So this is the 2008 WRX. Glad I bought the 07!

Started by S204STi, March 26, 2007, 09:06:42 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8322.msg398953#msg398953 date=1174969435
It's definitely a Mazda3 chop.

I really don't think so.  :(
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ro51092

LonghornTX

I am sorry, but that is hideous.  I really liked the previous models, but looking at this, I am not even going to bother test driving.....
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

850CSi

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on March 26, 2007, 10:26:18 PM
I really don't think so.  :(

Two cars aren't that similar by accident, and Subaru isn't the copying type.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

I find it hard to believe that the company that makes the Legacy could design such a horrid car.

the Teuton

Quote from: 850CSi on March 26, 2007, 10:59:06 PM
Here's to hoping that it really is a chop.

Come on, you have to admit that we all thought the bugeye was ugly when it came out, there were mixed feelings when the next version came out, and we all thought the airplane look was ugly when it came out (sorry Roy).  I think this will grow on all of us in time, but I am sticking with my favorite look and updating to the second version of the first gen with my car.  Too bad you can't retrofit front ends onto the newer cars, though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TBR

I never thought the airplane look was ugly...

the Teuton

I did, but I really like it now.  Heck, I almost like the BMW 7 Series pre-update now.

TBR

I can't get over the trunk. That has always been the case though.

850CSi

Quote from: the Teuton on March 26, 2007, 11:03:17 PM
Come on, you have to admit that we all thought the bugeye was ugly when it came out, there were mixed feelings when the next version came out, and we all thought the airplane look was ugly when it came out (sorry Roy).? I think this will grow on all of us in time, but I am sticking with my favorite look and updating to the second version of the first gen with my car.? Too bad you can't retrofit front ends onto the newer cars, though.

I don't 'warm up' to designs. I've always liked the bugeye, didn't mind the one after it, and I don't like the front end on the current one.

I hated the 7-Series when it first came out, and I still think it's a pretty ugly car.

I do dislike some cars more though as time goes on. I initially liked the 6-Series and G35, now I think they're both ugly.

ifcar

I like it.

I don't think they'd be inventing exterior images when they have a picture of the interior, I'm guessing those are embargoed Subaru press photos.

SVT666

BimmerM3

What a hideous piece of machinery. The only thing that I really like about it is the front half of the side profile.

Quote from: the Teuton on March 26, 2007, 11:03:17 PM
Come on, you have to admit that we all thought the bugeye was ugly when it came out, there were mixed feelings when the next version came out, and we all thought the airplane look was ugly when it came out (sorry Roy).  I think this will grow on all of us in time, but I am sticking with my favorite look and updating to the second version of the first gen with my car.  Too bad you can't retrofit front ends onto the newer cars, though.

As far as warming up to cars go, I don't see this happening in this case. IMO, this is honestly one of the worst looking new cars that I can remember in quite some time (Pontiac Aztec comes to mind). As far as past Imprezas go, I loved the bug eye and I only disliked the one after it because it wasn't a bug eye, even though it was still damn good looking. As far as the airplane look went, I hated it (and still hate it) on the Tribeca, but I thought that it always seemed to work with the Impreza.  :huh:

Regardless, this is horrible.

goldenlover1101

I am praying this is a chop like you guys tihnk it is

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

the Teuton

Check out this chop.  It looks so much better than the "real" thing and very little has actually been done with it.

Secret Chimp

That first front shot looks like a Kia Spectra 5.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Catman

Why would they combine a swoopy grille and headlights with edgy and creased sides?  The rear is angular too.  Doesn't mesh right. 

thewizard16

I think it's a chop, but if it's not, they certainly didn't improve anything stylistically.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Payman

Raghavan

I thought the Mitsu was a little ugly but nonetheless not a bad car but compared to this it's a beauty.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raghavan on March 27, 2007, 09:40:24 PM
I thought the Mitsu was a little ugly but nonetheless not a bad car but compared to this it's a beauty.
I actually like the Mitsu a lot :tounge:.  It is much more aggressive than the older model.  But lets be real here, just about any car is going to look better than this  :evildude:.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

850CSi

Quote from: Payman on March 27, 2007, 09:37:57 PM
Mitsubishi must be laughing its hole off.

Especially since its a role reversal (at least to me). The last Lancer IMO was one of the ugliest cars on the road (It's proportions looked like a toddler drew it) and the STi always looked better.

I'm somewhat impartial to the new Lancer. I would change a few things, but it's certainly not a bad-looking car, well-proportioned actually.

850CSi

Quote from: the Teuton on March 27, 2007, 03:48:23 PM
Check out this chop.? It looks so much better than the "real" thing and very little has actually been done with it.

It does look way better, but it still looks like the car equivalent of someone who was jacked in the face a couple days ago with a bat and has a a black eye and bruised lips and crazy shit.

giant_mtb

I don't like the wagon/hatch idea.  If someone wants the wagon, they'll specify for the wagon.  Leave the rest of 'em as sedans, dammit.  It looks like a damn econo-car.  Then again, I'm sure it's a chop.  :lockedup:

Payman

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 28, 2007, 04:42:59 AM
I don't like the wagon/hatch idea.? If someone wants the wagon, they'll specify for the wagon.? Leave the rest of 'em as sedans, dammit.? It looks like a damn econo-car.? Then again, I'm sure it's a chop.? :lockedup:

The car in your sig looks way better. I've even grown to like the "airplane" snout.

Raza

Quote from: Payman on March 28, 2007, 05:16:36 AM
The car in your sig looks way better. I've even grown to like the "airplane" snout.

I hated it at first.  The blobeye was my favorite, and then I saw the hawkeye next to the blobeye and I was convinced. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8322.msg400105#msg400105 date=1175092372
I hated it at first.? The blobeye was my favorite, and then I saw the hawkeye next to the blobeye and I was convinced.?

So, does that mean you like this?:

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)