My Esteemed Esteem

Started by Eye of the Tiger, March 12, 2007, 11:10:15 AM

SVT666

Ok.  Is it just me or does the entire engine look like it's covered in rust?

pommes-t

Congrats!

Now I am not the only one with 2 digit horsepower numbers anymore...  :lol:  :rockon:

the Teuton

I think that's an aluminum block, but in any case, it's all just corrosion.  My new engine had a ton of that.  The headers (?) towards the front of the engine are rusted though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 13, 2007, 11:59:07 AM
Ok.? Is it just me or does the entire engine look like it's covered in rust?

Yeah, it's that new silver kind of rust that magically happens to aluminium.  :rolleyes:

It's a 10-year old car that's been in Maine it's whole life, what do you expect?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Quote from: pommes-t on March 13, 2007, 12:20:18 PM
Now I am not the only one with 2 digit horsepower numbers anymore...  :lol:  :rockon:

The American version has a 784-hp V8 with a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds. 10 second 1/4 flat. :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 13, 2007, 02:26:43 PM
The American version has a 784-hp V8 with a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds. 10 second 1/4 flat. :ohyeah:

Where do I buy this "American version"?  :confused:

cawimmer430

Quote from: NACar on March 13, 2007, 02:31:51 PM
Where do I buy this "American version"?  :confused:

Isn't this the engine under your hood?   :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 13, 2007, 02:35:23 PM
Isn't this the engine under your hood? ? :devil:

No, I must have the Canadian version  :(

93JC

the Teuton

I think you should rally cross or bracket race someone.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2007, 06:16:27 PM
I think you should rally cross or bracket race someone.

I'm thinking of doing this "Slip n Slide Rallyx" in Belmont, New Hampshire:
http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/07/index.htm#slip
:rockon:

omicron

Wow, it's all happening in your life. This fair awesome Esteem, and all your basils have sprouted!

saxonyron

Nice ride and nice pics!? You don't need to buy a turbo kit.? Hell, you're already half way their with your fine air box mod.? All you need is:

+

= Big HP

You've got yourself a Turbo. :rockon:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: omicron on March 13, 2007, 09:25:46 PM
Wow, it's all happening in your life. This fair awesome Esteem, and all your basils have sprouted!

:rockon:

Quote from: saxonyron on March 13, 2007, 09:45:00 PM
Nice ride and nice pics!? You don't need to buy a turbo kit.? Hell, you're already half way their with your fine air box mod.? All you need is:

+

= Big HP

You've got yourself a Turbo. :rockon:

Have you seen that video where they hooked up a leaf-blower to a truck and it actually made a sizeable increase in power? Then they sprayed nitrous through the leafblower and it made even more.? :lol:

I just found Suzuki Racing Development, which is in the US, that sells larger throttle bodies for $80, as well as a nice header for only $150 (only catch is you have to weld on your own collector).

Then there is Suzisport which is in Aussieland, but sells all manner of internal and external engine parts.

I've also found out that many suspension parts from the Aerio will fit on Esteems. I'll definately have to look into that a bit more.

the Teuton

He most definitely has the space for that fanunder that hood.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Come to think of it, I've never used NAAAWWWWZZZZ on a car before... do you think the Esteem could handle a 50-shot?  :devil:

TheIntrepid

Then you could streetrace me in my sister's car. It would be interesting.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

How do you hook up a leaf blower to your airbox and get it to run with the car when you need it?  It's no more a horsepower adder than an industrial fan in front of your car to simulate motion when you're pulling a run on a dyno.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2007, 10:14:51 PM
How do you hook up a leaf blower to your airbox and get it to run with the car when you need it?? It's no more a horsepower adder than an industrial fan in front of your car to simulate motion when you're pulling a run on a dyno.

I suppose you could hook up a variable resistor to the throttle so it would vary the blower speed with the throttle position. Either that, or you could just hook it up to a switch that activates it only at wide-open throttle. Leafblowers don't take very long to get up to speed.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 13, 2007, 10:14:50 PM
Then you could streetrace me in my sister's car. It would be interesting.

I'd street race  your sister's car right now and still kick yer ass  :evildude:

the Teuton

If my car were running right now, I'd challenge you.  The 1.8 was good for a 18-19 sec. 1/4 mile.  I could take you, fool!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2007, 10:23:23 PM
If my car were running right now, I'd challenge you.? The 1.8 was good for a 18-19 sec. 1/4 mile.? I could take you, fool!

Oh, it's on now.  You better get that car running! :devil:

Raghavan

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2007, 10:23:23 PM
If my car were running right now, I'd challenge you. The 1.8 was good for a 18-19 sec. 1/4 mile. I could take you, fool!
Right now its quarter mile is limited to how fast you can push it. :lol:

the Teuton

Quote from: Raghavan on March 13, 2007, 11:11:07 PM
Right now its quarter mile is limited to how fast you can push it. :lol:

But soon, if tuned right, it should be a low 15 sec. car.  My dad's going to check on it this weekend.  In that case, I will be unstoppable.  Mwhahaha!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2007, 11:15:08 PM
But soon, if tuned right, it should be a low 15 sec. car.? My dad's going to check on it this weekend.? In that case, I will be unstoppable.? Mwhahaha!

Oooo... this is a 2.5 swap you're doing?

Eye of the Tiger

So I got these stickerz.... a pair of flames about as long as my hand, and a window decal that says RUBBIN' IS RACIN'
I'm scared I might put them on my car. :mask:

the Teuton

It might be worth it.  Then, post a pic on the FART forums.

TheIntrepid

:lol:

Are those forums still up?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 14, 2007, 09:22:47 AM
:lol:

Are those forums still up?

Yes, and they have threatened to take legal action against me  :lol: