GT2 Spy pics.

Started by 565, March 18, 2007, 08:19:56 PM

mazda6er

hahaha looks like Uncle Ben had a crack at this one already.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Minpin

whats with the blinkers in the front fascia? Are those commonplace in porsches? They look kinda..off...
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Catman

Is that a Saleen Porsche?

Quote from: Catman on March 18, 2007, 08:28:26 PM
Is that a Saleen Porsche?

I agree the gills are a bit much, but probably the body work isn't final.

the Teuton

I'd take it, but why are they testing in wintery conditions with RWD and sport tires?  That would be a hoot to drive there.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on March 18, 2007, 08:38:12 PM
I'd take it, but why are they testing in wintery conditions with RWD and sport tires?? That would be a hoot to drive there.

GT2 is AWD. :ohyeah:

Pancor

Quote from: R-inge on March 18, 2007, 08:53:25 PM
GT2 is AWD. :ohyeah:

The 996 wasn't, is the 997?

And that car definately has winter tires on it!

Raghavan

ro51092

Quote from: R-inge on March 18, 2007, 08:53:25 PM
GT2Turbo is AWD. :ohyeah:

;)

The GT2 deletes the AWD from the Turbo to save weight.

goldenlover1101

I like the blinkers in the fascia, they lend a technical look to the familiar face. overall i like, aggressive and different enough from its bretheren.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Colonel Cadillac

The 996 version was much better looking.

Michael Estorol

Quote from: the Teuton on March 18, 2007, 08:38:12 PM
I'd take it, but why are they testing in wintery conditions with RWD and sport tires?? That would be a hoot to drive there.

maybe they're trying to test the rollcage.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Michael Estorol on March 19, 2007, 12:19:13 AM
maybe they're trying to test the rollcage.

ROFLes

I've always wondered what the point of the GT2 was. We already have the Turbo and the GT3...

r0tor

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 19, 2007, 04:51:36 AM
I've always wondered what the point of the GT2 was. We already have the Turbo and the GT3...

to obliterate every other car out there?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

JYODER240

I'd like to meet the person who buys a GT2.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Minpin

Quote from: JYODER240 on March 19, 2007, 10:20:11 AM
I'd like to meet the person who buys a GT2.

Then proceed to laugh loudly as they try to explain why they bought it and not the gt3 or even the turbo.  :praise:

JYODER240

Quote from: Minpin on March 19, 2007, 05:24:21 PM
Then proceed to laugh loudly as they try to explain why they bought it and not the gt3 or even the turbo.? :praise:

Its not a dumb desicion to get a GT2, you just have to be a little insane to want a stripped down RWD Turbo. I've driven a 996 Turbo and they're a pretty crazy ride. Taking the same car with RWD and less weight must be insanity.

Raghavan

I'd stick with the GT3.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raghavan on March 19, 2007, 08:12:55 PM
I'd stick with the GT3.

It's the drivers car of 911's. The used car manager at my work is going to try and get one in this summer. If he does i'll be able to spend some time in it.

Minpin

Quote from: JYODER240 on March 19, 2007, 08:11:44 PM
Its not a dumb desicion to get a GT2, you just have to be a little insane to want a stripped down RWD Turbo. I've driven a 996 Turbo and they're a pretty crazy ride. Taking the same car with RWD and less weight must be insanity.

I'm sure its insane, but i'd still rather have a GT3.  :lol:

Raghavan

Quote from: JYODER240 on March 19, 2007, 08:14:26 PM
It's the drivers car of 911's. The used car manager at my work is going to try and get one in this summer. If he does i'll be able to spend some time in it.
Oh man, if he does, you're so lucky!

the Teuton

This is why Porsche makes so much money.  It's a stripped out, faster version that will most likely be far more expensive than your run-of-the-mill 911 Turbo.  I want one, though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 19, 2007, 04:51:36 AM
ROFLes

The GT2 is the fusion of the two.  Turbo power (or more) with GT3 weight. 

The 996 GT2 is one of my favorite Porsches ever.  This one is not at all far behind.  I love it, it's beautiful, I need one, and I'd easily and quickly kill for one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

Quote from: Minpin on March 19, 2007, 05:24:21 PM
Then proceed to laugh loudly as they try to explain why they bought it and not the gt3 or even the turbo.? :praise:

:confused:

Why?  The 996 GT2 was insane.  If I had unlimited funds I'd get the GT2 over the GT3, I think.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on March 20, 2007, 11:02:41 AM
The GT2 is the fusion of the two.  Turbo power (or more) with GT3 weight. 

The 996 GT2 is one of my favorite Porsches ever.  This one is not at all far behind.  I love it, it's beautiful, I need one, and I'd easily and quickly kill for one.

Haha, I agree completely.  This car will likely be friggin crazy  :rockon:
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Tave

EEEEvviil.  Like the fru-its of the deevviil.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

J86

Every time I look at pictures of 911s, I get a boner.

TMI?

sandertheshark

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 18, 2007, 09:24:42 PM
The 996 version was much better looking.
Yes it was.  This isn't bad though.

The GT2 is the only 911 I'm remotely interested in.