So this is the 2008 WRX. Glad I bought the 07!

Started by S204STi, March 26, 2007, 09:06:42 PM

Raza

No, not at all.  The Impreza's face works though.  In order, from my favorite to least:

(ignore the fact that it's an STi)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: NACar on March 28, 2007, 08:51:24 AM
All of them work, but I like the STI best.

STi or STI?  There's a difference.

I've driven an STI.  I may need to drive it again, but I did find it a bit dull and not as fun as a standard WRX.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8322.msg400123#msg400123 date=1175093808
STi or STI?? There's a difference.

I've driven an STI.? I may need to drive it again, but I did find it a bit dull and not as fun as a standard WRX.

Ok you got me. What is the difference?

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on March 28, 2007, 08:59:39 AM
Ok you got me. What is the difference?

It's been the STI from 2005 on.  It used to be the STi from 1992 until 2004.  It's like when Mercedes-Benz changed the 500SL into the SL500--it's the same kind of thing.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on March 28, 2007, 08:47:05 AM
No, not at all.  The Impreza's face works though.  In order, from my favorite to least:

(ignore the fact that it's an STi)

Agree, though I don't care for the current taillights.

S204STi

S204STi

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8322.msg398953#msg398953 date=1174969435
It's definitely a Mazda3 chop.

It's definitely not.

the Teuton

I'm a fan of the big-ass foglights.  Bugeye  :rockon:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230616

"Are the Motor Trend Pictures real, or just another lame photoshop attempt?
While the images may have been chopped a bit in post production to optimize contrast and color, they are of the actual vehicle. Every manufacturer holds press events these days to introduce their cars exclusively to members of the press. The press may sometimes drive, shoot photos, inspect and even test the cars with the manufacturer's permission. This is where "First Looks" come from in auto magazines everywhere. What we know right now, is that Subaru allowed the press to photograph the new car in a studio (to avoid the public eye) and gave them a healthy dollop of specs and marketing hype in the form of a press release. Magazines will all be reporting on basically the same information, including as much or as little of the press release material as they feel is necessary for their readership.. and most of them will have images of cars shot in the same studio. Expect them to be chopped onto different background images though... so that it looks like they actually got to drive it (this lends magazines more credibility in the reader's eyes.. ironically enough). These images are probably created by placing the car into a nondescript background and giving the wheels a motion blur to create a sense of rolling motion.

But, how can this happen? Isn't there an embargo on this information before the debut at the New York Auto Show in 2 weeks?
Magazine publishers have a lot of pressure to get their rags out than they have time to worry about breaking embargoes by a few days. Motor Trend was sending out their May issue a month early (like most magazines these days) and apparently assumed that the other major rags would also be running the same story (..and there may be. Right now, we don't know). One of the magazines reached the public much sooner than expected (publishing houses care even less about embargoes) and now we have images.. early.
How do we know this isn't an elaborate April's Fools joke from Motor Trend??
It being published in the May issue would be your first clue.

I'm not going to spend any more time discussing why these photos are the real thing. Anyone still doubting at this point will just have to wait for the NYAS (or for some other magazines' May issues to hit the shelves)
"

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on March 28, 2007, 02:55:31 PM
Agree, though I don't care for the current taillights.

I actually like the taillight quite a bit. 

But, this is possibly my favorite picture of an Impreza ever:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

nickdrinkwater

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

ro51092

I like them in this order:
1. Bugeye
2. Aero-grille
3. Normal-looking (blobeye)

the Teuton

Quote from: ro51092 on March 28, 2007, 10:45:01 PM
I like them in this order:
1. Bugeye
2. Aero-grille
3. Normal-looking (blobeye)

I'm not going to start.  If I did, I'd be starting with GC models and working my way down. 

ro51092

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on March 28, 2007, 09:18:42 AM
It's been the STI from 2005 on.  It used to be the STi from 1992 until 2004.  It's like when Mercedes-Benz changed the 500SL into the SL500--it's the same kind of thing.

True, but the power split changed also. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

ChrisV

Quote from: the Teuton on March 28, 2007, 10:49:02 PM
I'm not going to start.  If I did, I'd be starting with GC models and working my way down. 

Agreed. Too bad we only got the 2.5 RS and not the STi...

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

the Teuton

Here's a link to the background of the photos:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/29/fool-us-once-most-recent-08-impreza-shots-are-photoshops/

And ChrisV, believe it or not, the 2.5 RS was a mishmash of WRX parts from Version 1 (Subarus have versions, not Evos) to Version 6 and a 2.5 from the Legacy.  I wish we got the other WRX models, too.

Eye of the Tiger

So, I guess this means it's not a photochopped Mazda 3  :(

the Teuton

Uhh...no.  I love the interior and think it's a bit of a throwback to the wrap around first gen's like mine, but the exterior is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too conservative to be a WRX.  They need to step it up with bot the WRX's hp and the STI overall.

S204STi

Oh well. Some positives: should be about as quick 0-60 and through the 1/4, should have more useable torque lower in the RPM range, and should handle nicely with the Legacy underpinnings.

the Teuton

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

The official pic isn't quite as good, but it's liveable.

How do you say that the seats look like they came out of my L wagon is Japanese?

And the i model without the hood scoop...
  :cry:

S204STi

No more fender bulges on the Sedan...darn.  Otherwise this sedan looks much better than the hatch, unlike currently where it is a bit of a tossup.

Thanks for posting up those new pics!