2007 Hyundai Elantra

Started by BMWDave, June 14, 2005, 11:09:21 PM

BMWDave

Both Hyundai and its wholly owned companion brand, Kia, know it takes plenty of pre-production testing to work out the bugs on any new vehicle. That's why they test their new vehicles all over the globe, in all kinds of weather, and on all kinds of roads. And the results are starting to show, with Hyundai getting outstanding results in recent vehicle-quality surveys.

The extent of their testing is shown in these latest shots of a 2007 Hyundai Elantra undergoing testing - with the car in nearly final form a full two years before going into production. This kind of years-long testing program is hugely expensive, but saves money in the long run by eliminating costly product defects and reducing the company's warranty costs.

The new Elantra appears larger than the current Elantra that it will replace, and it has more modern styling with a more rounded roofline and a higher beltline.

The photos give a clear view of the Elantra from front and rear, revealing its styling and clearly showing the dual exhausts, alloy wheels, and fog lights on this deluxe model.

What do you think?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Looks like the new Jetta from the front, the new Sonata from the rear. For now, I'd say the look works.

mazda6er

Some parts of it remind me of C-class spy shots. Looks ok, I suppose. I'll assume the dual exhuast is not chromed for camo purposes, but if they intend to make the production models like that, I think I'll pass.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

The rear looks a lot like the Sonata's and the front looks like the Altima's. All in all, I like it and dual exhausts, though dual exhausts are an interesting touch for a 4 cylinder econo box.  

BMWDave

QuoteThe rear looks a lot like the Sonata's and the front looks like the Altima's. All in all, I like it and dual exhausts, though dual exhausts are an interesting touch for a 4 cylinder econo box.
They would be purely cosmetic, and I'm not sure people want to have a "boy racer" look on an econobox.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteThe rear looks a lot like the Sonata's and the front looks like the Altima's. All in all, I like it and dual exhausts, though dual exhausts are an interesting touch for a 4 cylinder econo box.
They would be purely cosmetic, and I'm not sure people want to have a "boy racer" look on an econobox.
I realize that, I have just never seen dual exhausts on a sub 20k car and was therefore sort of surprised. However, I really don't think it will be a negative thing at all.  

BMWDave

I realize that, I have just never seen dual exhausts on a sub 20k car and was therefore sort of surprised. However, I really don't think it will be a negative thing at all.
If they are done subtedly, it would be a nice cosmetic touch.  But anything more than that and you get into boy racer territory.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

My car has dual exhuast for under 20k, as does the upcoming Hyundai Sonata, the Hyundai Tiburon, I think there are few more, but I can't remember.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

My car has dual exhuast for under 20k, as does the upcoming Hyundai Sonata, the Hyundai Tiburon, I think there are few more, but I can't remember.
Maybe I just don't pay that much attention to exhaust pipes then. ;)

BMWDave

The Hyundai Tiburon is a sporty coupe, the Mazda6 is a sporty sedan, and on SUVs, dual tailpipes dont look boy racer IMO.  

Just go point something out...there are no dual pipes on the mazda3.  I see no reason for a sub 20K econocar to have them.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

QuoteThe Hyundai Tiburon is a sporty coupe, the Mazda6 is a sporty sedan, and on SUVs, dual tailpipes dont look boy racer IMO.  

Just go point something out...there are no dual pipes on the mazda3.  I see no reason for a sub 20K econocar to have them.
People that know little about cars will think it's a sports car, especially if they see one in red.  :o  It's been all I can do to convince my parents that cops aren't trolling the streets for Mazda6s.  :D  
--Mark

TBR

QuoteThe Hyundai Tiburon is a sporty coupe, the Mazda6 is a sporty sedan, and on SUVs, dual tailpipes dont look boy racer IMO. 

Just go point something out...there are no dual pipes on the mazda3.  I see no reason for a sub 20K econocar to have them.
People that know little about cars will think it's a sports car, especially if they see one in red.  :o  It's been all I can do to convince my parents that cops aren't trolling the streets for Mazda6s.  :D
lol