Off-road Patriot is Surprisingly Capable: Trail Rated Model Rugged, Affordable

Started by Atomic, March 26, 2007, 04:09:21 PM

Atomic

Quote from: J86 on March 26, 2007, 06:16:00 PM
the Compass is realyl fucking ugly

good news for YOU  :lol:! the jeep compass was built primarily for the female market, due to the feedback of the voice of women. you are still viewed as a manly man, man  ;)!

Jeep's Fender Gender-bender

By: Bradford Wernle

For: Automotive News, March 19, 2007

Brother and Sister Act: Chrysler Counted on the Jeep Compass and Patriot Twins to Appeal to Different Kinds of Buyers. Unlike Traditional Jeeps, the Compass was Expected to Win Over Women. Here?s How the Numbers are Trending.

Median Female Age of Buyers/Percentage of Female Buyers Buyers*

Compass 42/51%

Patriot 39/43%

All Jeeps 43/39%

*January 1 2007-March 4, 2007

Source: Power Information Network 

The Jeep Compass and Patriot are fraternal twins. Their parents are the same, but the twins don't necessarily look like it. The Patriot is the good son, the Compass the wayward daughter.

Put another way, the Patriot is more of a guy's vehicle, a traditional Jeep that reminds some of the much-missed Cherokee. The Compass trends toward women, not Jeep's traditional audience.

At least that's the way the numbers are looking so far, and it's more or less how Chrysler marketers planned it.

Men outnumber women among Patriot buyers 57 to 43 percent, while women outnumber men 51 to 49 percent among Compass buyers, according to the Power Information Network. The data track sales from Jan. 1-March 4.

The Compass: A softer look meant to attract female buyers

The Compass and Patriot are derived from the same platform. Jeep product planners went ahead with both the Patriot and Compass because the designs appealed to such different audiences in the company's research. The Compass arrived in dealerships last fall, while the Patriot began arriving early this year.

"The softer look on the Compass is more appealing to females," says Randy Fuller, president of Pinetop Motors, a Jeep store in Show Low, Ariz.

Says Ron Kutz, president of Dallas Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep in Dallas: "The Patriot tends to be more Jeep-ish and thus becomes more of a man's vehicle."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Atomic on April 01, 2007, 07:53:23 PM
good news for YOU? :lol:! the jeep compass was built primarily for the female market, due to the feedback of the voice of women. you are still viewed as a manly man, man? ;)!

Jeep's Fender Gender-bender

By: Bradford Wernle

For: Automotive News, March 19, 2007

Brother and Sister Act: Chrysler Counted on the Jeep Compass and Patriot Twins to Appeal to Different Kinds of Buyers. Unlike Traditional Jeeps, the Compass was Expected to Win Over Women. Here?s How the Numbers are Trending.
?
Median Female Age of Buyers/Percentage of Female Buyers Buyers*

Compass 42/51%

Patriot 39/43%

All Jeeps 43/39%

*January 1 2007-March 4, 2007

Source: Power Information Network?

The Jeep Compass and Patriot are fraternal twins. Their parents are the same, but the twins don't necessarily look like it. The Patriot is the good son, the Compass the wayward daughter.

Put another way, the Patriot is more of a guy's vehicle, a traditional Jeep that reminds some of the much-missed Cherokee. The Compass trends toward women, not Jeep's traditional audience.

At least that's the way the numbers are looking so far, and it's more or less how Chrysler marketers planned it.

Men outnumber women among Patriot buyers 57 to 43 percent, while women outnumber men 51 to 49 percent among Compass buyers, according to the Power Information Network. The data track sales from Jan. 1-March 4.

The Compass: A softer look meant to attract female buyers

The Compass and Patriot are derived from the same platform. Jeep product planners went ahead with both the Patriot and Compass because the designs appealed to such different audiences in the company's research. The Compass arrived in dealerships last fall, while the Patriot began arriving early this year.

