazzleman

Quote from: Raghavan on March 24, 2007, 03:04:03 PM
My dad said he'd take my license away for a month, but my mom said "Oh well, it's OK, what can you do? Just go slower next time".
And she said she wouldn't take away my license either.
:huh: :lol:

Did you actually get a ticket?  I thought your mom was the stricter parent.  She sounds more easy-going than your dad on this issue at least.

Raghavan

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2007, 08:12:51 PM
Did you actually get a ticket? I thought your mom was the stricter parent. She sounds more easy-going than your dad on this issue at least.
Nope, no ticket yet, but lately i've been driving like an idiot. I do about 50-60 on a 25 mph residential road...
And she speeds a lot and she hates it when people go slow so she doesn't really mind if i get a ticket or speed.
My dad's cool with speeding, usually i go 85-90 on the highways with him, but he wouldn't like it if i got a ticket, but i bet he wouldn't take my license away if i got a ticket...
My parents are too lenient for all the wrong things. :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: Raghavan on March 24, 2007, 08:19:54 PM
Nope, no ticket yet, but lately i've been driving like an idiot. I do about 50-60 on a 25 mph residential road...
And she speeds a lot and she hates it when people go slow so she doesn't really mind if i get a ticket or speed.
My dad's cool with speeding, usually i go 85-90 on the highways with him, but he wouldn't like it if i got a ticket, but i bet he wouldn't take my license away if i got a ticket...
My parents are too lenient for all the wrong things. :lol:

Interesting.  I thought they were strict about everything, but I guess I had the wrong impression.

Raghavan

Lately my mom has been really nice to me... :huh:
She hasn't yelled at me and we usually just joke around all day, and she's even really interested in my RC car stuff...
She asked me what happened to it when it melted and she was pretty excited when my rc stuff came...