***Wimmer Photographs The New C-Class!!!***

Started by cawimmer430, March 17, 2007, 10:38:07 AM

Raghavan

Oh wait, i'd rather have an S2000 over an SLK. :devil:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 03:46:36 PM
Oh wait, i'd rather have an S2000 over an SLK. :devil:

You'd rather drive a lawnmower than an SLK?  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raghavan

Better than a turd with a folding metal roof. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ro51092

I'll take a Z4 M or a Boxster over an SLK.

Oh, and in classic, this looks cheap, and bad. It makes the older E46 look good (I'm resisting the urge to troll here...)

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: ro51092 on March 17, 2007, 03:57:38 PM
I'll take a Z4 M or a Boxster over an SLK.

Oh, and in classic, this looks cheap, and bad. It makes the older E46 look good (I'm resisting the urge to troll here...)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raghavan

You do NOT want to start it up with the smiley whore. :nono:

Catman

Wimmer, your blind following of Mercedes has gone too far.  This car is so unexceptional it's not funny.  Even the steering wheel looks bad.  It has a droopy butt and a stubby nose.  The old model looks better IMO.  In this case Jake Miller has it right, even a G35 is much nicer.  Sorry man, but the car stinks. :tounge:

280Z Turbo

I'm suprised the EU still lets Mercedes have that hood ornament.

Looks like it could hurt some drunk-ass pedestrian when he wanders in front of your car. On the plus side, it appears the new front end was designed by Serta so he can take a nap on your front end.

omicron

Not a fan. It manages to look droopy and stupidly upright all at the same time. Plus, one could build a house in the vast panel gap between the bonnet and front fender.

......and that F'ING AWFUL STEERING WHEEL.

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 17, 2007, 11:24:03 AM
I KNOW! Seriously, it looked awesome from pictures but this just looks like absolute ass. The damn E46 sedan looks much better and it's 2-3 years older.

I totally agree, this C class looks like something Kia would make.? That older E46 really makes this C class look like a cheap economy car through and through.? Everything about it's shape just screams economy.

goldenlover1101

I hate to say it, but I have to agree that it looks like a Hyundai.  I like Mercs and this looked good in pics but here it is awful. Classic trim or not, the overall design is the same in all trim levels and it looks bad. I hope AMG can do something with it.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

ro51092

This example of the W204 makes this:

look like a damn Porsche.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

I like it, actually.  On the contrary I think the E90 looks low-rent.  The E92 is one of my favorite cars right now, OTOH.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cawimmer430

Quote from: Catman on March 17, 2007, 06:02:52 PM
Wimmer, your blind following of Mercedes has gone too far.  This car is so unexceptional it's not funny.  Even the steering wheel looks bad.  It has a droopy butt and a stubby nose.  The old model looks better IMO.  In this case Jake Miller has it right, even a G35 is much nicer.  Sorry man, but the car stinks. :tounge:

This is your opinion, I on the other hand think this car looks very good. The older C-Class was always a decent car in the design department, but it looked a tad boring compared to the Audi A4 etc. The new C-Class takes care of this while remaining conservative, but with some flashy and dynamic design cues (which includes the rear). I'll be driving one soon too. :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: 565 on March 17, 2007, 08:42:14 PM
Everything about it's shape just screams economy.

That's because you're looking at an economy / cheap trim level. These are the higher spec trim levels.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Catman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 18, 2007, 06:15:34 AM
That's because you're looking at an economy / cheap trim level. These are the higher spec trim levels.

The white one looks decent but I suspect the rear will still look bad unless there's a lip on the trunk lid. 

cawimmer430

Also, I love Mercedes-Benz, that's no secret but I am no blind fanboy. I think I have to defend the C-Class here. I subscribe to Mercedes Magazin, the inhouse publication of this brand. They had a special feature on the new C-Class that provided detailed insights into the design etc.

To me, this car looks hot, very hot. The old W203 C-Class looks boring and outdated. And while the new C-Class isn't exactly ground breaking in terms of design, it looks dynamic, fresh and elegant and that's what matters. Besides, the vast majority of customers want something a bit conservative and this is one reason why the C-Class was styled in this form. We should applaud Mercedes for allowing customers to individualize their C-Class so dramatically with the Elegance or Avantgarde trim options. I agree that the Classic trim shown here lacks something, but that's because it is a base trim made for taxi, police, rental and business fleets. Most private buyers opt for the higher spec trim levels.

There was also an interview with Peter Pfeiffer, the design boss at Mercedes and he mentioned that a large part of the design inspiration for the new C-Class came from the 1982-1993 190-Series (W201). Essentially, the W204 is a semi-retro-styled 190-Series with modern, more dynamic design cues. And as someone who spends a great deal reading and being around Mercedes, I do see some elements of the 190-Series in this car.

And to me, and many others, the C-Class looks pretty good. Alone in Germany, there are already over 55,000 orders for this car. Let's not even mention all of Europe. And this car doesn't look anything like a Kia or Hyundai.  :nono:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Catman on March 18, 2007, 06:30:16 AM
The white one looks decent but I suspect the rear will still look bad unless there's a lip on the trunk lid. 

I don't know why people hate the rear so much. I think it looks very sporty.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

That white paint does look very good on the new C class. Dark colors imo do not put it in a favorable light.  All in all it looks good without being anything to get excited about.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on March 18, 2007, 06:46:29 AM
  All in all it looks good without being anything to get excited about.

As do most Mercedes, with the exception of the CLS, SLK and S-Class.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 18, 2007, 06:47:17 AM
As do most Mercedes, with the exception of the CLS, SLK and S-Class.

I still consider the current Sl the best roadster on the market and it turns my head whenever I see one. I would say that, that is currently the best looking benz with the E class taking second place. The SLK and and CLS imo had a WOW factor when they came out but the styling did not age to well. The S class looks very elegant but I can not get over the huge cave covering the instrumentation that should have been broken up into two seperate segments.

Catman

See?  This view just ruins the whole car for me.  Had they made the car a few inches longer and raised the deck lid up it would look pretty nice.  But, unfortunately, someone decided to drop a piano on the trunk. Holy crap I just noticed how the hood closes on the front fender.  That seam looks awful. :nono:

Look at this G35

It's a smart looking car, not the best out there but at least Infiniti was able to create a short rear deck without it looking droopy.  Plus it looks wide and planted as a sport sedan should.  The new C looks tall, narrow and droopy at the same time.  It's a disaster. :tounge:

Galaxy

Quote from: Catman on March 18, 2007, 06:55:13 AM

See? This view just ruins the whole car for me. Had they made the car a few inches longer and raised the deck lid up it would look pretty nice.

If they raised the lid they would have gotten a BMW 6er, 7er effect. The more I look at the white one the more I like it, but the silver one and the bronze one do not look right in fact they look awful. Which is unusual since a Mercedes traditionally looks good in silver.

Catman

Quote from: Galaxy on March 18, 2007, 07:04:02 AM
If they raised the hood they would have gotten a BMW 6er, 7er effect. The more I look at the white one the more I like it, but the silver one and the bronze one do not look right in fact they look awful. Which is unusual since a Mercedes traditionally looks good in silver.

The gray one above looks pretty good but they needed to put the camera on the ground to eliminate the droop.