"The softer look on the Compass is more appealing to females," says Randy Fuller, president of Pinetop Motors, a Jeep store in Show Low, Ariz.

Says Ron Kutz, president of Dallas Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep in Dallas: "The Patriot tends to be more Jeep-ish and thus becomes more of a man's vehicle."

So what you're saying is, women are buying the Compass because they're stupid? Makes sense to me.  :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Atomic

So what you're saying is, women are buying the Compass because they're stupid? Makes sense to me.    :lol:

actually, jeep succeeded in it's mission. jeep and women win, dude  :praise: !

mazda6er

Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PM
My dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good. [Edit: He loves them good?  Was I drunk when I wrote that?]
hahahahahahahahahahaha! That's gotta be sigged. The best part is that Samauri is not only a car, but a male warrior. hhahaha and your dad loves them good!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Atomic

Quote from: mazda6er on April 02, 2007, 06:05:54 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha! That's gotta be sigged. The best part is that Samauri is not only a car, but a male warrior. hhahaha and your dad loves them good!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'll drink to the above  :partyon: ! cheers, men  :tounge:!

Atomic

jeep has done a great job redesigning most of it's line-up (i.e. '07 wranger, '08 grand cherokee, '08 liberty)! the patriot should do very well. i fell in love with it after a test drive. the compass? it's not for me, but it is doing quite well. women love it -- it's target market. kudos jeep  :ohyeah:!

Atomic

my company just purchased two jeep patriots; trading in a couple of subaru forester wagons. the jeeps are great -- especially for the price. quality of materials are on par for a vehicle in it's price range. the subarus have been excellent all around! the issues with the 'subs: price, and much less so, the not much fun to drive factor.

i'll take one of the patriots on a weekend trip begining tomorrow. i'll keep you posted! i'm excited  :lol:!

oh! female staff members thought we should've done with the cuter (their opinion, not that of the men) jeep compass. thank goodness we received a better deal on the loaded (for a patriot) models that the board selected for business purposes.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Atomic on April 12, 2007, 06:17:17 PM
my company just purchased two jeep patriots; trading in a couple of subaru forester wagons. the jeeps are great -- especially for the price. quality of materials are on par for a vehicle in it's price range. the subarus have been excellent all around! the issues with the 'subs: price, and much less so, the not much fun to drive factor.

i'll take one of the patriots on a weekend trip begining tomorrow. i'll keep you posted! i'm excited? :lol:!

oh! female staff members thought we should've done with the cuter (their opinion, not that of the men) jeep compass. thank goodness we received a better deal on the loaded (for a patriot) models that the board selected for business purposes.

Oh, thank goodness those women didn't get their way!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Atomic

Quote from: NACar on April 12, 2007, 06:27:54 PM

Oh, thank goodness those women didn't get their way!

amen, good man!

if they did, atomic would...  :partyon: !!!

omicron

Compass 42/51%

Patriot 39/43%

Says Steve, 'Half of all Compass buyers are men, and just under half of all Patriot buyers, too!'

Says Cindy, 'Half of all Compass buyers are women, and just over half of all Patriot buyers, too!'.

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: Atomic on April 12, 2007, 06:17:17 PM

i'll take one of the patriots on a weekend trip begining tomorrow. i'll keep you posted! i'm excited  :lol:!

Please do so. Can you keep mileage estimates too? I realize their new, but any indication would be good. The biggest complaint I hear is acceleration with the CVT. I'm not sure if you'll have time to evaluate passing power or not, but I'd be interested in hearing that.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

Atomic

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on April 15, 2007, 05:41:02 PM
Please do so. Can you keep mileage estimates too? I realize their new, but any indication would be good. The biggest complaint I hear is acceleration with the CVT. I'm not sure if you'll have time to evaluate passing power or not, but I'd be interested in hearing that.

sorry for that late reply! away on business again. will share stats with you when the data becomes available  :ohyeah: !