***Wimmer Photographs The New C-Class!!!***

Started by cawimmer430, March 17, 2007, 10:38:07 AM

cawimmer430

Guys, I stopped by the local Mercedes-Benz dealership this afternoon and look what was up at the dealership.  :mrcool:
THIS!

Ok, so it looks pretty basic because it is a Classic trim level C-Class, but I came away with a good impression of the car.

First off, compared to the W203, the W204 looks a little more compact and sleeker. Interesting how they managed to squeeze more interior space out of this thing. The car looks pretty good, and this was a base model Classic version. Overall, the design looks fantastic in person. I just wish this were an Elegance or Avantgarde version for the Classic version still looks pretty empty and lacking in something. Overall though, sleek and dynamic looking.

The interior was the surprising part. The pictures cannot convey the quality look to it. I was pleasantly surprised from the visual aspect of the interior. The design is pretty cool and the dark plastics used look much more HQ than the plastics used in the W203. Also, there's more chrome or chrome imitating plastic on the inside which gives a more upscale impression. Looking good in this department.  :mrcool:

More pictures!

With the old BMW 3-Series in the background...

ALBUM: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2094393941
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Catman

It sucks.? It wouldn't even make my top 5 if I were shopping this class.? The front looks smashed in and so does the rear.? The tail lights are atrocious.? How the same company that makes the elegent E class made this i don't understand. :huh:  The BMW 3 whales the piss out of it.

The Pirate

I've never been a C-Class fan (as I'm sure you know :lol:), but that car really does look great.  I've never driven a C-class of any generation, but if the purported driving improvements are there, I'm sure it will be contender.

Again, I've really warmed up to the styling of the car.  The rear looks fantastic IMO, it's reminiscent of a first gen A5, albeit a bit more contoured.

:ohyeah:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

The Pirate

For the record, I do agree with Catman about the E-Class.  If I'm buying a Merc, the E-Class would be it.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Catman on March 17, 2007, 10:44:21 AM
It sucks.  It wouldn't even make my top 5 if I were shopping this class.  The front looks smashed in and so does the rear.  The tail lights are atrocious.  How the same company that makes the elegent E class made this i don't understand. :huh:  The BMW 3 whales the piss out of it.

The rear lights of the BMW 3er look like they came from a Hyundai.  :devil:

You won't piss me off with such comments. Design is subjective. Besides, this was an entry-level CLASSIC trim level C-Class, the type used by taxi and police fleets. Elegance and Avantgarde look better.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Catman

Quote from: The Pirate on March 17, 2007, 10:46:48 AM
For the record, I do agree with Catman about the E-Class.? If I'm buying a Merc, the E-Class would be it.

My point is that the E class looks so much more elegent.  This car looks like a Hyundai with a Mercedes grille. :P

cawimmer430

Quote from: The Pirate on March 17, 2007, 10:44:48 AM
I've never been a C-Class fan (as I'm sure you know :lol:), but that car really does look great.  I've never driven a C-class of any generation, but if the purported driving improvements are there, I'm sure it will be contender.

Again, I've really warmed up to the styling of the car.  The rear looks fantastic IMO, it's reminiscent of a first gen A5, albeit a bit more contoured.

The first reviews are pretty positive overall though the car isn't on the same level as a BMW 3-Series in sport and handling, but it is much improved over the W203.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Catman on March 17, 2007, 10:44:21 AM
It sucks.  It wouldn't even make my top 5 if I were shopping this class.  The front looks smashed in and so does the rear.  The tail lights are atrocious.  How the same company that makes the elegent E class made this i don't understand. :huh:  The BMW 3 whales the piss out of it.

I KNOW! Seriously, it looked awesome from pictures but this just looks like absolute ass. The damn E46 sedan looks much better and it's 2-3 years older.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 17, 2007, 11:24:03 AM
I KNOW! Seriously, it looked awesome from pictures but this just looks like absolute ass. The damn E46 sedan looks much better and it's 2-3 years older.

What kind of shit are you smoking? :rolleyes:

:lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

I don't think it would look too bad if they flipped the taillights upside down, but the rear looks decidedly droopy as it is now.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on March 17, 2007, 01:44:31 PM
I don't think it would look too bad if they flipped the taillights upside down, but the rear looks decidedly droopy as it is now.

I don't know, I kind of like the rear. It looks like inverted E-Class / SLK / CL lights and they add some sporty lines to the car. I think this car would look really hot in Elegance and Avantgarde trim. Classic is just too boring, lacks something...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

I think it looks clean and attractive except for the sagging rear end.

JYODER240

This one looks kinda cheap. It doesn't look classy like most MB's.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

cawimmer430

Quote from: JYODER240 on March 17, 2007, 02:36:29 PM
This one looks kinda cheap. It doesn't look classy like most MB's.

CLASSIC trim level...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 17, 2007, 02:56:11 PM
Classic or Elegance, no Mercedes should look this cheap. :nono:

I don't know what you're worrying about. The Classic trim level will only be sold in Europe and maybe Canada but not America. Also, look at these CLASSIC trim E-Class taxis...

Wow, Imageshack totally sucks ****. Takes friggin minutes to upload a low quality shot. Shitbox Imageshack.  :rolleyes:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on March 17, 2007, 03:08:47 PM
Works fine for me.

Here in Europe, this trim level is popular with people who want a Mercedes and don't want to pay too much for this and that. It's not the style and trim that matters, it's the badge. A Mercedes is a Mercedes.  ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on March 17, 2007, 03:14:03 PM
I haven't had a problem with it today.

I always have a problem with it. It takes forever to upload images, even if they're LQ. :lockedup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 17, 2007, 03:14:56 PM
I always have a problem with it. It takes forever to upload images, even if they're LQ. :lockedup:

Then perhaps the problem is on your end.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on March 17, 2007, 03:15:34 PM
Then perhaps the problem is on your end.

When I use IE, it works better, but when I use Mozilla Firefox, Imageshack seems to be unresponsive. And I hate using IE nowadays...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raghavan

It's not bad, but i saw a white older C today and it looked so much better than this thing.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 03:33:24 PM
It's not bad, but i saw a white older C today and it looked so much better than this thing.

They're both RWD.  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raghavan

And they're both POS's.
My mom wanted a C class when we drove by the Toyota dealership the other day...

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 03:38:23 PM
And they're both POS's.
My mom wanted a C class when we drove by the Toyota dealership the other day...

POS? :nono:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raghavan

YES.
If I'm going to get any Mercedes Benz, it'd be the SLK350 with 6speed.
Otherwise, i'll look elsewhere.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 03:42:07 PM
YES.
If I'm going to get any Mercedes Benz, it'd be the SLK350 with 6speed.
Otherwise, i'll look elsewhere.

Go drive a FWD Honda.
:rolleyes:  :evildude:

www.wimmerfotografie.de