Calgary Car Show - Ford F-450 Super Duty

Started by SVT666, March 16, 2007, 11:48:49 PM

SVT666

This truck's front end looks a little odd in pictures, but in person it works.  The interior is the big improvement.  Wow, it looks classy, yet iron tough at the same time...very industrial.

Raghavan

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

CJ

The Pirate

Quote from: CJ on March 17, 2007, 08:23:21 AM
It's a dually...

I'm assuming he means the front tires.  They do look skinny to me as well, but it could very well be that the rest of the truck is so massive that the tires consequently look small.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

mazda6er

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SVT666

Quote from: The Pirate on March 17, 2007, 08:39:30 AM

I'm assuming he means the front tires.? They do look skinny to me as well, but it could very well be that the rest of the truck is so massive that the tires consequently look small.
Front tires on duallies are usually skinnier. 

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: The Pirate on March 17, 2007, 08:39:30 AM

I'm assuming he means the front tires. They do look skinny to me as well, but it could very well be that the rest of the truck is so massive that the tires consequently look small.

Duallies have the same size wheel everywhere. Why do you suppose they have so much positive offset up front and none in the back? It's so that the spare tire can fit anywhere on the truck.

Why are they selling the F-450 to the general public?

SVT666

There's an F-550 pickup as well.  Apparently it can tow over 35,000 lbs.

chevyguy06

Dad and I are going to look at the F-350 and Silverado/Sierra 3500 when he gets his new truck this summer.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 12:08:43 AM
Why are those tires so skinny??

Ever seen a school bus with fat tires up front?  Didn't think so.

Submariner

n00b question

Why don't dualies simply use ultra-wide rear tires, instead of two at each end?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

Quote from: Submariner on March 17, 2007, 01:49:27 PM
n00b question

Four tires with 8 sidewalls can handle more weight then two tires with 4 sidewalls.

BMWDave

It actually doesnt look too bad.? It's a mean truck with the capability to back itself up.? The interior looks fairly tacky, but it's an improvement over the last generation.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 17, 2007, 01:39:35 PM
Ever seen a school bus with fat tires up front? Didn't think so.
Yeah, but those look like spare tires... May be the truck's hugeness though.

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on March 18, 2007, 01:02:53 PM
Yeah, but those look like spare tires... May be the truck's hugeness though.
Who gives a shit if they are skinny or not, this truck can haul 6000 lbs in the bed and tow more then 24,000 lbs. :rockon:

the Teuton

n00b question

Some people are converting their semi trucks to have wide tires instead of 4 in the back.  They say that it helps cut down on gas consumption, but it's still pretty expensive.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

nickdrinkwater

Would love to see the Stig take this around the track  :lol:

280Z Turbo

n00b question

I'm surprised you guys don't know how dualies work!

You have one kind of wheel, like this all around:

You mount them sticking out in the front and for the inner rear. The outer rear is flipped around. If one of the rear tires blow, you can still drive on it, but not for very long.

JWC

I driven the truck, drives good, quieter than the 6.0....but,

Ford needs to cut back on labeling everything on the truck "SuperDuty".  Overkill to say the least.

TBR

Have you all had any problems with the 6.4 yet? My local dealer doesn't seem to be selling too many of them, and Super Duties are very popular down here.

JWC

We haven't had any problems yet, but there have been some glitches in the truck's systems.  FMC's forum has had a few questions about problems other dealers are having, then there are a few SSMs and TSBs about climate control systems.  Nothing really about the engine itself, except to plug the block heater up one hour before starting if the temp is 25 degrees or less...and allow the engine to sit twenty minutes before checking the oil level or you will not get an accurate reading.

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 09:36:04 AM
There's an F-550 pickup as well.? Apparently it can tow over 35,000 lbs.

My father-in-law has one or two of those for his farm...wow those things haul!

SaltyDog

The oversized grille doesn't really suit my fancy.  It doesn't really matter though, cause it's an absolute beast.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

JWC

So much for that post.

Notice today from FMC....recall on 6.4...do not sell or demo until further notice.

SVT666

Quote from: JWC on March 22, 2007, 06:33:47 AM
So much for that post.

Notice today from FMC....recall on 6.4...do not sell or demo until further notice.
Ouch, that can't be good.

JWC

Flaming tail pipes....ya gotta love it!

It is a PCM software update.  Seems they have been aware of it for a while, since they mentioned it during tech training for the 6.4TC a couple of months ago.  I guess they were not going to make it public until they came up with a solution.  Details for the update are to be released tomorrow.

thewizard16

I disagree about the front end working in person. Personally, I thought it was one of the ugliest truck creations I'd seen in a long while.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SVT666

Quote from: thewizard16 on March 25, 2007, 11:59:13 AM
I disagree about the front end working in person. Personally, I thought it was one of the ugliest truck creations I'd seen in a long while.
I bet you didn't like the last gen Super Duty either.